Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567308 times)

freelander

• Reg Member
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #705 on: September 17, 2015, 01:13:23 PM »

Nothing like new active development to remind me to donate. What is the preferred minimum donation?  Thanks

I have just donated and think the prefered minimum is £10

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #706 on: September 17, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »

Hello,

I signed up for mydslwebstats a few days ago and have noticed in my firewall logs that the web server is trying to initiate connections on port 143 137 (NetBEUI)with alarming regularity. Could someone investigate and see what's going on please?

Firewall logs (sanity checked and a small sample) below.

Thanks.

It's a Windows based server and the reason you see it is because Windows is trying to resolve the remote host via NetBIOS (on Port 137)  name as well as with DNS. Perfectly normal and is the default setup on a card although I can see your concern, it does look a bit frequent... I'll disable it on the NIC and see what happens, hopefully nothing untoward (now done).
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #707 on: September 17, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »

Nothing like new active development to remind me to donate. What is the preferred minimum donation?  Thanks

I have just donated and think the prefered minimum is £10

Yes, there's a link at top left of page but don't let that hold you back  :D
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #708 on: September 17, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »

guess its time for me to stick that hg612 on ebay which I said i would send some of the proceeds to MDWS.

myusername

• Just arrived
« Reply #709 on: September 17, 2015, 05:24:45 PM »

Hello,

I signed up for mydslwebstats a few days ago and have noticed in my firewall logs that the web server is trying to initiate connections on port 143 137 (NetBEUI)with alarming regularity. Could someone investigate and see what's going on please?

Firewall logs (sanity checked and a small sample) below.

Thanks.

It's a Windows based server and the reason you see it is because Windows is trying to resolve the remote host via NetBIOS (on Port 137)  name as well as with DNS. Perfectly normal and is the default setup on a card although I can see your concern, it does look a bit frequent... I'll disable it on the NIC and see what happens, hopefully nothing untoward (now done).
Hi, thanks for taking swift action, but this is far from normal. There's a whole discussion to be had about how serious NetBIOS over the internet is, but it'll suffice to post these links explaining. Source: I'm a network security engineer for a blue chip company.

https://www.grc.com/port_137.htm
https://isc.sans.edu/forums/diary/Is+it+time+to+get+rid+of+NetBIOS/12454/

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #710 on: September 17, 2015, 11:29:52 PM »

MDWS SERVER DOWNTIME and INTERFACE UPGRADE TO V2.0

I don't see any issue using 1.4.0 it's been very stable indeed the added enhanced DLM gadget will be very welcome for users who don't understand the DLM threshold for there line it becomes very clear when you click on it  :)

A years worth of stats is excellent it's just some stats analysts may find it to be confined i am just happy to see 7 days worth of stats.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #711 on: September 18, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »

Any chance of you removing the reference to Plusnet on your DLM gadget or it there any option for the End user to remove it ?
Just that it isn't unique to Plusnet ,other ISP's use the DLM Speed stability option too, As if i were to be a donator i would appreciate that it be free of Branding & ads

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #712 on: September 18, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »

Tommy, I'm sure that's there because that example was from a Plus Net connection, yours will show your ISP.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #713 on: September 18, 2015, 01:47:41 PM »

Any chance of you removing the reference to Plusnet on your DLM gadget or it there any option for the End user to remove it ?
Just that it isn't unique to Plusnet ,other ISP's use the DLM Speed stability option too, As if i were to be a donator i would appreciate that it be free of Branding & ads

:hmm: It's the ISP of the user you are currently looking at as Ronski says ...
Tony
My Books!

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #714 on: September 18, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »

Ok,  :blush:

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #715 on: September 18, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »

Hope it goes smoothly Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #716 on: September 19, 2015, 11:00:08 PM »

NOTES ON ACCESSING V2.0.0 from Sunday 20th September 2015

Other things have got in the way of creating a comprehensive guide but as much of the day to day operation is the same but laid out differently, users should adjust pretty quickly. This post concentrates on the major changes.

So this is just a short guide on how to access and use V2 as it may not be immediately obvious. Please see the earlier post for more general info...

Once active with the server back up, the Version at the top the main page should read V2.0.0 (hit F5 or whatever forces a refresh if it doesn't) you should see very few immediate changes as it will effectively be running V1.4.0 (see the attachments for screen grabs of what follows). BUT on the line of links below the Social Media icons there is a new dropdown labelled Graph Size. If it says Not Available then you don't qualify as a Supporter currently and you need to for access (see earlier post). If it says this, it will operate just like V1.4 but with some limitations.

Otherwise it should read Original. Original is the display you are used to seeing with the Control Box at the left of the graphs. With the list box dropped down you'll see Vy Small - Small - Medium - Standard - Large - Extra Large as graph size options for vertical height.  Standard is a little larger than the old system (you can return to this earlier display version at any time if you want using Original.)

If you open more then one pane, all the graphs are the same size - it should in a future release be possible to mix graph sizes amongst panes. The larger the graph the less you can see at once but there is more vertical resolution. At the smaller end you can likely see a lot on screen at once but detail goes and also various labels vanish at the smallest size. The Legend for the various graph colours is now above the graphs rather than below.

So picking a graph size will refresh the whole display and the graphs now occupy the whole width of the MDWS GUI.

There still a maximum of three items in each pane - Stats Summary at the top, then the Control Box, then the graph or listing. You can turn off the Stats Summary to have more vertical space (for all panes displayed) by checking the option right of the Graph Size dropdown. Some of the info in the Stats Summary is then transferred to the Control Box including the DLM traffic light status and other info is then repeated on the graph itself. There is no obvious indication currently by colour if the line is down and the Stats Summary is hidden but that will come...

Here is a typical display with and without the Summary Stats (note the option to remove the Stats Summary has been withdrawn temporarily):

If the user has allowed it (via options), then you may also see a thumb of their Latency graph at right of the Stats Summary as in the top graph. Selecting it will display it full size. It is NOT displayed if there has been no update recently.

The Control Box is much as it was but now horizontal and the green button at right replaces the old Update button - one extra checkbox option for SNRM is Hi Res for periods of 48 hours and less - this lets the chart define the vertical limits without starting at zero and may or may not increase the vertical resolution depending on how Google feels. Here's a comparison when it does work:

And at the bottom is the smallest graph height with hi-res enabled.

Note that the View/Save button is now hidden for browsers that do not support it (Firefox/Waterfox/Edge). There is no solution for this currently except to use a screen grabber or other utility such as Lightshot or Snipping Tool.

DLM GADGET
Here is another (there is also one in the original upgrade post) example of the popup DLM display that hopefully gives much more detail and clearly shows which traffic lights (hopefully) apply to your line. This example is for a pretty awful line!

Users cannot make any adjustments to this display as it is automated (and thanks to Kitz for helping with the layout :) ). The circular meter at right needs to be up in the yellow or preferably the green part to be accurate - it displays the percentage of minutes data available for the user from the 1440 there should be over 24 hours.  It will close automatically when it loses focus.

ZOOMING
Due to some changes with the Google charts, zooming is now only possible by drag selecting an area and not by clicking on one of the highlight circles/blobs. Try to highlight an area with the center as the point of interest. You can do this multiple times and a right click reverts to the original scale.

I've probably missed some things so please yell if you need assistance - also check the earlier post as that has additional info on some other options including displaying your modem and upload failure notifications.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:46:57 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2015, 10:03:45 AM »

It all seems to be working properly (although I haven't checked every detail of course) so well done Tony.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #718 on: September 20, 2015, 10:13:14 AM »

It all seems to be working properly (although I haven't checked every detail of course) so well done Tony.

Thanks

There's a pile of hair sitting next to me though....  :-X

The only immediate problem I see is that the graphs don't quite fit within their containers properly, too close to the bottom line but I'll find and fix.

Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #719 on: September 20, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »

I don't no if it's a glitch but saying I can only view 5 days stats because I have not donated , I did donate a few days back and my user name shows in green

Cheers
Chris

Um, it takes effect within 5 minutes of doing it. I'll have a look now...
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 129

anything