Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567179 times)

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2014, 07:45:03 AM »

The new graph is actually the best for judging the error state of the connection.  :) The 24 hour is the most important stat.  I agree that the hourly values are harder to see at the bottom, although a good indication is given by the local slope of the 24 hour plot.  The cursor still gives the exact values should they be wanted.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2014, 08:06:05 AM »

I agree that the hourly values are harder to see at the bottom

I think it may require another option to switch the running total and average off. ;)

Ian

bigbossa

« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2014, 11:14:28 AM »

Help!
I have registered on the  MyDSLWebStats but cant log on as I have forgotten my memorable phrase , on resetting via the "forgot password" facility I get "Password reset has failed - please go back and try again....";  through the email

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »

Help!
I have registered on the  MyDSLWebStats but cant log on as I have forgotten my memorable phrase , on resetting via the "forgot password" facility I get "Password reset has failed - please go back and try again....";  through the email

Please try the link again, it should work for you now, took a while to puzzle the failure out. I've PMd you separately.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »

I agree that the hourly values are harder to see at the bottom

I think it may require another option to switch the running total and average off. ;)

Ian

Done, there is now a checkbox to click on for an instant with and without  :)
Tony
My Books!

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2014, 04:12:33 PM »

Thanks again Tony.

You really are a star. ;D ;D

One more option you may care to think about implementing; as I am on a dynamic IP address and am unable to switch to a static one, I use the ping monitoring graphs from http://f8lure.mouselike.org/ a static png is produced just like the TBB ones http://f8lure.mouselike.org/proxyfirebrick.asp?ID=53705 or http://f8luresig.mouselike.org/sig.png?/53705.png

Ian

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »

Yeah sometimes to much info can be distractive and it's nice to have the option to filter out what you need and don't at that time.

Good Job Tbailey2  :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »

HG612 Modem Stats V4.0.0.6

Just a reminder that those of you using BE1's software with MyDSLWebStats should upgrade to this latest version to overcome various problems relating to timeouts and occasional uploading of files full of zeros. There are about a dozen active users who need to do this, in particular WWWombat, Mike-IG and spadge007....

Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2014, 08:34:22 AM »

MyDSLWebStats is Moving next Sunday 16th November 2014

For a number of reasons but primarily due to a lack of enough donations from our 90 registered users (63 of whom currently upload) to support even the first month of the £120 a month that the dedicated server rental for this facility costs, MyDSLWebStats is moving to a new web site URL and much cheaper server next Sunday 16th November 2014 at 10:00 GMT.

There is a danger that the new server will not cope but that remains to be seen as it's only been possible to carry out limited stress tests. The current server monthly rental expires on 19th November and it hasn't crashed/failed or been overloaded since it was started up back in July.

However, IF any of you out there who find the facility useful want to help keep the current server going via donations for at least a couple more months to evaluate a way forward then that is a possibility and the change could be avoided, possibly permanently. And many thanks to those who have donated so far.

If the change goes ahead, the site will still be known as MyDSLWebStats but the access URL from the 16th will be:

http://www.livedslstats.co.uk/

This new site is active but there is just a holding home page at the moment until the 16th.

This will inevitably result in some disruption but this will be minimised as much as is possible. If you are uploading then you need to read this post carefully as you MUST make changes if you are to continue uploading.

The changeover will start at 10:00am local time. From then on you will automatically be diverted to the new site holding page as far as viewing results go. The holding page will auto update every few minutes and change to the normal Home page with a Log On link etc when it is available again. Everyone using the site to VIEW data will then need to Log On on and set up their pane(s) again. All other user data is still there, you do NOT need to Register again. The site should then operate as before for you.

Please make sure that you are permitting Cookies from the new site (as www.livedslstats.co.uk).

If you are UPLOADING then then there are ESSENTIAL additional changes...

At 10:00 GMT, no further uploads will be accepted by www.mydslwebstats.co.uk and nothing will be processed. Your upload program will appear to have lost connection to the site and you may as well switch uploads off.

In the background, there will be a lot going on to finish the remaining transfers to the new site, much of which is already done and tested.

While this is happening, YOU MUST UPGRADE YOUR STATS PROGRAM BEFORE YOU CAN UPLOAD AGAIN.

Both HG612 Modem Stats and DSLStats will have new versions available by 10:00 GMT. After upgrading PLEASE WAIT until 10:15am before trying new uploads which will then automatically go to the correct place only IF you have upgraded. Before that they will likely be ignored unless the database is available earlier, but there are no guarantees with the availability time. The site itself may not be available until later for viewing.

There will be more info available on the upgrades from Bald_Eagle1/Ronski and roseway nearer the time.

If you hit any problems after the upgrade, or nothing happens at 11:00, please don't post a multitude of Help! It isn't working messages here as we probably know about it! There will be a post in the Kitz MyDSLWebStats thread if there is a hold up or as soon as it is available.

If for any reason the time or date changes or the change is cancelled then there will be a another post made.

Thanks for bearing with us and those of us on the development end hope you find the facility useful.
Tony
My Books!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »

Admin note - Ive moved all discussions about donations to the other thread started by Tony here

Please continue any discussions about donations to MDWS in the other thread, and leave this one for technical discussion/help.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2014, 07:48:28 AM »

MyDSLWebStats Server Move on 16th Nov CANCELLED

Just a note that the proposed move will NOT now take place until the hosting is sorted out. More later when anything is available....
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2014, 09:24:43 PM »

noticed around 16:24 with all users there was no uploading until 16:59 a gap of 35 minutes  :-\

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2014, 08:09:21 AM »

noticed around 16:24 with all users there was no uploading until 16:59 a gap of 35 minutes  :-\

Only just spotted this - the server was still running okay at that time so looks like a lost database connection at the data centre end... There was another one a few hours before but with shorter duration.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »

There is now a MyDSLWebStats Mobile Edition that allows you to get your basic stats on the move.

This has a separate thread on the link above.
Tony
My Books!

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2014, 01:37:30 PM »

It seems very likely that SES as well as ES are counted by the DLM.  Assuming that it is uploaded I wondered if at some stage SES could be added to the ES plot in a maybe in  a different colour and perhaps as narrow bars and not a joined up line.   For most people they will be infrequent and most often zero so I don't think they will add to much confusion to the plots.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 129