Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wares for sale  (Read 5224 times)

soms

• Reg Member
Wares for sale
« on: September 11, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »

Don't worry guys i'm not selling lucky heather! I just have some stuff I wouldn't mind clearing so i thought I would just let you guys know what I have and if anyone is interested then I would be happy to sell it to you  :D

Hopefully i'm not breaking any of  Kitz's rules with this topic but i'm not up to scratch on forum policy so if peeps aren't supposed to try and sell stuff I appologise.

Basically I have 1 sealed/unused Solwise ADSL splitter socket (85mm sq) and an opened but unused one. Those can go for ?4 which saves you some money on buying new-new ones.

I also have one of the ATL NTE5 ADSL adaptors from Solwise which was used briefly here, still in really good condition, and that can go for ?6.

I have 2 pair phone cable and 4 pair unshielded UTP cat5e for 5p/metre. I am afraid I don't know what postage costs on anything since I havent tried packing it and weighing it, but it wont be much, even under the new "pricing in proportion" I shouldn't think.

I don't expect anyone to buy anything, I'm not forcing it upon and I do work! I'm just happy to let this stuff go to anyone who has use for it!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Wares for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 10:07:12 PM »

lol... for some reason for a min I read it as warez for sale..
I may well have had objections to that  :-X
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 10:40:58 PM »

Quote from: kitz
lol... for some reason for a min I read it as warez for sale..
lol, no i'm not into that sort of thing. I used the word "wares" because it was as subtle as I could try and be.

I may well have had objections to that
and quite rightly so. Not only is it illegal but it would also lower the tone far beyond having a for sale thread.

Something I am on the look out for if anyone comes across any are BT branded extension phone sockets. I have looked on ebay but am awaiting to hear what sort of condition the few items are in. New or used/good con would be just the job.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 10:57:14 PM »

Do clarity do any?

They sometimes sell genuine BT stuff

http://www.clarity.it/acatalog/adsl_extensions.html
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:21:32 AM »

PocketGPSworld also have a dedicated "Wanted/For Sale forum (Satnav/GPS) stuff only.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=22

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 08:05:02 AM »

Do clarity do any?

They sometimes sell genuine BT stuff

Yes I have bought the NTE5 ADSL adaptors from there before. I might e-mail them later on and see what they can supply or recommend. It seems the few sites I visit don't have any kind of "genuine" faceplates/sockets. (Apart from the genuine ADSL adaptor and ADSL extension kit)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 09:27:08 AM »

I don't think you can buy genuine faceplates / sockets, certainly not ones with the BT logo on them - they're for supply and installation by BT only IIRC
Chris