Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: HG612 Firmwares [New H-Wolf version] (Updated 9 Aug 2014)  (Read 312462 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: HG612 Firmwares [New H-Wolf version] (Updated 9 Aug 2014)
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »

Quick question, does that mean the webgui version has web access via IE etc while the unlocked one had no web access and can only access via Telnet?  sorry for the newbie question.

No need to apologise.  :) 

A locked HG612 does not allow access either by the GUI or the CLI.
An HG612 that has been unlocked with, say, the original firmware image created by Asbokid will have access via the GUI and the CLI. If this HG612 has been allowed to be updated with the latter images (remotely pushed by BT) then the GUI access is lost but the CLI access remains viable.
An HG612 that has been unlocked with Wolfy's firmware image (see the initial post to this thread) will have access via the GUI and the CLI.

Does that help?  :cat:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:09:11 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »

An unlocked HG612 does not allow access either by the GUI or the CLI.
I think you mean locked

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »

An unlocked HG612 does not allow access either by the GUI or the CLI.
I think you mean locked

b*cat locates a handy brown-paper bag . . .  :paperbag:

apvm

• Just arrived
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2015, 06:07:40 PM »

Quick question, does that mean the webgui version has web access via IE etc while the unlocked one had no web access and can only access via Telnet?  sorry for the newbie question.

An HG612 that has been unlocked with, say, the original firmware image created by Asbokid will have access via the GUI and the CLI. If this HG612 has been allowed to be updated with the latter images (remotely pushed by BT) then the GUI access is lost but the CLI access remains viable.
An HG612 that has been unlocked with Wolfy's firmware image (see the initial post to this thread) will have access via the GUI and the CLI.

Thank you so much, my unlocked HG612 came with firmware V100R001C01B028SP10, I am wondering which should I flash, unlocked or webgui to keep my HG612 unlocked?  Thanks.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »

Thank you so much, my unlocked HG612 came with firmware V100R001C01B028SP10, I am wondering which should I flash, unlocked or webgui to keep my HG612 unlocked?  Thanks.

webgui will allow you to keep access to the web ui, unlocked will only allow telnet access . Either way the modem is still unlocked and has telnet access for stats programs. It all boils down to whether or not you want/need the web ui.

apvm

• Just arrived
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:50 PM »

webgui will allow you to keep access to the web ui, unlocked will only allow telnet access . Either way the modem is still unlocked and has telnet access for stats programs. It all boils down to whether or not you want/need the web ui.

Thank you so much.  By the way do you happen to know how to disable BTagent with this new firmware?  Thanks.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »

Code: [Select]
# killall -KILL start btagent
More info here if you need it :)
http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

apvm

• Just arrived
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:53 PM »

Code: [Select]
# killall -KILL start btagent
More info here if you need it :)
http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm

Thanks so much, since I am not using this modem in the UK (using it in Canada) I was just wondering if it will communicate with BT server.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2015, 05:49:35 PM »

. . . since I am not using this modem in the UK (using it in Canada) I was just wondering if it will communicate with BT server.

There is still a lot unknown about the function and behaviour of the BTAgent.

In the HG612, it makes use of the VLAN tagged 301 to communicate "back home" to BT. So if that VLAN is deleted and the processes are killed (as Kitz has detailed, above) then the HG612 will certainly be isolated from its "home". However the BTAgent is also present in other BT supplied modem/routers. For ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ usage there will not be a tagged VLAN, so any communication "back home" will have to occur over the ATM layer. Hence even though the HG612 was not expected to be unlocked and used other than as a pure bridge (VDSL2 to Ethernet) there is the possibility that the BTAgent software is quite generic, falling back to the ATM layer if the relevant tagged VLAN is not available for the PTM layer.

I hope that is not too confusing . . . on reading it back I have a feeling of imprecision!  ???

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »

Hi
I running B030SP08 (unlock-web gui), how i do disable the BT update agent (TR69?) in the web gui?
Cheers

Rockall789

• Just arrived
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2015, 01:36:40 PM »

Hi, I'm also running B030SP08 unlock web gui. Psychopomp1 isn't it meant to be disabled in this version by default?
My question is, I've unlocked the hg612, and an in the UI. How do I enable internet access? I want to use the hg612 as the modern and my netgear wnr2000 router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »

Hi, I'm also running B030SP08 unlock web gui. Psychopomp1 isn't it meant to be disabled in this version by default?
My question is, I've unlocked the hg612, and an in the UI. How do I enable internet access? I want to use the hg612 as the modern and my netgear wnr2000 router.

the default config is bridged. Plug your router WAN port into LAN1 of the HG612, and plug LAN2 into one of the LAN ports on the router. Set up the ppp settings on the router and you're done.

Rockall789

• Just arrived
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »

Ok I've done all that except PPP settings. Also the routers ip is the same as the hg612. So I changed the Hg612 to .1 and the router to .2.

Rockall789

• Just arrived
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2015, 02:12:22 PM »

the default config is bridged. Plug your router WAN port into LAN1 of the HG612, and plug LAN2 into one of the LAN ports on the router. Set up the ppp settings on the router and you're done.

Thanks for your reply. What do I need to change the PPP settings too or how do I find out?

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2015, 02:23:33 PM »

Thanks for your reply. What do I need to change the PPP settings too or how do I find out?

Your ISP will give you the ppp settings you need. IIRC I only had to enter username/password for mine.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22