Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567325 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #495 on: May 07, 2015, 11:22:54 PM »

I just got two emails from MyDSLWebStats to-day at 21:15 saying my G.INP has been disabled on my line an then another email saying G.INP has been enabled are you having issues tony ?

I have to say though that those emails were sent to you two days ago on the 5th May..... Postman your end must have had a couple of days off  ;) Have a look in the headers and see what dates are there please.

Edit: I've checked the database entries for that time (15th at 21:15) and the row entry shows G.INP as NOT enabled - looks like a glitch, maybe the modem itself as other data is there and G.INP enabled before and after.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:37:03 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #496 on: May 09, 2015, 12:08:31 AM »

Cheers Tony as that date coinsides with a auto firmware update on the HG612 it was not a manual update by me or reflashing the HG612, but the weird part is nothing changed regarding lastest firmware version only the date & time was modified in the change detection system on Ronski's GUI  :-\
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:11:17 AM by NewtronStar »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #497 on: May 09, 2015, 01:52:44 PM »

NS. There is a problem in the detection system, I've seen it happen at work just haven't had the time to look into it. The tell tale sign is it shows as N/A, then the next entry shows the same firmware ID's as before the N/A.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #498 on: May 09, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »

Thanks Ron that helps me relax as my mind was asking was it a update or was it not and then the dreaded thoughts of modem being compromised started to creep in.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #499 on: May 17, 2015, 07:11:23 AM »

MyDSLWebStats V 1.4.0 Update 17th May 2015

As well as a major update in itself, this also reflects some of the myriad of changes to MDWS that have taken place in the background since V1.3.0 was released. Please note that the Help system has NOT yet been updated as I simply haven't had the time to do it. You may need to hit F5 to get the complete updates if V1.4.0 is not already showing.

Introduction of G.INP data

G.INP works differently to non-G.INP and there's a whole new way of dealing with/avoiding errors via retransmission with much lower overhead.

Whilst this has now been somewhat upset by the decision by BT to suspend rollout, nevertheless it has taken an awful lot of time and effort by those who run the project (tbailey2, BaldEagle 1 and roseway) to sort out. At the moment, there are only two users uploading G.INP data (BaldEagle1 and roseway) and the correct versions of the upload programs for everyone else will be made available later at a date to be announced following some further trials after this upgrade.

In the meantime, you can view the 17 additional graphs that are available from the users who are uploading once you are running V1.4.0. The user names have 'G' after them in the dropdown list if this data is available. You will not see any G.INP options for users who are not uploading the data yet.

Note that if you view a G.INP specific graph for a user and then change to another user who doesn't have G.INP available, you'll see a message to that effect and need to hit Update when it will revert to the SNRM display.

Some notes:
The GINP indicator at the top left of the status bar above the graphs now reads either G.INP Active or G.INP Inactive where appropriate for that line (see this in the examples below).

G.INP Active means that it is currently implemented and running for that user and Inactive means it has been enabled at some point in the past but BT have disabled it currently.

In the data dropdown list, B0 and B1 are Bearer 0 and Bearer 1. Where both Bearers carry similar information (such as FEC/CRC) the old entries now have B0 ahead of them. G.INP specific entries have G- ahead of them.

When you start uploading data that includes the G.INP data and this is detected by MDWS, there may be a delay initially in uploading and display while some database changes are made in the background for your data. There will not be any G.INP data available prior to that time for an enabled user.

It's complicated yes - and what the new data means is a separate subject not attempted here.

Display of Resync data
You can now see Resync data for a user in several additional places. The Control Panel at left has a new dropdown list near the bottom for time-based graphs that lists all Resyncs for that user - this is the same data as is available from the Resync/LOS view. When dropped down, today's entries are in red and hovering over the entry will display (in most browsers) the same data that the Resync/LOS panel shows. This list auto updates in the background every 5 minutes.

Also, for date spans of 2 days or less, the Resyncs are now shown on the SNRM graph only. They take the form of blue spikes rising up to 3dB for each Resync. This is selectable via a check box in the Control Panel - note that this does not currently survive changes to selections other than changing to another user. And while in this mode, Zoom is not functional. The hover help by the Resync option has some more info (shown below).

Examples for the above facilities:

Data Retention/Costs/Donations

With increasing numbers of users, the amount of data being stored has necessitated more RAM being added to the server, and with very few donations lately, means funds have come out of my own pocket.

It now looks as though even more is going to be required shortly (basically to keep all the database tables in memory and avoid disk swapping) - plus offline storage costs for critical data. In the meantime, the amount of older stored data is already being reduced somewhat.

That and other costs (such as the failure of an SSD and changing to mirrored spinning disks) means that MyDSLWebStats might be moving to requiring a donation to build a fund for upgrades etc.

The alternative is this request that we need more voluntary donations please that might cover costs overall. There have only been two donations in the past four weeks so far at less than 10% of costs incurred.

The link for donations is at the top left of the main page. It helps a lot if you mention your username in the form 'user:myusername' as a message when donating. Thanks.

Other changes:

a) Database profiled and optimised several times to take average response times (the overall time taken to deliver the data from time of the request to the user to process for the majority of queries) down to 200ms or less. The baseline query is that for 24 hour SNRM. It can be as low as 70ms but the processor is only running currently at 40% of max speed for economy.

Some queries will take longer by varying degrees depending on where the data has to be fetched from.

b) Overseas users had incorrect start times to most graphs.

c) Addition of some stats at the top of the page to show how busy the server is.

d) The All User Stats entry has been moved to the BOTTOM of the list from the top.

e) Upload data is now available for all users on a rolling 12 month maximum basis. Data prior to this should be available to you locally from your upload program if you have kept it. Users who have not uploaded anything in the past three months will have all their previously uploaded data deleted although the account will remain. This is to reduce the data retention load for data that may well never be used again.

f) The upload program and version are shown at the bottom right of each graph for each user.

g) There is an additional option Mini Stats located next to the Options link near the bottom of the main window. This displays a mini version of the stats summary for the logged in user shown above graphs but in a standalone window located at the top left of your screen by default but it can be moved.

h) And lots of other little updates I've forgotten by now but which have no significant effect on running of the program

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:23:20 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #500 on: May 17, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »

Great work Tony, would it be worth putting your Plusnet referral link on the site, that way if anybody does sign up to Plusnet by it at least  you will get  the on going commission.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #501 on: May 17, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »

Great work all. Happy to help with any further trials if you need a guinea pig. I'm on the 8800NL.
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #502 on: May 17, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »

g) And lots of other little updates I've forgotten by now....

And this is why changelogs exist  :P (I've been here a lot, I have the memory of a hypothetical goldfish :-X)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #503 on: May 17, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »

Great work Tony, would it be worth putting your Plusnet referral link on the site, that way if anybody does sign up to Plusnet by it at least  you will get  the on going commission.

Oh errr... it already is I thought since it started up.

Seems though it's only enabled on the Index/Home page   :-X

Will fix shortly. Thanks.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #504 on: May 17, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »

Also now fixed (hopefully) is a positioning problem with the graphs and extra info in the Control Box forcing the buttons out of sight (for IE, FF and Chrome/Opera but Safari [Last Win version] won't play).

One of the G.INP graphs has been renamed to G-LEFTRS at the request of BE1 who says:

I THINK that 'L' means near side, 'EFTR' means Error Free Throughput Rate, 'S' means Seconds & the data is only non-zero whenever there has been some sort of near side 'interference'?
That's good - can we have meanings for the other 16 now please  ???

F5 will get it fully implemented.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:00:26 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #505 on: May 17, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »

One of the G.INP graphs has been renamed to G-LEFTRS at the request of BE1 who says:

I THINK that 'L' means near side, 'EFTR' means Error Free Throughput Rate, 'S' means Seconds & the data is only non-zero whenever there has been some sort of near side 'interference'?

L for local, the converse of remote, maybe?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #506 on: May 17, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »

Just noticed; the graph title could do with changing too.

That's good - can we have meanings for the other 16 now please  ???

I think your naming convention describes them sufficiently, apart from maybe MinEFTR.
Presumably that's Minimum (E)rror (F)ree (T)hroughput (R)ate?

I'm not too sure about 'lookback' though.
I have assumed that is related to the size of the buffer needed to store errors that require retransmission (rtx_tx) before they can be corrected (rtx_c) or left uncorrected (rtx_uc).

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:21:28 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2015, 04:12:25 PM »

Just noticed; the graph title could do with changing too.

Done
Tony
My Books!

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2015, 09:13:46 AM »

Tony

Has something changed; multi day seems to be not working

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »

Tony

Has something changed; multi day seems to be not working
Seems okay now. The process that controls the daily update didn't fire off when it should at 00:30 but runs again at 09:30 just in case. It checks for missing days...
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 129

anything