Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 565920 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1155 on: February 02, 2016, 04:37:31 PM »

Ok, thanks Tony.
So, do the resyncs logged only count when the program is running and are these stored infinitely?
No, they are held for up to a year. They'll be recorded even if the program is not running but only when the downtime is an hour
or less (from memory). If the downtime is longer some or all that occurred during that time may be lost.

I see you are running again now...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #1156 on: February 02, 2016, 04:45:22 PM »

Ok, thanks Tony.
So, do the resyncs logged only count when the program is running and are these stored infinitely?
No, they are held for up to a year. They'll be recorded even if the program is not running but only when the downtime is an hour
or less (from memory). If the downtime is longer some or all that occurred during that time may be lost.

That's interesting, because I must've turned the router off and on several times today and it's only recorded two.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1157 on: February 02, 2016, 04:54:47 PM »

Ok, thanks Tony.

That's interesting, because I must've turned the router off and on several times today and it's only recorded two.
They were the only ones in the timeframes you have been uploading, but may have missed something in the downtime gap (about 4 hours in all) although it doesn't look like it from the stats.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1158 on: February 06, 2016, 11:17:39 AM »

All User Stats changes

This applies to the full page version, not the one embedded in the graph container, the latter will be retired soon. 

It is now possible to sort by more columns with Upload Prog, ISP and DSLAM added as well as Power which was added a few days ago.

Additionally, if an Upload Prog entry has an asterisk after it then if you hover over it you'll (hopefully in most browsers) see the Modem type being used if the owner has configured it.

It's also possible to separate out ADSL users when ordering by DSLAM as they don't have DSLAM entries. However, there are a few VDSL2 users who haven't uploaded any Bits/Tone data so they also have no DSLAM shown.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:38:58 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #1159 on: February 06, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »

Thanks tony
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1160 on: February 13, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »

TONE RELATED GRAPHS

I only noticed a few days ago that three of the tone related graphs (Hlog, QLN and SNR/Tone) were not functioning as they should be.... They are supposed to give you details of the exact frequency for any point if you hover over them but that was only happening on the rightmost plot. It's now fixed on all of them and should help determining the exact frequency of any problem such as interference...

These graphs can also be drag-zoomed - despite what it currently says on the graph! - if you want to get in closer:

Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1161 on: February 13, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »

G.INP
A note that the G.INP detection and notification system has been malfunctioning for the past 10 days  :-X  I didn't notice as I don't have G.INP (ECI cab)  :'(

It's now working again but is having to catch up over the next few hours so those affected may see additional or duplicated e-mails concerning G.INP. It's also possible that for a few people, any stored data for G.INP over the past 10 days may have been deleted and is starting over again (this causes a series of duplicated mails).
Tony
My Books!

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #1162 on: February 15, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »

Hi tony

I hope you don't mind, but there's 2 things as follows

Firstly - your website is dropping out of secure once logged in. I don't know if this intentional but I would think not

Secondly - I like your new layout, just took me a while to work out where to change graphs, but this is my age I think, getting too old

Many thanks

John

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1163 on: February 15, 2016, 01:14:58 PM »

Hi tony

I hope you don't mind, but there's 2 things as follows

Firstly - your website is dropping out of secure once logged in. I don't know if this intentional but I would think not

Secondly - I like your new layout, just took me a while to work out where to change graphs, but this is my age I think, getting too old

Many thanks

John

The drop back to http: is currently intentional  - the link, if you have one, to the latency graph is not secure and partly invalidates the page security.... TBB don't have a secure version. I have a solution to keep the certificate validity, just need to transfer it from the development system to live once I fix a small problem...

Thanks for the observations, I'm probably even older  :oldman:
Tony
My Books!

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1164 on: February 15, 2016, 05:18:01 PM »

I've just been looking at the stats for MDWS ID: Gary M. It shows that he has a Downstream SNR Margin of 3.6 dB. As far as I know, the target SNR Margin for FTTC is 6 dB, so how is he reporting a Downstream SNR Margin of 3.6 dB?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #1165 on: February 15, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »

The target margin is only a target at sync time. It may have synced at 6 but noise has increased since then.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1166 on: February 15, 2016, 05:26:47 PM »

The target margin is only a target at sync time. It may have synced at 6 but noise has increased since then.

Wow, it must be a good modem then to hold at such a low SNR Margin for so long.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #1167 on: February 15, 2016, 07:53:50 PM »

Hi tony

Many thanks, much appreciated

Many thanks

John

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #1168 on: February 15, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »

Not necessarily,  theres a lot of lines which will hold 3db, it all depends on the amount of fluctuation.   He's only fluctuating 0.5 dB between 3.6 and 3.1 if it spikes.   Over a year ago aardvark used to keep his line up for months, he'd get a new crosstalker, his SNRm would go down a bit, then another crosstalker etc.   iirc this went on for many months until he got to about 2dB.  Then DLM forced a resync.

The technology behind adsl and vdsl is the same.  Im sure Ive show you one of my old mrtg graphs showing holding 3dB for many months without a resync... it would do the same at 2dB.   In fact just for laughs I took it down to 1.5db and here you can see it held for 5 weeks before I took it back up to 3.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #1169 on: February 16, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »

Not necessarily,  theres a lot of lines which will hold 3db, it all depends on the amount of fluctuation.   He's only fluctuating 0.5 dB between 3.6 and 3.1 if it spikes.   Over a year ago aardvark used to keep his line up for months, he'd get a new crosstalker, his SNRm would go down a bit, then another crosstalker etc.   iirc this went on for many months until he got to about 2dB.  Then DLM forced a resync.

The technology behind adsl and vdsl is the same.  Im sure Ive show you one of my old mrtg graphs showing holding 3dB for many months without a resync... it would do the same at 2dB.   In fact just for laughs I took it down to 1.5db and here you can see it held for 5 weeks before I took it back up to 3.

That's interesting. I haven't seen that graph before. On my line, the Upstream SNR Margin can drop below 5 dB for quite a long time and the line doesn't resync.

I was going to say, for some reason I have a lot of missed uploads to MDWS even though it was been running constantly all night. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 129