Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 565929 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 11:30:09 AM »

A few updates.

USER REGISTRATIONS

Almost everyone that has Registered has been seen online here okay but there are several of you that haven't fully completed the process. If you feel you are missing the information needed to do so then please post here.

TBB PING/LATENCY GRAPH

A few of you had trouble when putting the link to the image into the OPTIONS menu at the bottom of the page. Please make sure you use either of the IMAGE links and NOT the SHARE link. And also make sure you haven't also put double quotes around the link.

NEW FACILITY

There is a new facility in the list now and that is All User Stats. This shows every user who has uploaded anything and their current status in one table - this is the one that appears at the top of each pane but simplified onto one line per user. It automatically updates every 30 secs. See HERE for an example screen grab image. You can find it in the Graph to Show list.

It is ordered so that anyone offline (no uploads in last 5 mins) appears at the top.

Note that it currently will NOT show you unless you have uploaded since about 10:15 this morning due to the way it collects the data.

Users have also asked what the yellow background in the SYNC ACTUAL data means. It's because your ATTAINABLE sync rate is LESS than the current actual sync rate. The chances are that if you resync for any reason, you'll then lose some download speed. (see the attached image for examples). An ORANGE background in the ONLINE section means there's been a recent resync.

GET YOUR STATS CHECKED!

One of the big advantages of the system is that you don't need to capture and upload images or paste data to get comments on your stats. Just post here (with your MyDSLWebStats User Name if necessary) and ask and one of the experts will hopefully reply after looking at them (as has happened the other way round already)!

Please also note (in light of certain comments made elsewhere) that most of us also have other jobs and are doing this out of the goodness of our hearts to help others for free so might not be around for a while to answer.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:01:12 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 11:40:31 AM »

Thanks  ;) Comments such as this are very much appreciated by us after several months solid work!

Can you be a bit more specific please as to where you think it's 'laggy' and what you do that causes this? Some of the stats take time to plot as there, for instance,  with the Tone related data over 4000 possible points to retrieve and then plot and then return. SNRM and so on are or should be pretty instant.

One of the problems is that we had hoped to refresh the graph plots using Ajax Javascript code which would seamlessly update them without you seeing it - they would 'just change'. While this works quite happily elsewhere (the summary stats at the top of the page and the new 'All User Stats' table, Google Charts will just not play ball despite enlisting help from recognised experts who came up with all sorts of devious solutions that work with anything else - except our graphs! It worked with Google Image Charts  but they have been withdrawn. There are other charting facilities out there but non as versatile as Google's.

Many thanks for this great facility.

I have registered and my data has started uploading.

It does seen to be a bit 'laggy' at first, although that may be my PC as I am getting lags sometimes on other pages.
(I need to investigate what this could be ???. My PC is i7 930 with 12G Ram so not exactly slow.)

Please keep up the good work, much appreciated.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tony
My Books!

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 12:58:40 PM »

Looks very impressive. I'll have to take a look some time :)

Jaggies

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

Hard work much appreciated - thanks!

shamus

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »

I tried and abandoned a registration under shamus and managed to complete registration as  shamus7
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:40:48 PM by shamus »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »

I tried and abandoned a registration under shamus and managed to complete registration as  shamus7
I can't see any clue as to why that may have failed. What was the problem?
Tony
My Books!

shamus

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 08:03:38 PM »

unable to view graphs--message from web page---

this operation not supported by this version of grChartimg library

I use IE9 is this the problem
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:11:55 PM by shamus »

shamus

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

probably me messing up the security system
you can just delete   "shamus"   account if you want

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 08:15:57 PM »

unable to view graphs--message---

this operation not supported by this version of grChartimg library
I use IE10 is this the problem
That message is from the utility that saves the graphs as images via a popup window. I've never seen that message but then I don't use IE unless I am feeling really like I need to annoy myself. The pages though are generally ok with IE10 and up and there are some tweaks made when using it. Why the username affects it I have no idea at the moment. (I believe MS are going to try and force everyone to use the latest version of IE in the future.....)
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 08:18:11 PM »

probably me messing up the security system
you can just delete   "shamus"   account if you want
Okay, have done.
Tony
My Books!

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 12:12:22 AM »

Can you be a bit more specific please as to where you think it's 'laggy' and what you do that causes this? Some of the stats take time to plot as there, for instance,  with the Tone related data over 4000 possible points to retrieve and then plot and then return. SNRM and so on are or should be pretty instant.

It does seen to be a bit 'laggy' at first, although that may be my PC as I am getting lags sometimes on other pages.
(I need to investigate what this could be ???. My PC is i7 930 with 12G Ram so not exactly slow.)

Sorry Slow reply:
The laggy performance is NOT at your end.

I am experiencing some stop-start lags when browsing in Firefox & Chrome.

I think the Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware etc proggies are fighting each other  ??? and causing bursts of extreme computation which kills everything else !!!
I run multiple programs to provide coverage in depth and hopefully what one misses the other catches.

I think I need to rationalise all the extra software running in the background.
[Anti-virus/Anti-Malware/Firewall/+Dslstats+/+HG612_Modem_Stats+/+++ .....]
I will add it to my list of things to do !!!  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »

Okay thanks.  I had similar problems on a fast Intel machine I use. In the end I settled on MalwareBytes and MS Security Essentials (Win 7). I was using WebRoot but depending on what it had for breakfast, it has a habit of blocking everything it doesn't like and difficult to find out why and how to unblock. It doesn't like HG612 Modem Stats though. Fine on other machines on Win7/8.1. I don't use the machine (it runs 24/7) for mail or general web browsing so I think the MS one is enough.

I'll give MS credit as it found a trojan that had been on both of my NAS backups  - since 2009!! Nothing else had found it. I did check it out before obliteration and some really nasty JavaScript posing as a png file...

Sorry Slow reply:
The laggy performance is NOT at your end.

I am experiencing some stop-start lags when browsing in Firefox & Chrome.

I think the Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware etc proggies are fighting each other  ??? and causing bursts of extreme computation which kills everything else !!!
I run multiple programs to provide coverage in depth and hopefully what one misses the other catches.

Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »

remember with malwarebytes to turn on the rootkit detection, by default its off.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »

remember with malwarebytes to turn on the rootkit detection, by default its off.
Oh, didn't know that, will do. Thanks....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:22:37 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

Jasonkruys

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 07:53:39 PM »

I have not completed the process as I still have not received the email.....
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk (with free typos)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 129

anything