Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 565934 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1695 on: July 05, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »

Talking of the mobile web page my andriod samsung was fine but I keep getting this error now?

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1696 on: July 05, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »

Tony, Yes I eventually did get Adobe Flash installed and set up on Dolphin browser, just the same as per Chrome & Firefox which don't support Flash.
Have noticed that it is now very difficult to un-install app's. with Android V.6 (marshmallow), I have virtually filled my memory with these additional, trial app's., only get an option to "stop" or "update" these now, no un-install option, that's progress I suppose ?

Dray, Sorry, not sure how to accomplish a screen shot from my mobile and attach ?
What I am seeing on my phone after logging in is all my correct data, ie. stats, users etc. but in numeric format, no graphics or errors messages displayed, data is all there.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #1697 on: July 05, 2017, 02:23:51 PM »

@Tiify  OFF TOPIC

You'll only get the uninstall option for apps you've installed,  if it's not in your app manager you can do in from Play Store. Pre installed apps can't be uninstalled unless your rooted. I'm on Android  6 and the options there in my app manager.

Screen shot method varies by phone, so best Google it.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1698 on: July 05, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »

Talking of the mobile web page my andriod samsung was fine but I keep getting this error now?

Should (hopefully) be okay now...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1699 on: July 05, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »

Perhaps a screen shot of what you are seeing - "just numbers" - would help?
Possibly just the top part of the stats page....
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1700 on: July 05, 2017, 04:01:37 PM »

Thanks Tony. All good

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1701 on: July 05, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »

@ Ronski OFF TOPIC

Yes, I appreciate that only phone apps. which I installed can be removed, it's only these I am trying to un-install.
The new un-install method that updated with marshmallow, drag & drop from the main desktop screen certainly does not offer me the un-install option, neither does the old method from the apps. listing as is indicated by many of the Google'd help sites, most strange !

I will discover how to get a screen shot from my phone and post later when I get a bit of time.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1702 on: July 05, 2017, 05:48:33 PM »

OK, finally mastered screen shots on my phone, see attached.
This is what I get when entering URL www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/mm/index.html to my mobile browser.

However, I have now discovered, more by accident than anything else, that if I access and sign into the main site on my phone browser then activate the mobile app. link at the top of the screen I get a perfect, mobile app. display complete with graphics, happy days.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, I'am still on a steep learing curve, thanks to all contributors.
At least I now know how to get a screen snapshot from my phone !

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1703 on: July 05, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »

On a slightly different topic:

I wonder what method RPi users adopt to transfer their stored graphs / data files from Pi to their main media area, in my case a Win. 8.1 desktop PC., as my Pi is the old Mk. 1 B model memory is tight and I move the files on a regular basis.

I've found that FileZilla Client is very easy to use, yes, it is a manual process and there are probably much more elegant solutions for the more experienced Linux users but this works for me.
One could argue that there is no need to store anything as the historic data is all there on MDWS, especially with 24/7 uploading, however, on the very odd occasion when something happens to the server at least the data for the outage period is still recorded locally.   

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #1704 on: July 05, 2017, 09:43:45 PM »

I wonder what method RPi users adopt to transfer

I don't bother, been using DSLStats starting 20/10/2015 and only using 150MiB and still have 9.8GiB free on the SD Card.

Ian

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1705 on: July 07, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »

Looking at the stat's of users on the MDWS site, I note that quite a lot of members are shown as "G.Inp inactive" as opposed to my stat's which shows nothing as G.Inp has never been active on my line.

In all of these cases it looks to me like G.Inp would improve DS error rates if applied, ie., all parties that have G.Inp active are showing very low DS ES rates.
Of course DS interleaving would have a similar effect but at a cost of DS synch. speed and increased latency, G.Inp appears to impose less of these losses than interleaving by itself.

So why is G.Inp inactive on these lines when it once was active and appeared to be effective ?
Is this just due to the ongoing compatability issues with the ECI cabinets, have not checked if all the G.Inp inactive lines are on ECI cabinets. 

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #1706 on: July 08, 2017, 12:24:06 AM »

So why is G.Inp inactive on these lines when it once was active and appeared to be effective ?
Is this just due to the ongoing compatability issues with the ECI cabinets, have not checked if all the G.Inp inactive lines are on ECI cabinets.

It is, as you postulate, down to the ECI Hi-FOCuS M41 Mini-Shelf MSAN firmware problems.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #1707 on: July 08, 2017, 03:43:13 AM »

Those on Huawei cabinets who have had G.INP but no longer do have either had a DLM reset or have changed ISP.
DLM never removes G.INP.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1708 on: July 08, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »

Thanks to both for the very informative responses, I'm still on a steep learning curve and every day is a school day, the wealth of comparative data that is available on MDWS prompts so many questions on my part.

I am still waiting patiently for G.Inp to be applied to my line (Huawei cabinet & compatable router) with just over 4 weeks on fibre now, I did a manual re-synch yesterday (leaving the router off for 1 hr. to avoid upsetting DLM) to see if that will nudge any action sooner rather than later.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #1709 on: July 08, 2017, 12:29:32 PM »

DLM will never take action during a manual resync, unless it's to punish you for too many resyncs. It acts automatically in the early A.M based on the previous days ES.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 129

anything