Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 569351 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1815 on: October 18, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »

Well I checked the client a couple of days ago and it had been up for many days. I also verified the login credentials with the test button and all reported well.

I will check again tonight and report back.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is the Upload data to MyDSLWebStats check box set (under the green text) in DSLStats?

I have put a trace on and there is nothing under your username being uploaded and then rejected for instance. Have you checked the DSLStats Event log for possible errors?
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

av1874

• Just arrived
« Reply #1816 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:46 PM »

The percent box does not show on the small Original graphs which is what you are using at the moment despite being a Supporter. Change to one of the other larger sizes and it will re-appear...

Thanks all sorted

lockdown

« Reply #1817 on: October 19, 2017, 09:43:07 AM »

Is the Upload data to MyDSLWebStats check box set (under the green text) in DSLStats?

I have put a trace on and there is nothing under your username being uploaded and then rejected for instance. Have you checked the DSLStats Event log for possible errors?
My mistake. I'd stupidily moved the executable out of the working directory so it couldn't find upload16.rpi.

All working now.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

22over7

• Reg Member
Re: MyDSLWebStats - firefox display issues
« Reply #1818 on: October 22, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »

I mentioned this once before, but have some more info.  It has to do with the display of "new-style" pages like "Standard", as opposed to "old-style" original.
The problem is that the thing/panel/box that holds the traffic-lights etc sometimes overflows its boundaries (so grows vertically and overwrites
interesting buttons).  In my case I wildly guess this is because my username has 8 characters;
eg. kitz's graphs show fine, because the username is short enough.  It seems to me there are
so many things in this box (if that's the right word), it will be prone to overflow its allocated space.

Maybe if various words are discarded, eg the label "Status" in addition to the username,  the overflow may be
less likely?

I have no idea if this happens on Chrome as I've forgotten some security phrase I'd need to try it out.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1819 on: October 22, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »

I can't see any problem here on any of the five browsers I have available. It has been reported in the past and the problem seems to be that the browser is not set to use the default 100% font setting or less but has been increased/zoomed and this causes the overflow.

Attached is a status bar for a user with a 10 character username and all in caps which is about the widest you can have, Even then there is space to spare.

A screen grab from you would be helpful to see what is likely happening along with a username please.
Tony
My Books!

22over7

• Reg Member
« Reply #1820 on: October 22, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »

tbailey2:

A screen grab from you would be helpful to see what is likely happening along with a username please.

I (hope I've) added a screen shot as an attachment. It includes my username.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1821 on: October 22, 2017, 03:18:54 PM »

This is what I see here via Firefox 56.0 on default settings - and there is more than you have as the percent box is also displayed...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:22:55 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

22over7

• Reg Member
« Reply #1822 on: October 22, 2017, 04:10:31 PM »

I'm also using firefox 56.0 (on a Mac: 10.11.6).

I was finally able to get decent results after going to firefox settings, language and appearance, advanced,
and then disallowing pages to use their own fonts.

I've no recollection of ever touching that setting, or what the default is.

Thanks for taking the trouble to look.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1823 on: October 22, 2017, 05:24:03 PM »

The default appears to be Allow pages to choose their own fonts. I am set to that and if I uncheck it then it all looks pretty horrible and uses serifed fonts.

There is something strange about your screen grab. That status bar is defined at 950 pixels wide and whatever the display resolution is, it should always be that size in a screen grab. Your screen grab though is ~1024 px wide which is odd. I wonder if the very high PPI of more recent mac displays has any effect here but I wouldn't have thought so - I don't have one to check...
Tony
My Books!

22over7

• Reg Member
« Reply #1824 on: October 22, 2017, 07:31:12 PM »

I hardly understand what a screen grab is. My attachment was just something I rectangled off my screen with a mouse, a bit bigger than the troublesome panel/box/thing. Anyway, I've no winge with MDWS now on my computer : it looks fine, though I don't know why.

My elderly display might be slightly unusual: it is 1920 x 1200. That's a little deeper in aspect than usual.

Obviously, I've no real idea how webpages like MyDslWebstats's are assembled; but that doesn't stop me
speculating wildly.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #1825 on: October 22, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »

I've just been playing with zoom + once to increase everything including the table width, then zoom text only and zoom in some more and have managed to create a version of the basic edition screen that looks very, very similar to 22over7's screen shot. This is on Firefox 56 on Win 10.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1826 on: October 26, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »

Hi Tony,

Have noticed this morning that most active users, myself included, are sitting at an approx. a 95% upload figure which does not decrease despite uploads being current.
Initially thought that I had an issue, from previous experience when my RPi clock has been incorrect this was the effect produced, however, I have re-booted/re-started my RPi/DSLStats with no change.

Noted that there appeared to have been an outage on all users I have checked at approx. 02:00 hrs. to 03:00 hrs. this morning, just wondering if anything is going on @ "mission control" ?

Apologies if you are alread aware of this situation, thought I would advise as no current notifications that I can see. 
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1827 on: October 26, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »

Yes there was an outage and the uploads won't reach 100% again (assuming no other outages) until 03:06 tomorrow...

What happened I have no idea  ???

I thought at first that maybe OR were working on the cab as the TBB Ping to here failed for the whole hour but there was no resync at all when it came back up. Nothing recorded anywhere here in logs and no power dropouts (plus everything is on UPS). Odd thing is that another terminal here that runs 24 hours completely lost DNS and couldn't find any URLs or the local LAN this morning. Eventually after restarting this and that, I gave up and had to power it off and back on for it to work again. The MDWS server was still running all through it and everything reconnected quite happily when whatever it was went away.

I hope it's not connected (sic) with an extremely large hole the water board dug on Monday for a water feed to a new property that closed the road for two days and that got filled in again yesterday...
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1828 on: October 26, 2017, 04:01:44 PM »

OK Tony, many thanks for the update.
Yes, lets hope there's nothing sinister associated with the "large hole !

I appreciate that users won't achieve 100% upload until 24 hrs. has expired, it's just that my stat's (and virtually every active user I've looked at) are sitting @ 94/95%, from previous observations of outage (from whatever source) the percentage upload figure starts to progressively increment towards 100% as soon as data comm's is re-established, this does not appear to be happening in this case ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:17:17 PM by tiffy »
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1829 on: October 26, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »

Nope, it never increments for a single outage like that, it cant possibly do so... But if there are several outages then it will increment once the 24 hour anniversary of the first is reached.

Edit:
That is, if you can see an outage on a 24hr graph, it won't change the percentage upload figure until the leading edge of the outage disappears off the left of the graph...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:26:15 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 129