Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567277 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #525 on: June 01, 2015, 06:45:01 PM »

At times, this week included I get hit by odd SES and it would be nice if they could be logged on MyDSLwebStats

Unfortunately, the data needed to plot it isn't uploaded currently in a form that can be used directly as with the other graphs. The SES data is there but would need a lot of real time calculations to get it to graph and I just don''t have the time available for some months yet to possibly have a look at it.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #526 on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:31 PM »

Thanks for the response.  I do understand and am very grateful for the work that has already gone into MyDslWebStats.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #527 on: June 01, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »

Hi tbailey as we have down Tot /24Hr ES graph would there be a way to see the up Tot /24Hr ES graph  :-\

holmbase

« Reply #528 on: June 05, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »

Hi. I hope no one else has reported this and I've missed it.

Since v1.4 of MDWS I seem to have gaps in my charts on an intermittent basis. I'm using DSLstats v5.5 running on Linux Mint 13.1. The gaps do not appear on the charts in DSLstats only on MDWS. My username on MDWS is hypericum. I am assuming it is something linked to v1.4 however - I upgraded from 5.4 to 5.5 of DSLstats at the same time (unknowingly) so I don't know if it is related to that rather than MDWS.

It's not a major deal and after it first happened it did settle down and become less and less frequent to the point of almost disappearing. I had to reboot my computer today and now the gaps have started again.

Anyway, I just wanted to point it out in case it's something simple to resolve.

Thanks

John

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #529 on: June 05, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »

Are there any corresponding entries in the DSLstats event log?
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #531 on: June 05, 2015, 10:22:51 PM »

Tony....Should the mini stats link point to http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/mdwssuu.htm ??

Ian

Yes  :hmm:
I presume you can see it is currently pointing to http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/Container.htm#]http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/Container.htm#]http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/Container.htm#

No I can't see that I have to say... it's definitely coded to the correct link and works okay here and from a remote terminal I have access to.

.... hang on

Are you referring to what happens when you hover over the link and the URL that comes up at the bottom of the browser window? If so then that's correct, you'll see what you refer to but I assume the link is actually working correctly for you though as you quoted the destination URL in the first post.

The reason it shows the link it does is because the destination URL is loaded via Javascript and you can't see that. The hash stops the calling page reloading while letting the JS execute.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:44:32 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

holmbase

« Reply #532 on: June 06, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »

Are there any corresponding entries in the DSLstats event log?
Eric

Nothing in the log window other than snapshots taken. However, I stopped, quit and restarted DSLstats and everything now seems good. Not sure why but problem solved.

Memo to self for next time.

John

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #533 on: June 09, 2015, 08:07:51 AM »

Good to see I can now sort the All User data into descending G.INP so I can see all the G.INP enabled users together. Thanks ;)

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #534 on: June 09, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »

Is MDWS down?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #535 on: June 09, 2015, 04:36:49 PM »

Not now, but it looks as though it was down for some hours this afternoon.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #536 on: June 09, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

Not now, but it looks as though it was down for some hours this afternoon.

I've been out all day and just seen it. Looks like the modem has thrown a wobbly as the TBB monitor is showing 92% packet loss since it went down at 13:45 or so originally. It's resynched twice since then after 54 days up for some reason (LOS)  :'(

Although everything looks okay on the server, I am going to switch it off the Zyxel for 30 mins in a moment and see if that cures it so please bear with me ...

Edit:
So it's now 06:30 and no change after the modem restart. All seems to be working okay for the server in/out - Ookla shows normal 18ms latency, sync and attainable are slightly up on normal so not sure what the problem is. Recent TBB graph attached  :o , the 'normal' part is normal and the peak was a big upload Other users TBB graphs look okay

As I wasn't around when it first happened, obviously I haven't changed anything. Maybe reflash with latest 10C0 firmware when I get a chance... Or go back to HG612 if necessary.

Ideas welcomed please...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:49:59 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #537 on: June 10, 2015, 06:56:31 AM »

People's experiences with Zyxel seem to vary widely. I stopped using the VMG8324-B10A because it lost ethernet connectivity after a couple of days of operation. I don't know if something like that could explain your problem yesterday. Personally I would be inclined to replace it with an HG612 and a very good router.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #538 on: June 10, 2015, 07:01:07 AM »

Thanks Eric.

That's my preference as well. It had been up around 54 days with no problems though which is the odd thing. I'll maybe go back to the original HG612 and a new TG582n I have spare as that at least worked for over a year. Also see if the loss of 1MB upload on the change was the Zyxel or not.

There may be a Zyxel VMG8324-B10A for sale soon if anyone wants one  ::)
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #539 on: June 10, 2015, 05:15:43 PM »

I am planning to sell mine alongside a spare hg612 (whilst demand is high due to g.inp issues), I decided I want an ac68 asus router, but am now discipling myself in spending so will fund it from sale of old stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 129