Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware  (Read 116599 times)

npr

• Reg Member
Re: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 08:47:45 PM »

All marked as stealth.   ;D

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »

I've discovered that if the admin password is changed in the GUI then the telnet password is also changed from @HuaweiHgw to the new admin password.

Wish list:
1) Change the admin / telnet username.
So far I can't find the file containing this.
2) Change the SNTP servers to non-talktalk ones.
Think I can see a way to do this -- just need to give it a try.
3) Have the DHCP server remember the DNS server IP's.
Hopefully the forthcoming firmware v1.06t will correct this bug.
4) Read / edit the backup config file.
Don't think I've got a chance as it's Chinese text.

After using this router for about 3 days my long standing fibre upstream sync of 1.3 Mbps has increased to 2Mbps.  ;D I'm not giving the router the credit just yet, I'd previously used it for many weeks and the upstream sync remained stubbornly at 1.3Mbps.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 02:03:34 PM »

1) Change the admin / telnet username.

On hg612 /var/sshusers.cfg contains the telnet/ssh user list...in one old version of the firmwear one can use vi and edit the file.

I've got a hg 635 on its way to me now, to be used on my ADSL line.

Ian

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:15 PM »

Thanks, I'm not very proficient with Busybox but I'm pretty sure that file doesn't exist in the HG635 v1.04t.
And vi doesn't appear to be installed or any other text editor that I can find -- hope someone can prove me wrong on that.  ???

The sntp server list is in the file /var/sntp.conf -- just need a way to edit that file.
I'm thinking of running a ftp server on my pc and using wget to drag a replacement file in from the ftp server.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »

@npr Many thanks for the useful update. I fear that you won't find changing files in the file system trivial.  Most of the file system is read only, a change can sometimes be made by copying part of it and then mounting it over the original. See http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/dynamically-swapping-out-the-hardware-driver-blob/ for an example.  I hope a real expert may look at the opensource files sometime, someone might be expert enough to make a custom build.  The config file is encoded and not Chinese.

Getting a file in/out is really easy via any plugged in usb memory stick.  The files on it will be in e.g. /mnt/usb1_1/ but it may not be 1_1.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 10:57:40 PM »

I failed to import a file using wget and ftpget.
Will try your USB suggestion tomorrow.

I suppose the config file could be encrypted but I've never seen a file displayed as Chinese characters before.  ???

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2014, 11:48:37 AM »

I doubt that it really is Chinese and I can't get it display that way.  You could try a copy and paste into google translate to see what it gives.  i tried that but it didn't work for me.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2014, 12:23:15 PM »

Only get Chinese symbols if opened with windows notepad, if opened with Notepad++ then it's just the non-printable characters you would expect from an encrypted file.
I've already run a translation, the result is not very meaningful.
eg:

Jianlian 총 Cejinliaolv 엻쾂 additional information  Duan Hao »Jun ᠏ shelter ᥊ Qinfu ꏣᗧ 䔁 Jue 䲘 noise Chao ᕐ ៀ  Qin Ῥ Juyun 끪 䂢  Que ᫙ pour ⒆ Xuan  Nie 쮓  corner 﫽 Shen Bo  still 런  䆏 ج Lvnuo column ᜩ sets 귀 De Ἆ 츮 䒕 㾚 읽  㸦  Ji 풞씩 4 Hu  겾 Xinongjiangmu 쑩 ⋭﮻ 䵤 홿 ㅋ ridge 㸊 쬝 wei 볓 㡂 Tou Yang Tao ۉ⮏  Nu Chek pile 䰮 䠁 ጻ 䠪 ᥲ Ken cast ꅺ⦕ 졈 䪢 꼿 ꨗ Ru 䋷 㧏 ڨ 뮃  Jiu 㛸 worm screws 줫 ꔧ 릚 invited ᜽╅ 㙧 䴁 ꋿ◲ᖷ Shao Kai ݰ 㻠 퇱 braid  Che ꖻ ࿬ ჼ slough 맇 bit ھꪷ ⳬ Gong Fu 㵉 㷰 ؏ ꎙ 긔 ⮊ꌿ 䐦 㙧  횄 㧖 Lu complain Ὲɞꪵꢔꔈⅾ 톇 Wan Zhan Xiao Qiao  hip ᤄ engine 䈥 ⹒مم rejoice vi 튛 Ken ῷ lagoon Yuan 햛 Baoyidianhu ꏍ 멍 | Ni ❢ 홤 ꄀ 젭얥 pole  Re ۉ ‰ ႝ ⩺ 㘤 ꫧੋ Min ᬢ β ​​

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2014, 01:04:07 PM »

OK.

My HG635 has arrived and has been set-up. I deleted the default TR069 VDSL connection can anybody paste the default connection settings.

Thanks in advance

Ian

EDIT 02:30 PM: Did not require this in the end...I just added tr069 to my adsl connection.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:00:55 PM by kitzuser87430 »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2014, 01:18:57 PM »

Save your current settings then reset via the gui or a paper clip or biro in the reset hole on back will return you to the factory defaults. Then after getting what you need upload your saved settings and edit as needed.  It would be handy for others if you could do screen prints of the default connection settings if you do the reset.  Otherwise someone may be able to paste what you need?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:21:55 PM by les-70 »

datasegment

• Just arrived
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2014, 07:04:11 PM »

I don't believe the data in the config file is either encrypted, or in a strange character set we don't get- for me, config files (for simple, non-protected data) are always in tokenized form, In other words, token followed by value. Repeated pairs, usually preceeded with a count of pairs or terminating with an end marker token, thus allowing saving of multiple profiles and allowing selection of one or more by simply reading through until you hit the version you want.

Unfortunate on two counts, as 1) I'm totally wrong- in which case apologies. 2) The interpreter that reads the config file and inserts the data knows the tokens, knows the format of the contained datastring, and will interpret as needed.

May be worth investigating though? Rather than trying to read the file through a simple text reader, hex editor or translator?

In the end though- I now have tty access from the config file given earlier (second draft) although SH access is spotty- only every second command works? (I am using windows though - maybe my tty encoding is wrong over PuTTY)

D.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2014, 08:02:40 PM »

No problem here using windows 8.1 with putty or with windows own telnet client.

@les-70 The usb memory stick method works perfectly for copying modified files into the router.
Thanks for the tip.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »

I have a problem here ...my chromebook cannot connect using the default username

Invalid username '!!Huawei'

I have to rdp into my server and use putty.

@npr I presume you have had no luck changing the telnet username and password.

My first impressions are very good...a great connection speed and I get no extra delay on my ping monitor http://f8lure.mouselike.org/proxyfirebrick.asp?ID=53705

Ian

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »

The telnet password changes if you changed the admin password in the GUI.
Haven't found the telnet username yet, I would think it will be in that Chinese file. ;)

You said previously that you had disabled TR069. I'm surprised the ping graph is working with that disabled.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »

@datasegment  i am bit confused re tty access? Are you going in via the serial port or as is easier via telnet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

anything