Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats Editor & GUI v2.1 released  (Read 17245 times)

Ronski

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 Modem Stats Editor & GUI v2.1 released
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »

Thanks for the bug report, I can duplicate the problem here, I'll take a look when I get chance.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »

Another small beta update, ones a bug fix the other is a tab to show program version numbers for the main programs. Currently this won't show version numbers for BE1's programs, but he is building version numbers in to the very latest programs.

Eventually we hope to have the ability to automatically update all the main programs.

2.1.5267.38646   03-06-2014

Fixed problem with Ongoing and Snapshot buttons not toggling when using own task
      Added tab with program version numbers and abilty to copy to clipboard - will require programs from BE1 to have version info, which he's implementing.

DeadMan

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 11:24:53 PM »

Nevermind sorted.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:31:37 PM by DeadMan »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »

It works for me - .Net 4.5

Ronski

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 Modem Stats Editor & GUI V3 Beta
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:34 PM »

Would anybody like to volunteer to test v3 of the GUI please? If so please read the information below.

Basically I've rewritten a lot of the update code so that it now updates BE1's side of things as well.

Please be aware that when you check for beta updates, it will say that updates are available, and download them, BUT the only file which is a newer version is the modems file, the others are V3 files. So once you have the V3 files it will still always tell you there are new beta updates for the others even after updating, this is just for testing purposes.

I believe it will also handle updating programs which are running, it will wait until they close, so please try and break it,but not too much though ;-)

This beta version is not available via automated updates at the moment, but can be downloaded from here for anybody brave enough to try it, preferably if you can add it to a version 2 install of BE1's programs and see what happens please.

Important. Once testing is complete, if you used this on your live installation please delete the modems.txt file from the editor directory in the scripts folder, failure to do this will mean you'll have a version 4 file, so won't receive any new modem files until we hit version 5. The GUI will offer to download the correct file when you start it next time.

Once a few people have said everything is fine I'll add it as a general beta update, then if that's OK move it to a full release.

Any suggestions or problems then please by all means post them, thanks.

Change Log.

3.0.5294.35009   30-06-2014

Major rewrite of update interface and code, now capable of updating all the major programs.
      New updater program to update all programs.
      Updating is now done via the Program versions & Updates tab on the Help & About tabs.
      Backups of programs are now stored in Program Backups folder in the designated scripts folder.
      The old backup folder can be deleted if you want to.
      Minor alterations to the About tab
      Minor alterations to the help tab
      PC Speed default is now Medium.

2.1.5272.39120   08-06-2014

Added code to read modems.txt list

2.1.5270.34252   06-06-2014

Created tab control on Help & About Tab
      Moved program versions to Help & About tab

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2014, 05:33:19 PM »

Running the Beta version of GUI V3 and don't see any problems as yet, I have uploaded an image of the GUI working away.

Not sure if i need to do anything else, I just copied the new Beta GUI into scripts folder and rename GUI version 2.1 to old.

Edit: I have just ticked the receive beta updates and installs then keeps saying there is a new one and installs it then keeps saying there is new i click ok this keeps going on it's seems stuck in a loop until i select NO do you want to install them
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:55:21 PM by NewtronStar »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 06:51:26 PM »

Thank you very much NewtronStar for testing it, glad to hear it works entirely as expected.

Edit: I have just ticked the receive beta updates and installs then keeps saying there is a new one and installs it then keeps saying there is new i click ok this keeps going on it's seems stuck in a loop until i select NO do you want to install them

The above is entirely expected, the version numbers listed in the version list on my server for the beta versions are higher than the ones it actually downloads, so it always thinks there are newer beta versions. I've done this purely for testing (mentioned in my previous post), although I have now edited the file so the version numbers are correct.

You'll need to delete the modems.txt file from the editor folder located in your scripts folder, when you restart the GUI it will offer to download the replacement file for you, you only need to do this once - see my previous post as to why.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »

You'll need to delete the modems.txt file from the editor folder located in your scripts folder, when you restart the GUI it will offer to download the replacement file for you, you only need to do this once - see my previous post as to why.

Yes I have done that and its does download and installs the replacement file Modems 3.0.4.0

Thanks for your reply

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2014, 07:27:08 PM »

Are you sure you have version 3.0.4.0, you should have 3.0.1.0 ?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »

Are you sure you have version 3.0.4.0, you should have 3.0.1.0 ?

I think so that's what it looks like in the programs & updates  :-\ have a look ->

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »

Ok, strange. But this gives us a chance to test a little mod I've just made.

• Without exiting the GUI please delete the modems.txt file and refresh/update the version information
  • It should show that the modems.txt file is missing, and you'll have a beta update for the GUI.
  • Please then install the updates
  • It should download the indicated files and replace the missing file
  • Check the versions once it's restarted

You should then have modems.txt version 3.0.1.0 if all goes to plan, with no updates available.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2014, 08:45:31 PM »

I have refreshed without exiting the GUI but the modems.txt file is not showing this time  ???

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2014, 08:53:43 PM »

It's in the editor folder.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 09:06:17 PM »

It's in the editor folder.

Yes that works removed modem.txt in the editor folder then refreshed GUI stats is says the file is missing, then I click update it then installs Modems 3.0.1.0

Thanks Ronski the little mod works  :)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:19:10 PM by NewtronStar »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »

I've created a new thread for V3, it can be found here.

Anybody can update to V3 by selecting beta updates.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]