Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.0 released (now v5.0.1)  (Read 28334 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats v5.0 released (now v5.0.1)
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »

It probably is me but I can't see how to configure automatic snapshots of the traffic graph as distinct to saving a textual file.  :-\

Works for me B*CAT I take a snapshot (green camera) and its in the DSLstats Graphs

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »

It probably is me but I can't see how to configure automatic snapshots of the traffic graph as distinct to saving a textual file.  :-\

It's not just you. :)  It's missing from the "Autosave graphs" section.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2014, 01:33:52 AM »

It's missing from the "Autosave graphs" section.

Ah, so another item has been added to the ToDo list?  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2014, 07:09:38 AM »

Indeed it has. :)
  Eric

scotsmist

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »

The new setting 'include with bitloading' isn't remembered between restarts on Linux version for me.

Sorry to be a pest.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2014, 04:07:55 PM »

You're not being a pest. :)

I'll check it out.
  Eric

scotsmist

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »

Hi, I'm running the latest version on linux mint 64 bit. Its a fresh install, I have an older version (4.x) in another directory. Every 24 hours I get this message

List index (0) out of bounds.

Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
Press Cancel to kill the program.

It seems to coincide with when I first run the program. It stops recording at the same time each day with the same message. Closing the program and starting again clears the error. Not yet sure how to reproduce it, not being a real problem until now, I came back in and the program had stopped logging for nearly two hours until I paused recording and then started it again.

That's a very good clue, thank you. There are very few things which happen on that timescale, so I can concentrate on those. I'll do my best to fix it.

Because it keeps stopping once a day, I decided to restart the program again at 13.48 and it crashed again with the same error at the exact same time 19.07 as it has stopped each day before the restart. So its definitely not when I re-started the program. Are snapshots taken at a specific time of day ? (just thinking out loud as I enabled this feature recently)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2014, 10:54:10 PM »

Snapshots are taken N hours after you start recording (N is set by the user). There's no fixed time. I can't imagine any mechanism which would cause DSLstats to crash at the same time every day. Are you sure there's no process on your PC which starts up at that time (a process which temporarily saturates the CPU or something like that, perhaps)?
  Eric

scotsmist

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2014, 11:46:02 PM »

Nothing I can think of at my end that would cause the program to stop recording, just that same error message each time, same time each day.
I'm going to disable 'Save Snapshots in Directory'. I'll also install this on another machine also Linux, different flavour though, see what happens.
Laterz

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 05:08:44 PM »

I don't know if it's easily done but what I think might be quite handy is the ability to overlay the previous synchs (1? 2? 3?) HLOG/QLN over the current one :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »

I don't know if it's easily done but what I think might be quite handy is the ability to overlay the previous synchs (1? 2? 3?) HLOG/QLN over the current one :)

Yes, I can do that, but at present the todo list has several more pressing items on it. :)
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »

it seems to be working fine now??

the uptime has appeared , so has MSAN

im still getting the No Bitloading

26 Jul 2014 09:30:27   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:30:57   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:31:27   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:31:57   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:32:26   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:32:57   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:33:27   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:33:57   No bitloading data received
26 Jul 2014 09:34:27   No bitloading data received

heres exactly whats in my DSLstats folder... all I do is unzip everything into it and OVERWRITE...keeping older versions in zip files along the way - take a look if you like:

and thanks
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dg7v4p
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »

@snadge: Sorry that I haven't responded much to your issues, but at the moment it's so hot that my few remaining brain cells seem to have shut down for the duration. :)

I did try running DSLstats directly from a copy of your archive and it works perfectly here, so there's nothing wrong with your setup as far as I can tell.

Concerning the bitloading messages, as I understand it, the bitloading graph is displayed and updates normally, despite the messages in the event log. I guess that this must be something to do with the particular format of the bitloading data  from your router, which DSLstats is misinterpreting. Could you copy the output of the --Bits command to me, so I can see what's happening?
  Eric

scotsmist

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »

I stopped running stats yesterday afternoon. Today the first time I double-click dslstats file the error message appears immediately. Click Cancel and the error appears every time until I click OK. Click OK, close the program, run it again and no error. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »

I stopped running stats yesterday afternoon. Today the first time I double-click dslstats file the error message appears immediately. Click Cancel and the error appears every time until I click OK. Click OK, close the program, run it again and no error. :)

As I can't reproduce this error I've been going through the program line by line, looking for any code which could conceivably return this particular error message. I've found just one place where it could happen, and made some changes which will avoid it happening. I'll try to upload a test version some time this weekend.
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7