Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 5.0.2  (Read 10429 times)

scotsmist

Re: DSLstats pre-release version 5.0.2
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »

I extracted 5.0.2 to a new directory, deleted /.dslstats but when I executed dslstats the error appeared immediately. I clicked ok hoping it was a glitch but 24 hours later I get the error again "List index (0) out of bounds". Thinking out loud it appears to coincide with when average error rates over a 24 hour period, resets. I am going to click the Reset button on that one page now and see if when the error reappears tomorrow it coincides with the new time.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 03:44:38 PM »

Sorry about this issue. I'll give it some more attention.
  Eric

scotsmist

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »

Perhaps the following may help.

Just now when I clicked on the Check Now button under Program updates in the Misc tab of Configuration I get the "List index (0) out of bounds" error, immediately. A few moments ago I disabled Automatically check for updates to see if that is the issue, but I won't know until around 1 PM tomorrow.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 04:46:11 PM »

It will be interesting, certainly. This one is a bit of a devil, because I can't reproduce it.
  Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »

Hi Roseway(Eric),

I am have been trying your DSLstats which works wonderfully but I cannot get the e-mail alerts to work.

When I push the test button something goes 'busy' the DSLstats GUI stops responding to any input/mouse click and I have to forcefully kill DSLstats via Task Manager.

The e-mail details are as per my mail prog 'Thunderbird' and I am using tls/ssl port 465 to yahoo's smtp server (See attached screen cap).

Is there something I need to enable or check permissions of to get this to work ?

Is there a log I can check to see what is hanging?

TIA

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 10:56:25 PM »

For the Windows version of DSLstats there are two DLLs which are included in the downloaded archive - libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. Make sure that these are there in the same folder as dslstats.exe. If they are there, you might try temporarily moving them to a different location (or renaming them). This will cause DSLstats to use the installed versions of these DLLs if they exist. If none of this works I'll have to think again.

The reason I think that the problem lies with one of these DLLs is that they are required for TLS emails to work, and this seems to be the most likely reason for the function hanging.
  Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 03:00:24 AM »

For the Windows version of DSLstats there are two DLLs which are included in the downloaded archive - libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. Make sure that these are there in the same folder as dslstats.exe. If they are there, you might try temporarily moving them to a different location (or renaming them). This will cause DSLstats to use the installed versions of these DLLs if they exist. If none of this works I'll have to think again.

The reason I think that the problem lies with one of these DLLs is that they are required for TLS emails to work, and this seems to be the most likely reason for the function hanging.

Thanks for the quick reply  it sparked the idea which solved the problem  ;D ;D
I tried deleting the old 'libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll' I had in C:\Windows (would be picked up in the PATH for the user) and it did not work.

Solved, Yahoo have two alternative port numbers you can use to access mail (port 587 or 465) if your ISP does not allow port 25.
I use/used port 465 as my old ISP used to filter out port 25 & 587.
Port 465 is now being used by 'Thunderbird' my e-mail program as I have forgotten to change it, everything works OK.
If I use port 465 in DSLstats it does not work and hangs the GUI as reported.
If I change it to port 587 DSLstats works and the test email is sent.

Their appears to be some problem using port 465 when SSL/TLS is selected in DSLstats.

Hope the clue helps you to track the problem.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 07:42:50 AM »

Thanks for that information. I see that I use port 587 as well for my emails using 1&1. So there does seem to be a problem there, although I've currently got no idea where the problem is.
  Eric

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 01:49:51 PM »

Will check this out and give some feedback!

scotsmist

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »

Perhaps the following may help.

Just now when I clicked on the Check Now button under Program updates in the Misc tab of Configuration I get the "List index (0) out of bounds" error, immediately. A few moments ago I disabled Automatically check for updates to see if that is the issue, but I won't know until around 1 PM tomorrow.

Deep joy, no error today.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 10:06:03 AM »

Given my inclination to use standby a lot I have not been raising my odd problems with reported error averages.  The router modem uptime values are the most predictable but when a resync occurs with no power on/off my values become averages over modem up times with values taken from since link time.  i.e. they can be very small rates if the router has been on a long while.  The 24 hour per hour rates sometimes work OK but often stick at zero.

Might it be possible to have an option which just uses the modem reported values?  i.e. 24 hours averages to be based on " Latest 1 day time" in "info --stats" and up times averages to be since link time and based on "Since Link time".  The latest day could ideally be a proportional average of the latest day and previous day whenever the since link is more than 24 hours.

Sorry to bother again on this!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »

Deep joy, no error today.

Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this, but I must have forgotten to press "Post". Thanks again for the information, and assuming that your connection continues in the same way I can say that this problem is fixed in the next release.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »

Might it be possible to have an option which just uses the modem reported values?  i.e. 24 hours averages to be based on " Latest 1 day time" in "info --stats" and up times averages to be since link time and based on "Since Link time".  The latest day could ideally be a proportional average of the latest day and previous day whenever the since link is more than 24 hours.

It's certainly possible, but I can't give you a timescale I'm afraid. Real life duties are intruding at present.
  Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »

A question regarding how DSLstats & HGstats are supposed to work together without tripping up each other.

(How should they be setup to work together and not conflict ?)

I tried the 'HGstats-modem-Stats-co-operation' option which stopped any stats being collected at all by HGstats !!!

Also I have found recently that some sort of conflict can happen and DSLstats have been missed due to:

14 Sep 2014 16:58:37   Error processing signal attenuation
14 Sep 2014 16:59:37   Error processing signal attenuation
14 Sep 2014 17:00:36   Modem seems to be HG622 type
14 Sep 2014 17:00:38   Error running the HG622 workaround
14 Sep 2014 17:00:38   Recording paused
14 Sep 2014 17:00:38   Unknown Event
14 Sep 2014 17:10:38   Recording resumed
14 Sep 2014 17:10:44   Error processing signal attenuation

I have now set the 'Not HG622' option in DSLstats.
I have 'restart after pause' set to 10 mins hence the resume at 17:10:38

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 06:47:30 PM »

Is your HG612_Modem_Stats software fully up to date ?
and there is an update for dslstats it's v5.0.2

Graph6 = 4.0.0.0
Graphpd = 4.0.0.0
HG612 Stats Logging GUI = 4.0.5356.15443
HG612_current_stats = 4.0.0.0
HG612_stats = 4.0.0.2
Modems = 4.0.1.0
SET_HG612_Date_and_Time = 3.0.0.0

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:52:49 PM by NewtronStar »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything