Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Interesting comparrisons between HG612 and ECI B-Focus v-2FuB/r Rev.B  (Read 3391 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member

My findings so far are that Minimum base latency is slightly higher with the HG612 which i have seen mentioned in other posts, also it would appear that the min latency is increased a lot more whilst uploading data maxing the upsteam out as well typically the average latency is 100+ ms where as when using the ECI  it was around 35/40ms max unless there was congestion preventing full throughput,
Another interesting observation i have made so far is that since changing modems last night  my BT bras IP profile has changed slightly as well, it was 77.44 currently 77.42  not a lot, but somewhat odd, as the modem is syncing @ just below the 80mbps mark 79987 Kbps why it didn't sync at the 79999 kbps  i'm not sure, i have a little spare margin, and higher attainable which doesn't fluctuate much
Certainly an odd one to me , Any one know why this is?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

but somewhat odd, as the modem is syncing @ just below the 80mbps mark 79987 Kbps why it didn't sync at the 79999 kbps

Ive noticed this since changing from the HG612 to the Zyxel I also sync at 79987

Code: [Select]
DSLAM/MSAN type:        IFTN:0xb203 / v0xb203
Modem/router firmware:  AnnexA version - A2pv6F039i.d24e
DSL mode:                VDSL2
Uptime:                  21 days 3 hours 57 min 48 sec
Resyncs:                0 (since 24 May 2014 20:57:40)

Downstream Upstream
Attenuation (dB):       
Connection speed (kbps): 79987 20000
SNR margin (dB):        8.1 12.7
Power (dBm):            14.3 5.8
Interleave depth:        1 1
INP:                    0 0

I didnt give it too much thought as its only a few kb and wont make any difference...  other than to wonder if it was anything to do with the band plans.
I was previously running asbokids firmware on the HG612 which hadnt been updated by the BTAgent so using the original band plans.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen

hmmm just noticed this

Modem/router firmware:     AnnexA version

yet

Mode:                   VDSL2 Annex B

I thought profile 8c was Annex A and profile 17a was Annex B - link   No idea if that has anything to do with it, but it will affect the band plans? :shrug2:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

tommy45

• Reg Member

I wouldn't of thought the slight decrease in sync rate would of affected the IP profile though, infact i don't see why it changed  from 77.44 to 77.42 , unless leaving the modem powered down , so a 45mins gap from powering down the eci to powering up the HG612 had something to do with it?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen

Im afraid I cant check my IPprofile...  I just get

however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service.
-----

tommy45

• Reg Member

Yes i'm familiar with that error, It happened me a while back, at that time the plusnet copy profile was changing  for no apparent reason, but i didn't have access to my line stats then, so had no proof that my connection hadn't lost sync , and that all apart from 2  of the "disconnects" that plusnet  could see where in fact PPPOE session's (My hopping gateways ,a lot)lol  the 2 losses of sync where i think DLM  and one manual reboot of the modem, My connection has as far as i'm aware never lost sync for any other reason , even when there was a battery fault on the ptsn side resulting in total loss of voice service, no loss of sync or reduction in performance ,

I hope it's not another bout of sticking IP profiles too