Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Incorrect DLM retrain value  (Read 10930 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Incorrect DLM retrain value
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »

Are you able to post your full stats n graphs Newtron? More for my curiosity than me having anything helpful to say, unfortunately :P

I do have stats boost but there not full 24/7 stats so it would be pointless posting my full monty because of the way HG612_Modem_Stats works there would be missing gaps in the graphs when the PC is off, thats ok for me as I can fill in the gaps in my head ??? it would be confusing for other member to understand the full story of my line.

Though the gradual issue only happen with in a 6 - 7 hour period (19:00 to 01:00) summer time and (16:00 to 21:00) winter time the rest of the 18 hours are very quiet with the SNRM gradually returning back to 6dB with little or no errors until the next day at the times as seen above in bold text

And yes at those times my tones at 6015 Khz and more so 7206 to 7568 Khz start to fragment and disappear with no bits used.

Think I have given you a mental picture of how my line stats look even without a 24/7 Graphing program  ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:32:33 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »

your D1 looks unusual, trying to figure out where your adsl power cutback is, it weakens up to about tone 500 then jumps up again suggesting a possible power cutback at upper limit of adsl2+ range, but I am guessing you quite far from the exchange so that would be unusual, maybe you can clarify your distance from exchange?

and the varying snr at night will most likely be on your upper D2 tones which have a weak signal.

I just had a look at my graph and was about to say even my D3 are not that weak, but it looks weird in itself, however I wont take your thread off topic, but just say have a look at my thread to see more weirdness on my line ;)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 08:39:03 PM »

your D1 looks unusual, trying to figure out where your adsl power cutback is, it weakens up to about tone 500 then jumps up again suggesting a possible power cutback at upper limit of adsl2+ range, but I am guessing you quite far from the exchange so that would be unusual, maybe you can clarify your distance from exchange?

The D1 band as you have noticed starts at tone 33 and the bits start to slope down to tone 486 this i think is the ADSL power cutback zone we don't have ADSL2+ at my exchange and yes it jumps up again at tone 500.

Chry I have never had the distance from PCP cabinet to my premises determined by a BT engineer it's all been a guestimate by myself, 1st thought it was about 750 meters, 2nd i revised it by resetting my car trackometer at PCP cab and drove to my premises 0.61 miles (981) meters and 3rd plotted the path using Google Earth using all my knowledge how the BT line is routed and added in my drop wire it comes to 0.62 miles (1000) meters   :-\

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »

I am asking about exchange distance (not pcp) as that determines what type of adsl power cutback you get.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:33:54 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »

your D1 looks unusual, trying to figure out where your adsl power cutback is, it weakens up to about tone 500 then jumps up again suggesting a possible power cutback at upper limit of adsl2+ range, but I am guessing you quite far from the exchange so that would be unusual,

Does look rather strange, the longer lines are meant to have less PCB.  Most PSD masks Ive seen are normally done by 255-300.  adsl1 only uses up to tones 255 so it doesnt make sense.

I do however note signs of a PSD mask which ends at circa tone 75, which could be in keeping with PCB for a line which is a long distance from the exchange. - Note the inverted U peaking at about tone 75.   

we don't have ADSL2+ at my exchange and yes it jumps up again at tone 500.

None at all?  Not even LLU?   If you have FTTC then I'd expect the backhaul to be 21CN.

Im in agreement with Chrys that your line gets better after the adsl2+ tones.   Often if the line gets better after tone 500, then its more indicative of crosstalk from adsl2+ lines.   It just wouldnt make sense to me to PCB a long line up to tone 500.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »

yep thats what I cant get my head around, I would expect to see that pattern on a pcp near the exchange. I wonder if its possible the FTTC DSLAMS have been misconfigured with wrong profile applied.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 10:41:33 PM »

I suppose it is possible...  but surely because it would be affecting all lines from that PCP, then you'd at least like to think that BT would notice a load of lines which were under-performing. :-\

Im just guessing, but if NS hadnt said there was no adsl2+ at that exchange, then it would look like x-talk from adsl2+ lines.   Even on my short line I see an obvious dip in the adsl2+ region which I know is attributable to adsl2+ crosstalk.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:12 AM »

None at all?  Not even LLU?   If you have FTTC then I'd expect the backhaul to be 21CN.

Im in agreement with Chrys that your line gets better after the adsl2+ tones.   Often if the line gets better after tone 500, then its more indicative of crosstalk from adsl2+ lines.   It just wouldnt make sense to me to PCB a long line up to tone 500.

We are on a BTw exchange only 21CN no LLU no ADSL2+ just plane old ADSL upto what was it 7128 Kbps even if you had the full sync of 8000 Kbps or FTTC 40/10 have been to quite a few house's that are closer to the exchange and have yet to find anyone that has or is able to get the 80/20 service.

My Exchange -> this is a rural village with no more than 1025 customers

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 12:38:18 AM »

How strange.  If they put in a 21cn backhaul, they'd surely have to install new MSANs. So why aren't they adsl2+.  I thought that all 21cn exchanges were adsl2+.  Even those early welsh 21cn exchanges with only a few hundred lines are adsl2+.

Also why enable fttc cabs with no 80/20 which is part of the product set.?  This is the first time I've heard of them doing this.  ???

Hmmmm..  Unless the exchange isn't 21cn and the fttc cabs are fed from another exchange?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:42:45 AM by kitz »
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 06:26:49 PM »

My exchange is strange to say the least and found that out about 5 years when I started to take and interest into the workings of broadband, it all started when I was with TalkTalk and gaining some knowledge on their forums that's when the penny dropped my exchange had no LLU or ADSL2+ my connection with TT was as an IPStreamer, no wonder my TT Bills were much higher than other TT members  >:(

Quote from: kitz
Also why enable fttc cabs with no 80/20 which is part of the product set.?  This is the first time I've heard of them doing this.  ???
Hmmmm..  Unless the exchange isn't 21cn and the fttc cabs are fed from another exchange?

when I say they don't get 80/20 they do but the DS sync is still around 40000 kbps the only advantage with the 80/20 service in the area is the higher US sync .

100% sure we are serviced by our local exchange as I was able to see the work going on during my daily trips down that road to the exchange.
Have just checked on SamKnows the exchange says 21CN WBC not available  :o
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:50:43 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 07:12:27 PM »

I am asking about exchange distance (not pcp) as that determines what type of adsl power cutback you get.

Sorry Chry had over looked your post

The distance from my premises to the exchange is 1.14 miles (1834 meters) hope that helps.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »

ok so your PCP may be halfway on the distance, which means those near the PCP may have decent attenuation if the line routing isnt bad.  Probably makes more sense now.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »

If your exchange isn't 21cn.  Then that means your fttc will be one of those fed by an exchange other than your own.    There are a few in the uk where it was considered more viable to run the fibre link from another exchange, rather than your own...  So you will be feeding from a larger exchange.  Iirc there were a few Cornwall Devon locations (about a dozen) exchanges where this happened.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »

If your exchange isn't 21cn.  Then that means your fttc will be one of those fed by an exchange other than your own.    There are a few in the uk where it was considered more viable to run the fibre link from another exchange, rather than your own...  So you will be feeding from a larger exchange.  Iirc there were a few Cornwall Devon locations (about a dozen) exchanges where this happened.

All I can say is thanks Kitz you may have found something that's has been troublesome for me since we got FTTC.

Ok so the larger exchange that is feeding me is about 4-5 miles away from my premises in the town of Bangor N.I and they have LLU and ADSL2+

This comes as a bombshell.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:21:39 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 12:23:27 AM »

So back to SNRM what I have done is by using (B*CATS 30 minutes power off of modem) that will give you a retrain 0.

I do this when the the attainable rate of both the DS and US is at it's lowest point and power up  the HG612 this will give me a lower Bearer on both Down Stream Rate and Up stream rate ok i'll lose 1500 kbps on DS and 600 kbps on US but the SNRM will much higher to balance out evening RFI and keep the SNRM close to 6dB during evening radio propagation.

But even with a higher SNRM on my line the CRC's and ES's still get through and show up in the stats  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3