Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Seems that since swapping routers...  (Read 8698 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: Seems that since swapping routers...
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 10:13:09 AM »

If you do find out anything about telnet on the v5 I'll certainly be interested.
Nothing came back bar this from a forum member:
I think you cannot use monitoring program (DSL Stats i suppose). The W8960N is on the list of supported router but it's a mistake.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »

I've had one thought since - it may be possible to get DSLstats to work with it by using a longer sample time, such as 2 minutes. DSLstats does work with earlier versions of the W8960N as far as I know. I need to add a note on the compatibility list.
  Eric

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 02:07:45 PM »

I had to start using the longer time time too but does that mean I am missing potential SNR dips? I guess it's OK for anything counter based but the SNR would be read at point in time?

I wonder what they've done to this router lol :(

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 03:21:48 PM »

I tried connecting mine up and using DSLstats with a 2-minute sample period. It worked for 5 samples and then started giving login errors. So I'll be interested to see if it does keep running in your case.

A longer period between samples does indeed mean that you'll be missing some short term variations in SNRM and the other time-related graphs, so it's certainly not ideal. As to what they've done, I guess it's a deliberate policy to limit the number of successive telnet logins over some period, for some reason. Maybe it's done for security reasons.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything