Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567358 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »

Hi, been using the site since it went live and it is great.
Well done to all involved for creating a great place to store, view and compare DSL service statistics.
I do however have one issue that has just come to light.
I enabled the option to show my ISP and saved it a couple of days ago.
It appears to be showing me (VDSL-User) as BTW (BT Wholesale) however I am on a static
IP address with PlusNet, switch from BTW on 7th October 2014.
Any idea why this has not updated ?

Thanks for the nice comments....

Sorry, I disabled the update side for some reason I can't now remember. It's enabled again and auto-picked up the change at 10:30....
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »

whats the rdns of your ip?

I am guessing he either uses the rdns or a ip database of some sort.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2014, 08:57:54 AM »

Chrysalis

I understand you might have had this problem At between 1-3AM each morning the HG612V4 stops logging. The Logs show 2 instances of the stats program running. It only started a few nights ago (see post). Tony suggested you had this ? Its running on a Server 2008R2 that is doing noting else. There are no backups or any log activity.

Perhaps you might have seen this, and found a resolution. Its strange it happens at the same time each early morning. I have the delay settings at 0 and 10 secs.

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »

Tony

I've been trying to find why my stats stop at 0101 every day until 0301. It seems the failure is just after its uploaded to your server. I am not getting a curl return = 0 . After that tyhen the HG612 doesn't close. At 0301 I get a curl = 53 which then allows the proper closure of HG612 and then all returns to normal. Can you perhaps look and see if there is anything in your logs that might indicate why the upload hangs at this time and release later. I'm willing to believe that if I disable the upload, it wont stop the logging locally in the night.

Tony

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »

Tony

I've been trying to find why my stats stop at 0101 every day until 0301. It seems the failure is just after its uploaded to your server. I am not getting a curl return = 0 . After that tyhen the HG612 doesn't close. At 0301 I get a curl = 53 which then allows the proper closure of HG612 and then all returns to normal. Can you perhaps look and see if there is anything in your logs that might indicate why the upload hangs at this time and release later. I'm willing to believe that if I disable the upload, it wont stop the logging locally in the night.

Tony

I don't think this is the reason as it apparently doesn't affect anyone else but at 01:00 the server is locked for all access while an automatic backup takes place (since it went live). Because of this, no uploads are collected until after 01:01 and they will fail upload anyway due to the lock. The lock is released after about 1m 30s which will allow the 01:01 logs to be collected. There are no other indications of failures in any of the six logs I can look at for you (or anyone else that I can see).

I would see if BE1 can help via your local logs but he seems to be away at the moment.

Tony
My Books!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »

Tony

Thanks. It's really interesting that its at the same time, but unless you changed something it's odd it started this Wednesday AM.

I've moved the logging to a PC from the server, and if it fails again, I can try disabling the upload.

If BE1 sees this perhaps he could PM me and I can send the local logs for the periods.

Unless I've misread them it's the Curl that's failing to exit the keeps the HG stats running its instance.

Thanks for the info

Tony

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2014, 06:37:56 PM »

All

On further thought, I suspect Curl is hanging because it can't login. I'm not sure why this has just started to happen, maybe a slight time difference or something that stops it exiting with an error as you would expect if the server were locked.

I'm not sure of the significance of the two hours exactly when it finally exits with the code that indicated the server was locked and not straight away. That may be an OS issue, that the change I have made today might prove. Comments are welcome

Tony

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2014, 06:57:32 PM »

All

On further thought, I suspect Curl is hanging because it can't login. I'm not sure why this has just started to happen, maybe a slight time difference or something that stops it exiting with an error as you would expect if the server were locked.

I'm not sure of the significance of the two hours exactly when it finally exits with the code that indicated the server was locked and not straight away. That may be an OS issue, that the change I have made today might prove. Comments are welcome

Tony

Just to confirm that I haven't made any changes to the upload processing for some weeks. Your uploads are timed normally within the first 15 seconds of the minute.

You could try installing DSLStats V5.2 as well and then temporarily turn off HG612 uploading while you try it and see what happens. They both use curl.
Tony
My Books!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »

Tony thanks. I will see if the change of OS makes any difference. If it still fails tomorrow at the same time, Sunday I will turn off uploading late evening and see if the collection localy doesn't stop.

I did think of trying DSL Stats but I guess I need to try one thing at a time. Pity I can't force the error and it's always on the 0102 instance.

I pretty convinced it's hanging when your backup takes place and its not releasing, but no idea why !

Tony

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2014, 10:37:09 AM »

Update

Move to a W7 PC with a clean install and setup last night.

No logging again between 0101 and 0301, when Curl hung presumably at the time the Website backup started. To  confirm my thought, this is what's causing the 2 instances starting and stopping local logging I am going to disable the upload tonight. If that allows my local logging to continue, I'm going to have to wait for some more support, unless Tony B can see anything more on his server.

Thanks all

Tony

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »

Update

Move to a W7 PC with a clean install and setup last night.

No logging again between 0101 and 0301, when Curl hung presumably at the time the Website backup started. To  confirm my thought, this is what's causing the 2 instances starting and stopping local logging I am going to disable the upload tonight. If that allows my local logging to continue, I'm going to have to wait for some more support, unless Tony B can see anything more on his server.

Thanks all

Tony

There is one other user with the same problem (clystron) that I spotted after a search specifically for it last night You'll see his problem  is identical to yours if you run his SNRM graph). Backups have been happening automatically in the same way since early September when it went live. A way round it with would be for the two upload programs to not upload at 01:00 and probably 01:01 as well. This would lose some records. Could maybe be a user choice for those affected.

Still no sign of BE1 for whatever reason. I suspect your logs will show him the cause but I have to get him to decipher mine....

This change may be unnecessary as we are going to hopefully move to a new server and URL in the next few weeks and that one doesn't lock in the same way during backups AFAICT.

Tony
My Books!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »

Tony. That's really assuring as looking at his stats it started on the same night as mine .I wonder what's common ?

I suppose the way would be as a workaround to have 2 scheduled tasks. One that ran say 0105 for 23 hours evey minute daily and one at 0006 to run for 53 minutes every minute daily if I have my maths right !

I have cut down version's of the logs ready for when BE1 can look at them

Tony

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »

Tony

I have given this a bit more thought today.

Firstly, I monitor the SNRM as I have a problem in the early hours with noise, with CRC in a pane below. Your great improvement showing the "gap" in this graph, made the lack of logging obvious, otherwise I might not have noticed. If "clystron" is not looking at SNRM it may not be obvious he has the same issue.

Secondly, I'm convinced this issue arose after the MS patches on Tuesday they involved a lot of security issues especially with SSL and certificates. I've already had some MS Exchange credential issues since, might it be that only 2 of us are using this weeks patches on windows boxes ?

Thirdly I have setup up two scheduled tasks now to avoid the "Lockout Period" 01:04 - 23:59 = 22:58:00 and 0001 - 0059 = 00:58:00. I'm happy to provide an xml file to import these if any one needs them. I trust you think my maths is correct here.

Finally, is the scale on the SNRM "x" axis different to all others as it appears so on my display ?

Hope this information is useful and I will confirm if the "Gap" between 00:59 and 01:04 stops the issue tomorrow (The gap between 00:59 and 00:01 was intentional to avoid task scheduler issues)

Tony

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »

I'm running mine on Windows Home Server 2011, which is Basically Windows Server 2008. Mine is fully patched and up to date, no problems here at the moment.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »

That blows my theory then !

Thanks for the input Ronski
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129

anything