Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Wholesale DSLAM Upgrades 29th Jan - 20th Mar  (Read 3332 times)

jabns

• Reg Member
BT Wholesale DSLAM Upgrades 29th Jan - 20th Mar
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:39:39 AM »

http://www.upstreamstatus.net/

The info is currently half way down the page but this may change.

I am asking when it will affect me.

I wonder what they are doing  ::)

James

jabns

• Reg Member
Re: BT Wholesale DSLAM Upgrades 29th Jan - 20th Mar
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »

Just thought i would post the info here to save you having to visit it(Did not have alot of time last time i posted):

BT Wholesale DSLAM Upgrades 29th Jan - 20th March

BT Wholesale have advised us of major DSLAM upgrades taking place over the next few weeks, beginning 29th January until 20th March 2008 inclusive. There is work taking place every day 00:01 - 06:00 except for Saturdays and Sundays, with downtime of up to 30 mins on most days, and 60 mins on some days. On each day a certain number of exchanges will be upgraded, which means most people will only experience downtime on one of the dates when their local DSLAM is scheduled for an upgrade. If you would like is to look up for you on which date your local DSLAM is going to be affected please raise a helpdesk ticket.

James

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT Wholesale DSLAM Upgrades 29th Jan - 20th Mar
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 06:05:28 PM »

I did make some further enquiries about this, but it seems that BTw are giving little information away about it.

Each week they are releasing a list of PEWs to the ISPs, but atm its nigh on impossible finding out any info exactly what work they are doing - although its thought it may be a first step towards 21C... but that is speculation.

All the lists say are the exchanges and which dslam the work is to be carried out on.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker