Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567276 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #450 on: April 08, 2015, 12:39:06 PM »

I have upgraded DSLStats to 5.4 (I was using 5.3) and checked on the MYDSLWebstats site that I am logged in. I can see my name in the list of registered names but I'm still not uploading. I have checked the gateway I am on and checked that I've moved after a hop but still no joy. I'm almost certain this is my finger trouble which is very frustrating. Is there anything else anyone can suggest please? DSLStats is still doing its thing fine and I have stopped and restarted it to no avail.
Tony

Are there any relevant entries in the Event log?
And could you take a snapshot of the DSLstats MDWS configuration page and copy it here? Make sure you haven't ticked the Reveal box when you do this.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #451 on: April 08, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »

Have you looked in the Event Log tab of DSLstats to see if that tells you anything?  Have you get the validation checked okay message yet on the MyDSLWebStats config tab?
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #452 on: April 08, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

I should have checked the event log before but unfortunately the only relevant comment in there is "MyDSLWebStats validation check failed" about 8 or 9 times and my IP address. Checked OK still says "Unable....". A copy of the config page is attached (I hope!)
Tony

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #453 on: April 08, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »

I think you've revealed a bug: the 'Check now' button only works when the 'Upload data to MyDSLWebStats' box is ticked. If you do that, it should work. :fingers:
  Eric

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #454 on: April 08, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »

Unfortunately I've tried that and it won't let me tick it. I'm going to be so cross I'm sure when we find out what stupidity I've performed.
Tony

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #455 on: April 08, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »

Eric is a better person to answer this but as an idea have you tried stopping DSLstats recording first, and then trying to enable it. If that doesn't work, terminate DSLstats after stopping it and restart it then try? My copy running here seems to accept changing that checkbox at any time...
Tony
My Books!

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #456 on: April 08, 2015, 08:05:31 PM »

I have tried stopping the recording and after your suggestion I exited the program and restarted it. Still no joy. I am using a tg582 router (still on ADSL2+) and I wonder if someone else here has the same conditions as me. That is Plusnet customer, ADSL2+ and a tg 582. Be good to have a comparison.
Tony

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #457 on: April 08, 2015, 08:17:17 PM »

Quote from: tbailey2
It should be selected when you first log on, seems to work here okay - if not select yourself or another user and that user will stay with you from then on for that pane until changed...

Didn't have cookies enabled.....

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #458 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:40 PM »

I have tried stopping the recording and after your suggestion I exited the program and restarted it. Still no joy. I am using a tg582 router (still on ADSL2+) and I wonder if someone else here has the same conditions as me. That is Plusnet customer, ADSL2+ and a tg 582. Be good to have a comparison.
Tony

Does that mean that you're using the TG582n as a modem/router? If so, then I owe you an apology, because the MyDSLWebStats functions only work with normal Broadcom-based modems, not with the Thomson/Technicolor models. The latter don't provide access to the range of data needed for MDWS.

I should have made this clear at the outset, but I confess that I simply didn't think of it.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #459 on: April 08, 2015, 11:09:46 PM »

It was reading stats though if that makes any difference, you can see them at the bottom of the screen grab  :-\
Tony
My Books!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #460 on: April 08, 2015, 11:18:39 PM »

Yes, DSLstats does work with limited functionality with the Thomson/Technicolor models, but much of the data needed by MDWS is missing.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #461 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:02 PM »

Yes, DSLstats does work with limited functionality with the Thomson/Technicolor models, but much of the data needed by MDWS is missing.

Okay. I thought maybe it would just upload a subset for 'challenged' modem/routers.... I did check the validation code and that is okay but nothing has ever made it up to the server.
Tony
My Books!

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2015, 12:46:21 AM »

Thanks, everyone. It seems the problem is solved. Perhaps I should have made it clear what router I was using but since DSLStats works so well with it I didn't imagine it would not work to record my stats. This is the only reason i have registered with MyDSLWebStats. I will join the grown ups when I get proper fast broadband with a new router. Can't be long now - the exchange is upgraded but no sign of an extra cabinet by my original one.
Tony

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2015, 07:03:38 AM »

Once again, I'm sorry Tony. I don't like leaving you unsupported, but at present I'm having to prioritise my time spent at the PC.
  Eric

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #464 on: April 09, 2015, 12:46:59 PM »

Eric
No need to apologise and absolutely no need to rush to a solution (if there is one). Sorry it took us so long to realise what the problem was.
Tony
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 129