Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Imagey stuff... how to?  (Read 4763 times)

boost

• Reg Member
Imagey stuff... how to?
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »

Howdy

Does anyone know of a tool that I can use with near zero effort* to overlay an image on top of another image but make one of the images considerably 'fainter'?

I want to overlay HLOG plots from DSLstats somehow and I've no idea where to start :)

*I have no interest in becoming an image manipulation guru nor do I want to spend any time learning new software if I can help it :P

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Imagey stuff... how to?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »

yo can do this in photoshop or gimp.  I tend to use PSP for something like this, just because I find the prog quick to load.  I've never used gimp, but it's free.  PSP used to have full free versions available, but that may have changed since Corel took Jasc over and they may now be time limited.
You may still be able to find full free PSP7 which at one time was even more powerful than Photoshop for its features.

The main problem could be the background graph  ie the graph scale and axis etc.  if both graphs have the same background then it should be relatively easy.  So 2 similar hlog files shouldn't take long.

In psp you'd open both images,  CTRL C  (copy) one of the images and then CTRL L to paste as layer on top of the other.
In Photoshop you can just drag one image on top of the other.

Then go to layer properties -> opacity.  Drag the slider to reduce the transparency until the bottom layer image becomes visible.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »

You can do the same thing with Gimp, but I've never tried it.
  Eric

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »

anything