Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can more that one PCP cabinet be connected to a Fibre Cabinet?  (Read 25961 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Can more that one PCP cabinet be connected to a Fibre Cabinet?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »

'We Are The Champions.'

:friends:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Puppy

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »

'We Are The Champions.'

:friends:

"Friends will be Friends"   :lol:
Praying for FTTC

mattanorak

• Just arrived
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »

Hi Puppy,

Going through something similar to your experience, but what they seem to be doing here is installing cabinets closest to A-Roads.  I'm hoping that that's a first pass and they'll be back shortly to do the others, but until then, it's a bit of a waiting game.

Puppy

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »

Hi Puppy,

Going through something similar to your experience, but what they seem to be doing here is installing cabinets closest to A-Roads.  I'm hoping that that's a first pass and they'll be back shortly to do the others, but until then, it's a bit of a waiting game.

You may be correct, they are probably the easiest to do, and looks good to the boss's up high as the numbers initially look good. ::)

They have been installing new cabs in my area since Late January, it's only now the pace is picking up and cabinets ducts and electrics are all being done more or less at the same time.... "thank the Lord"  :angel:

Some people have waiting for years, I only cottoned on about a year ago that FTTC was coming :-[, so it's not been so bad for me ;)

Hope it comes to you quickly!
Praying for FTTC

Puppy

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »

Well after nearly a year the cabinet (yes a year) went live on 8 May.

I ordered fibre with my current ISP Talk talk,  and they gave me a date of 22/5, which they subsequently cancelled by e-mail (with no explanation) a week later. I called up to ask why, but they couldn't tell me the reason, so I got a new date of 26/5 and no one turned up.  To cut a very long story short, after many calls and e-mails back and forth I told to stick it, and I went on line to order from BT on 29/5, and was greeted with the message "this service is not available to you"

The BT broadband checker showed no FTTC dates at all, so I called BT, and all they could tell me was it wasn't available to me. On 31/5 the checker was updated to show "FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible." And an availability date of 24/6 (could it be full after less that 3 weeks!).  On 2/6, it showed FTTC available, and I ordered that morning @ 7.00am.  Got 2 e-mails confirming my installation date as 17/6, all good so far.

On 3/6 the checker was back to showing no FTTC availability, and on 4/6 it was ""FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible." And an availability date of 2/7, surely not full again after a couple of days?.

Called BT to find out what was going on, they said my order was still on track, however the engineers visit on 17/6 would have to be cancelled and that my telephone service would have to be ported over at the exchange first, and then an appointment would have to be made for a home visit to have Infinity installed, I just about hit the roof, as I had had an online chat (see below) with someone at BT a few days earlier to find out what the process was for changing ISP's and getting Fibre, they assured me that it was a same day process. They sad they would raise a special service request (what ever that is) and get back to me in a could of days.

Issy: Good morning John
Issy: How may I assist you with your order today?
Issy: I have not heard from you for a while. Are you still with me?
John: I am currently on Talktalk's ADSL broadband. I know that BT infinity is available to me now and I would like to know that if I were to switch to BT from talktalk, would it all be done all in one stage on the same day with no loss of broadband service?
Issy: I'll be happy to assist you with that
Issy: You should only be down for around 30 minutes on the day of activation
John: I previously enquired about this 18 months ago, and I was advised it was a 2 stage process, and that after things had been switched around at the exchange, I would then have to book an other appointment, and That I would have no service for a few days, are you telling me that this is no longer the case?
Issy: This has changed
John: What is the current timescale for switching? My post code is *****.
Issy: It's normally 7-10 business days to connect. You'll get the exact date on the order form
John: Thanks for your time!
Issy: You're welcome.

I received an e-mail today as follows:-

Hello, this is a message from BT. Your telephone will be connected on 18/7/2014 by midnight. However due to exchange issue we can only progress your BT Infinity order once the line is working. We will contact you by 8pm on 11/6/2014  to discuss when your broadband will be connected. We are very sorry for any incovenience caused and wil do all we can to get you connected ASAP

I thought the date in July looked a bit strange, so I called about it, it looks like a typo as the date for the telephone service is still 17/6, so I'm waiting on the call on 11/6 to see what they are going to say.

Just looking for some opinions for the forum as to what you guy's think is going on here....is it really a 2 stage process to get fibre and switch ISP's?

Thanks for you reply s in advance.

(Oh and by the way, my next door neighbour and a friend across the road on the same cab as me have Infinity, so it is available) :'(
Praying for FTTC

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »

Puppy. Have just had a FTTC cab fitted here in North Wales, so your story of a year is not filling me with hope! So fingers crossed for you. ???

Puppy

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2014, 05:37:05 PM »

You may be lucky and only have to wait 11 months  :P
Seriously I hope you don't have to wait along time  ;) :D

Well they didn't call me yesterday, no shock there ! I called today to find out why, only to be told they will phone me the day after the phone lines have been changed over at the exchange. Also my cabinet is showing fibre is available again, so hopefully I will get my installation before it runs out again!
Praying for FTTC
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything