Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567187 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2015, 09:09:15 AM »

I didn't like to suggest that  :-X but it is an ECI cab and if that is the reason  :drunk:

Somehow I doubt it but you never know... I'll ask friend across the road if anything has happened to his line.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #556 on: June 17, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »

I think a resync may help ;)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #557 on: June 17, 2015, 01:53:41 PM »

I think a resync may help ;)

Same here resync will help your speeds greatly :cool:
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #558 on: June 17, 2015, 04:28:15 PM »

Thanks for the comments and it's still there... I'll do a resync late tonight as it takes MDWS off the air of course so inconvenience fewer people.
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #559 on: June 17, 2015, 05:28:05 PM »

I guess Newt will advise a resync to get the extra d/l but won't be good news if it's temporary and then goes away.....

Ideas??

It's your crosstalk disturber they have turned off their modem and maybe went off on hols, it never last's to long 4 days max if your lucky.

It's not worth rebooting your FTTC modem as what you gain will be taken away from you when the disturber modem comes back on again.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #560 on: June 17, 2015, 05:38:04 PM »

As I said at the start, the biggest single drop from the five disturbers I've seen in the past year is 1.5dB so I doubt they all unplugged at once, have to wait and see. It was my initial guess as well though and I did say it would be bad news if it came back to where it was and I had rebooted....

What it won't take away though is the improvement from ditching the Zyxel....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:40:27 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #561 on: June 17, 2015, 05:46:45 PM »

As I said at the start, the biggest single drop from the five disturbers I've seen in the past year is 1.5dB so I doubt they all unplugged at once, have to wait and see. It was my initial guess as well though and I did say it would be bad news if it came back to where it was and I had rebooted....

I just what you to know in April we had wide spread power outage in April and my disturber took five days to come and hit me.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #562 on: June 19, 2015, 09:15:51 AM »

Well the SNRM went back down to 'normal' last night before I got round to resyncing so whatever it was has been switched on again as newt suggested. If it's a disturber then I can only think it has to be one that was present before I started keeping stats in May 2014 as no individual disturber has affected me by anywhere near ~6dB in one go. I think I was third on the cab at the time in February 2014 and at least one of the others is close to me.

The gradual loss of SNRM on reboot and loss of physical download/upload speed that was occurring with the Zyxel VMG8324 has now gone since ditching it and the line is stable and back up to speed again again since switching back to the HG612/TG582n combo on 11th June.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #563 on: June 19, 2015, 11:51:16 AM »

DONATIONS

Thanks to those who donated in the six weeks since the 2nd May to support the site (some have donated multiple times) and they are listed below  :clap: :

AlexMUK
derekh
ip75
lf2k
longstaff
pooclah
valleysboy
vic0239

COSTS OF RUNNING THE SERVICE AND DONATIONS
As intimated a month ago, the physical costs of running/maintaining and upgrading the server are still not in any way reduced/countered by donations. So if the donations do not pick up quickly, the site will move to requesting a small one-off minimum donation and to restrict access to older data (back by a fixed number of days) to those users who have not donated. Basic access will otherwise remain free to Registered users. The code to achieve this is already in place but not yet implemented. 

Also, as of today, those Registered Users who have supported the site from its inception last year, either by monetary donation or through other support such as being admins, providing facilities, helping with publicity, assisting with testing and so on, will have recognition as MDWS Supporters by having their user names highlighted in green in the two lists of currently active users that appear at the bottom of the main page. This is something I've done in the past on other sites I've worked on that were supported by donations, notably Jag-lovers.  Might also have a separate list of donee usernames (only) available as there are a couple of donees who don't use the site much.

The process of recognising users who subsequently donate via PayPal is automated providing you either donate from the same e-mail you are Registered with or your registered name is uniquely identifiable or you add (in the PayPal comments/message facility) your user name in the form:

username:myusername

so it can be picked up (checked every 5 mins). Otherwise you'll have to wait until it can be processed manually.

Thanks for your support. There are currently 334 Registered Users.
Tony
My Books!

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #564 on: June 19, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »

The process of recognising users who subsequently donate via PayPal is automated providing you either donate from the same e-mail you are Registered with or your registered name is uniquely identifiable or you add (in the PayPal comments/message facility) your user name in the form.

Is it possible to donate using alternative methods e.g. BTC?

Can you update your MDWS username and email address somehow?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:58:45 PM by ktz392837 »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #565 on: June 20, 2015, 07:57:47 AM »

Is it possible to donate using alternative methods e.g. BTC?

Not currently, or ever likely,  I'm afraid.

PayPal is one of the few methods of payment that doesn't involve a merchant account at additional cost. Many people don't realise that anyone with a supported credit/debit card can use PayPal in exactly the same way as any online card processor, there is no need to register with them, just use the supplied link and then under Pay with Credit Card or Log In at the left, fill in the details in the usual way.

Can you update your MDWS username and email address somehow?

Not your user name I'm afraid. E-mail address you should be able to but there was a problem with the functionality and I haven't got round to fixing it yet. I'll try to get to it in between more urgent things. Or PM me any change and I'll do it for you and that applies to anyone.

Thanks.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #566 on: June 20, 2015, 09:58:42 AM »

CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL

This is now possible via the Options link near the bottom of the main page. Please check to make sure you receive the confirmation mail that will be sent to the new address else we cannot contact you.

This has proved a problem with several users who have been uploading invalid data for several months but have invalid e-mails and never logon to see console messages for them. No option but to suspend the accounts and eventually delete them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:21:55 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2015, 02:26:24 PM »

It is not very significant and I have probably missed something, but I just wondered why the upstream FEC that occur on FTTC "fast" path don't show on MyDSLWebStats. 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #568 on: June 21, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »

I've got an upstream interleave depth of 1, and small numbers of upstream FECs do show on my MDWS graph.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #569 on: June 21, 2015, 04:20:24 PM »

@roseway I see them on dslstats but nothing on MyDSLWebStats. I think you had zero on MyDSLWebStats prior to G.INP, I am on an ECI.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 129