Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: C/A Forums closing down  (Read 14484 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: C/A Forums closing down
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »

I only discovered yesterday that CA had closed its forum down, which goes to show how long it was since I last visited!  Indeed I was a regular helper on there several years ago, and quite a few of us old regulars migrated over to here at some point.

A shame to see it has gone, it was very useful and well used, but did have its short comings (e.g. the almost non-existent moderation as previously mentioned).

RIP CA Forums.

Been gone quite a bit Mike,many old users have now gone over to the Webuser forums. :)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 01:54:18 PM »

I think it was only earlier this year that I also discovered it had gone when checking some links in a folder I had, but as said earlier, some of the members still seem to be very active on another forum which I did visit maybe once or twice.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 05:35:20 PM »

It's a shame the forum archive isn't available. There were a lot of good solutions there to many common problems, not to mention the hard work we all put into it.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 05:48:41 PM »

lol, they always struggled to maintain the server, I bet they were glad to have an excuse to get rid of it  :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 05:56:15 PM »

What made me laugh was the reason they gave for closing it down.

Now bare in mind this was from a organisation giving out computer help and information.

''They closed the forum because they no longer had anyone who fully understood how to fix the constant problems.'' :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 06:14:23 PM »

''They closed the forum because they no longer had anyone who fully understood how to fix the constant problems.'' :lol:

That is hilarious  :lol:
But I think we half guessed that anyhow, I can recall on a few occasions pointing out what could be wrong.    That woman who was supposed to be in charge of them at one point was absolutely clueless.   Who else can remember the time she locked herself out and couldn't get access for the whole w/e to sort something :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »

lol, they always struggled to maintain the server, I bet they were glad to have an excuse to get rid of it  :lol:

Maybe they ran out of money because no-one buys their magazine any more.  :lol:

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »

You will see other PC magazines go the same way I expect before the year is out, can't be that many left now, most are owned by Dennis Publishing, so I expect they will merge what they left have into one title.

Even Custom PC is availble as a print or digital subscription now, most likely other pc magazine are the same.

PCW(Personel Computer World) was always a favourite of mine, still have issue 1 packed away.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:27:26 AM by KIAB »

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »

You will see other PC magazines go the same way I expect before the year is out, can't be that many left now, most are owned by Dennis Publishing, so I expect they will merge what they left have into one title.

I have some friends who own a newsagents, and in their opinion both magazines and newspapers are in terminal decline now that so much of the content is accessible for free online.
Pages: 1 [2]