Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 570981 times)

ktz392837

• Reg Member
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1275 on: April 18, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »

Request, would it be useful to have the attainable rate highlighted if it is faster than the actual sync rate by a suitable margin and less than 80000?

The kind of reverse of the highlight on the actual sync is greater than attainable?

My line seems to have a big difference even though it syncs at 6db whatever I do it doesnt sync at the attainable value after forcing a resync.

Is this caused by Ginp or banding?

Thanks

cefacat1

• Just arrived
« Reply #1276 on: April 23, 2016, 07:41:47 AM »

Hi Guys,

I'm a relatively new member from Australia and was wondering why the MDWS website does not appear to be accessible from here?

I've tried various browsers, PCs and even ISPs over the past couple of weeks and the url simply times out after sitting at a blank page for a while.

I finally managed to get the site up by using a VPN connecting to a UK server, then the site came up fine. I've now registered and would be happy to donate, however I'm not sure if you accept members from Australia?

Fantastic site and resource by the way guys!

Cheers,
Mike

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1277 on: April 23, 2016, 07:56:20 AM »

Hi Guys,
I'm a relatively new member from Australia and was wondering why the MDWS website does not appear to be accessible from here?
Hi

Can you PM me your IP address please?

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Edit: I've PMd you again. Doesn't appear to be an IP block and Australia is not banned in any way. I'll use my own VPN to see if I can find the reason.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:45:54 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #1278 on: April 23, 2016, 09:09:21 AM »

Tony is it possible to see historical line configuration data on MDWS? Ronski posted in William's thread saying several parameters changed on his line but I cannot see how came to that comment because all the parameters visible with historical data show no change, the parameters under the XTRA hover have no historical data.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1279 on: April 23, 2016, 09:51:36 AM »

Tony is it possible to see historical line configuration data on MDWS?
Only for the graphed items, the stuff at the top is transient. If you have a specific date/time I could extract the XTRA data from the DB though (as a one off as long as he was uploading at the time). I see Williams line is about to go up in flames if it hasn't already
Tony
My Books!

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #1280 on: April 23, 2016, 09:20:57 PM »

Tony is it possible to see historical line configuration data on MDWS? Ronski posted in William's thread saying several parameters changed on his line but I cannot see how came to that comment because all the parameters visible with historical data show no change, the parameters under the XTRA hover have no historical data.

Actually I posted saying there had been several resync's and that the speed had changed, that was all.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #1281 on: April 24, 2016, 02:16:39 AM »

Is it possible to run 2 instances of DSL Stats on a RPI and collect data from 2 different modems say 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.5

Only problem I can see would be the temp files maybe?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1282 on: April 24, 2016, 07:29:18 AM »

No, I'm sorry, that's not possible at present. It's not temp files (DSLstats doesn't use them), it's the main configuration files which would get mixed up. Untangling that would be a substantial undertaking.
  Eric

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #1283 on: April 24, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »

Sounds like the simple answer is another RPi, although I run 2 copies on Windows as I've mentioned before but it does cause a problem with IP addresses.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #1284 on: April 24, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »

Sounds like the simple answer is another RPi, although I run 2 copies on Windows as I've mentioned before but it does cause a problem with IP addresses.

I have an always online Windows 10 server, so I guess when I get round to it I will run the 2nd on off it.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:35:09 PM by S.Stephenson »

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #1285 on: April 24, 2016, 07:23:28 PM »

Just to let you know, a lot of uploads are being missed at the moment, most likely MDWS side.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1286 on: April 24, 2016, 08:14:40 PM »

Are you sure? - I see yours is missing stats but mine isnt at the mo..

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1287 on: April 24, 2016, 08:56:16 PM »

It could be due to how unstable my line is but unlikely.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1288 on: April 25, 2016, 09:15:02 AM »

Just to let you know, a lot of uploads are being missed at the moment, most likely MDWS side.
I cannot see any sign of problems over past 24 hours here in the logs or with anyone else except for those few that suffer the same problem for whatever reason. The uploads you are (still) missing just aren't making it to the server.

I suggest you stop DSLstats (unload it, don't just stop sampling), then restart and see if it is okay. It can also happen with DSLstats after a machine has slept/hibernated as I found out here once. Past that I have no idea.

There is a reference upload you can look at (Centurian) that runs from here 24/7 - it has no connection to MDWS and is with a different ISP on ADSL2+ so it's just like any other uploader. If there are server or network problems that account will show it (the U/S SNRM is terrible on it but it works and I just don't worry about it). The only time is will miss is when I update the machine software or otherwise stop it running. It's on 5.8 also.

I only use it as a backup and to software bond with the FTTC line to get another 9+mbps or so d/l and 1mbps u/l, it'll be upgraded to another FTTC line soon.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:06:55 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1289 on: April 25, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »

Tony,

I've already restarted my PC several times after I reported the problem and the problem still lies...
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 129

anything