Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats - Release v 3.0 for EXISTING users  (Read 21832 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: HG612 Modem Stats - Release v 3.0 for EXISTING users
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2014, 10:08:19 PM »

Jaggies post regarding connection stats queries has been moved to here:-

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14165.0

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2014, 03:52:47 PM »

I was able to swap the HG658 back in the morning.  I can't cap my speeds on it so I have only inserted it when my attainable is at a minimum.  First thing the morning the attainable was 92 which dropped in two jumps to reach 77 by 8 am!  My worry with any modem I can't cap is that any DLM resyncs will always tend to occur at an attainable above 80 and then drop.

That to one side the "HG658B,1" etc additions causes the gui to show the correct passwords/username but it still does not work. Is the ,1 causing it to expect adsl and not the xdslcmd the HG658b uses.  I attach a log of two telnet commands and bits from the current and ongoing error logs.  Unless it looks like a very quick fix please forget about it and don't waste time.  It does work with dslstats and that is allowing testing for the moment..

edit : putty log changed: the first version had a mistyped command included.

edit : i notice that dslstats says "modem seems Hg622 type"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:39:46 PM by les-70 »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2014, 04:26:21 PM »

The first part is simply the name, the second part tells the GUI whether to use the default password (admin) or to allow entry of a password. 0 = default, 1 = allow password entry.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2014, 05:45:34 AM »

I changed back to fast as was getting occasional is running files, which stopped more been created.

shamus

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2014, 06:41:45 AM »

Do I need to have an old version of Modem stats before I can install v3.0
tried installing v3.0 and cannot unlock my HG612 3b using Askoids instructions
wher can I get an older version of stats

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »

You don't need an older version of HG612 Modem Stats, but it will only work after you have managed to unlock the modem using asbokid's instructions.

shamus

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 07:06:35 PM »

thanks for that answer and I have now got the unlocked modem up and running after trials and tribulations with Vista --with asbokid's clear instructions

glanville

• Just arrived
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 04:27:33 PM »

Does isrunningvb.exe ever access addresses outside the local network?

I'm asking not because I've got a problem with HG612 Modem Stats v3, I think everything is fine, but because I've got occasional firewall log 'funnies'.

I use Privatefirewall 7.0 (http://www.privacyware.com/), where applications are reported as attempting to access the internet via something else not permitted by the application privilege control.

The one I currently see is isrunningvb.exe trying to access the internet via pfgui.exe (the firewall GUI) which seems a bit unlikely!

I'm not seeking to start a firewall conversation in this modem stats thread, I'm just curious to know if isrunningvb.exe really does occasionally seek access, or if the 'funnies' are even 'funnier' than I think.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »

I'm not seeking to start a firewall conversation in this modem stats thread, I'm just curious to know if isrunningvb.exe really does occasionally seek access, or if the 'funnies' are even 'funnier' than I think.

All that isrunningvb.exe does is to check if instances of other associated stats logging programs are already running.

Some firewalls and AV programs class the way the stats programs access the modem as 'potentially' suspicious behaviour & flag it as such.

e.g. AVG blocks them until added to the 'safe' list.

The main programs that accesses the modem are HG612_Run.exe (fleetingly) & HG612_stats.exe (once every minute for just a few seconds).

I would recommend that you allow beta updates to be installed via the HG612 Stats logging GUI program in order to auto-update to the latest v 4.xx programs that include a few more useful stats & newer features such as optional online web based logging/graphing etc. & they are more efficient/reliable.

I will very shortly be releasing v 4 as a full download package, but I would still recommend allowing the beta updates in the meantime.

glanville

• Just arrived
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »

Thanks for that Bald_Eagle1. I'd sort of assumed it to be spurious.

Re updates. I'll do as you suggest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything