Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Transfer data fron Nokia 2720 to Samsung smart phone  (Read 3926 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Transfer data fron Nokia 2720 to Samsung smart phone
« on: July 11, 2014, 03:05:02 PM »

On the Nokia side I understand this can be done via Bluetooth. It was quite a way back that the phone was set up, but I never used things like email or web.

Now I need to transfer data like the phone book over firstly to my computer but am unsure what user name and password I need. Are they those for my  for my ISP, or those given to the computer? Both seem to result in "password changed" and I get no further in snc of phone with computer.

I have that common feeling I am doing something wrong. Kind help for a numpty, please!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Transfer data fron Nokia 2720 to Samsung smart phone
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »

So you are trying to copy the contacts from the Nokia to your computer? So what software are you using?

It may be possible to take the SIM card from the Nokia, presumming the contacts are saved on the SIM and put the SIM in your new phone and copy them off the SIM card, but depending on the new phone the SIM may be smaller.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »

I tried to try that, but the  cradle for the SIM in the Samsung Galaxy I cannot open. Their SIM was in place when phone bought.

About to rtire now, so will come back to matter of s/ware another time

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:54:15 PM »

I am using latest Nokia Suite. I downloaded and installed yesterday. Computer has Bluetooth usb dongle in a front port and listed in Device Manager.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:59:44 PM »

Nokia Suite may well be asking for your Nokia account username and password, only other thing could be to do with blue tooth,  but that wouldn't want a username so I'm sure it's your Nokia Account details it's after. Once you're in Nokia Suite you need to add your phone before you can retrieve your contacts.

Once you get the contacts into Nokia Suite you'll then need to get them on your new phone, if it's an android phone the easiest way would be to export them to a file on your computer then login to Google contacts on the Internet on your computer and import them and organise them via your computer. You then just need setup your Google account on your Android phone and they should appear presuming sync is set up. I've found the easiest way to find Google contacts on the Internet is just to Google it.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:02:09 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D