Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats - Release v 3.0 for EXISTING users  (Read 21817 times)

Jaggies

Re: HG612 Modem Stats - Release v 3.0 for EXISTING users
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 10:05:38 PM »

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

Is that Windows 8.1?

I don't have that version for testing anything.

Yes.

It seems almost all your existing programs have the time stamp 2014-06-22-1727. i.e. newer than the actual updated programs:-

Existing [HG612_stats.exe] modified 2014-06-22-1727
Updated [HG612_stats.exe] modified 2014-06-22-0147
*** New file is older than original file ***
*** NOT Updating [HG612_stats.exe] ***

I'll assume that however you installed the original programs, it actually changed the file modified dates to the time they were installed.

Quite possibly - I originally installed in Program Files, them moved the folder to the root of Drive C: so the change in dates may have happened at that point. It was a recent install (last weekend) but I originally couldn't get it to work as my router's IP address was 192.168.0.1, but it started working (minus the beeps!) when I changed the IP address of the router to 192.168.1.254

Following the attempted update, you should have a file named Updated_Programs.zip in the Scripts folder, containing the real updated files.

You could try unzipping that file to the Scripts folder & allow the existing files to be overwritten.

Done.

Even if the modified dates are changed again, you should at least then have the real updated files.

To check which versions you have, right clicking on say HG612_stats.exe, then clicking Properties & then clicking the Details tab should show something like shown in the attachment to this message.

i.e. :-

File version 3.0.0.0
Product version 3.0
Date modified 22/06/2014 01:47

Please let me know if that works.

Seems to have done the trick. Thanks for that.

Now to find out why my FEC Error count is over 10 million in less than 3 days...

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 10:08:56 PM »

I did try the updater on Windows 8.1 but these errors occur again.

And yes the DONG sound every minute has gone when new files are installed  :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:15:08 PM by NewtronStar »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »

I'm still working on the update feature in the GUI, I would say I'm 80% there,  so should have a beta version soon, but time is limited.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 04:04:41 PM »

I did a test, I copied one of the binaries to another folder and the created data changes to current but modified stays the same so it does seem baldeagle is checking modified correctly.  At least on windows 7.

SoI ran the update program and followed its instructions, all seemed ok.

Ran the gui again and went to the update page and did a update check, it immediatly says the gui is not up to date and a modems program.  IF I check for gui update within the gui app it says its already the latest. 

Is this expected?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:11:07 PM by Chrysalis »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 07:10:23 AM »

Yes that is to be expected,  the update tab in that version is very much a work in progress, it does however report the versions correctly.  I'm nearly there with the new version, just a bit more to do.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »

ok thanks.

also to BE I will test medium on my rig this week.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »

also to BE I will test medium on my rig this week.

Cheers, Chrys.

Please let me know how you get on (with some before & after logs).

I have a feeling it will still work fine, meaning I might be able to reduce the pauses & speed up program progress.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 01:26:09 PM »

Sorry to add more complexity but I am trying to run with an Hg658B.  It should work as either an Hg612 or Hg622 - it does with dslstats- but it does not seem to work with modem stats.  The username and password are both different from the the usual admin/admin.  I tried editing them in the .ini file but although the username is shown OK the password is still shown as admin in the gui. 

Can both the username and password be changed this way? or do I need to look for other possible issues?

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 03:43:18 PM »

I can modify the GUI easy enough, but BE1 will need to make alterations to his code as well. I'll take a look at that password to, I'm sure the GUI reads it from the ini file.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 09:40:58 PM »

@les-70, I've checked the password behaviour within the editor, if the selected modem doesn't require a password, the password will be set to admin, but it won't be changed in the ini file unless you save the settings. I think BE1 needs to modify the logging side to work with your modem, we can then add your modem to the list and see what happens.

@BE1 I've just been doing some testing on my Windows 8 laptop. I basically installed V2 of the programs, then updated to V3 using the GUI. I then set everything up including the scheduled task. But nothing happened.

I manually run HG612_Run and got a blue warning come up, unfortunately I never thought to get a screen shot. There is a small button/text labeled  More Info, clicking this then gives the option to run anyway. But still my scheduled task didn't run, strangely running the task manually would work.

Finally sussed it, my laptop was running on the battery and the task was set to only run when on AC power. Seems the same on my server as that has a UPS, so it seems I need to add an option to keep the task running when on batteries*.

*Edit: Option now added when creating the task to carry on running when on batteries.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:52:42 PM by Ronski »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 11:38:22 PM »

BE it seems I am already on medium, either I set it and forgot about it or the recent updates forced it to medium.

So I can confirm on medium the stats seem to be updated, as the gui is updating, will post back with graph creation.

Is it enough to just say works or you also want logs even if works?

--edit--

graphs ok also.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:47:02 PM by Chrysalis »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2014, 12:04:35 AM »

Is it enough to just say works or you also want logs even if works?

Thanks for the feedback.

MEDIUM is now the default for the updated programs.

I'd like to see some examples from your ONGOING_ERROR.LOG_file_ERROR.TXT & CURRENT_ERROR.LOG_file_ERROR.TXT files to compare against the ones I have from when you were using the FAST setting.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2014, 01:22:20 PM »

I have currently switched back to an HG612 to check that my installation of modem stats is OK and it is.  I suspect no one else has an Hg658b so I don't advocate any real work being undertaken to support it but I would like to know if both the username and password can be reliably altered via the .ini file?  As far as I can see that is all that needed but it has not worked for me.  I was not quite sure where to look in the various error files but a it looks like a login failure.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »

Hi Les,

This MIGHT be a quick win.

Does the Hg658B use xdslcmd info --xxxx commands as per the HG612 & do you need to enter BusyBox via the "sh" command?

You could try this, to at least see if it gets a bit further down the logging in line:-

Edit your Modems.txt file in the Editor folder to include "Hg658B,1" directly below "HG622,0":-

HG610,0
HG612,0
HG622,0
Hg658B,1
ZyXel VMG8324-B10A,1
Billion BiPAC 8800NL,1

(Should it actually an upper case 'G' rather than lower case 'g')?

Edit your ini file to whatever your username & password need to be.

Also edit your ini file to state "Hg658B" instead of "HG612"

Then start the GUI to see if it has picked up your changed settings.

Try running HG612_current_stats.exe, either manually or via the button in the GUI & let me know how far it gets.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »

Thanks, it is of course an HG658b and it does support xdslcmd.  I will swap it in back in tomorrow some time and give it a try.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

anything