Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567538 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »

I've PMd it - they bounced it as SPAM! I'll get on to them

Really Odd nothing received, and I use Message Labs and there is nothing in there also

Tony
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »

It is all automatic (unless mail bounces of course although I should see it and have only just discovered why I'm not  :( ).

Hi

I have registered, but not yet received an email. I don't think its gone in any Junk, as I have checked. Perhaps your system is manual and takes time and not auto generated.

Looks magnificent work :P
Tony
My Books!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, 05:32:48 PM »

Your email is registered now, perhaps you could try a test when you have a moment to me address Cheers Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

spadge007

• Just arrived
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »

Do you have any plans to release a linux or Raspberry pi edition of the uploading program. It would be great as they are so cheap to run 24*7.

Thanks

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 01:19:34 PM »

Roseway is working on the uploading side of things with DSL Stats, and I'm sure he produces a Linux version,  although I don't think it runs on the Pi, it used to though.

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »

DSLstats is working with MyDSLWebStats now (you can see my stats on the site - user name: roseway). We just have to clear up a couple of protocol issues, then I'll be releasing it.

In principle I can also produce a RPi version, but it may not be immediate.
  Eric

spadge007

• Just arrived
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 01:44:16 PM »

DSLstats is working with MyDSLWebStats now (you can see my stats on the site - user name: roseway). We just have to clear up a couple of protocol issues, then I'll be releasing it.

Thats great, a RPi version would be very useful  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 03:52:18 PM »

Hadn't thought of using an RPi as the host but that would be a very cheap way of getting 24/7 uploads obviously. Hope they keep a reasonably accurate clock time though!
Tony
My Books!

spadge007

• Just arrived
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »

Hadn't thought of using an RPi as the host but that would be a very cheap way of getting 24/7 uploads obviously. Hope they keep a reasonably accurate clock time though!

I'd not thought of that, you can buy boards to add RTC functionality and I suspect you could enable NTP deamon and have it check the time regularly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:14:16 PM by spadge007 »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »

Any Linux based system should be able to use NTP. I'll check this on my RPi the next time I fire it up.
  Eric

TimeBandit

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »

Any Linux based system should be able to use NTP. I'll check this on my RPi the next time I fire it up.

Pretty much any box can use NTP - I've got it running on Linus, FreeBSD, Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Windows Server 2008 (x86) and Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit).
The FreeBSD box is in the NTP Pool at Stratum 2 (until I promote it to Stratum 1 by adding a GPS/PPS to it), and serving time to thousands outside my network, as well as my own machines.

I'm now set up on MyDSLWebStats (same username as here) now I have a Billion BiPAC 8800NL (recommended, by the way).

Many congratulations to all who contributed to getting it all working - it's a great resource.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »

I can confirm that a R-Pi, although lacking a RTC, will synchronise with appropriate time-servers via ntpd upon boot. (That statement assumes a typical Linux-kernel based OS is in use.)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

TimeBandit

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »

I can confirm that a R-Pi, although lacking a RTC, will synchronise with appropriate time-servers via ntpd upon boot. (That statement assumes a typical Linux-kernel based OS is in use.)

Indeed it can, and with a GPS/PPS module can make a very nice little Stratum 1 NTP server, with maximum offset and jitter keeping it within 5uS (yes, that's five millionths of a second) of true UTC.

Link to details of how to do this

You can do a little better with a machine with a true serial port instead of translating it through USB, but I'd say that getting into the 100nS range (at 5 times the cost and 10 times the energy use) is overkill for most purposes :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:59:59 PM by TimeBandit »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »

That's very interesting, but rather off topic. For any discussions of the above please start a new thread.

Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »

First let me congratulate Tony again these stats are fantastic.  :P

I think I may be now suffering from paranoia as I can see so much detail. I have noticed my SNR falls at night. This I know is normal, however I'm surprised by the size of the drops and times. last night just after 4PM and similar the previous nights large drops. At this time there is certainly no electrical activity in our home or I expect in any others between here and the cab.

I know other are able to see our stats, so appreciate any information for interest sake. ??? Fortunately even with SNR falling below 3db I'm staying in sync. Incidentally, I'm only 600m from the cab, but unfortunately part of that at the beginning is on AL cable not copper hence the poor speeds. I'm also on a busy cab.

I'm in IT so would like the benefit of more experienced knowledge in this area.

Thanks

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 129