Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Unbranding the ZyXel VMG8324-B10A  (Read 72538 times)

dmcdonnell

Re: Unbranding the ZyXel VMG8324-B10A
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »

Code: [Select]
Boot Module Debug Flag : 00It is F1000
Yes I flashed the boot loader before as you suggested but after that the mac address changed to 00.... Before flashing boot loader the mac was fine.
Same error :(

So you flashed the new bootloader without ever having unlocked the device. I know this because of
Boot Module Debug Flag : 00
We had a lengthy exchange, you and I, on the need to do the commands listed in the instructions but you decided not to despite our subsequent discussion. This command is particular sets DEBUG mode. You only need to do it once ever:

ATWZ EC43F6470F58, 01, 01, 00, 0C      <---- Set MAC addr, Country, EngDbgFlag, FeatureBit, # of MACs
You may appreciate that I feel somewhat frustrated, having spent considerable time on this with you. 10 days ago I wrote:

If you did not set Debug mode, as per the instructions, you have not unlocked the bootloader.
Now, I really dont know how to help you. The ATSE command is listed on your F1000 but it wont accept either product name. Try:

ATEN 1, 10F0A563
but I doubt it will work.

I attach a PDF with a complete log of the unlock of an Eircom F1000 as well as the bootloader and firmware update in the hope that others will avoid your fate.

HDTechVideo

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »

Thanks for your reply I did exactly same
ATWZ EC43F6470F58, 01, 01, 00, 0C      <---- Set MAC addr, Country, EngDbgFlag, FeatureBit, # of MACsas you suggested...But dont know why...

HDTechVideo

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2014, 02:22:32 PM »

You really spend so many hrs to help me, I really appreciate your help thanks a lot.
I think it is working now. Will let you know the result...

EDIT: Everything working good, updated the latest firmware
Thank you so much for your help. @dmcdonnell
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:23:08 PM by HDTechVideo »

dmcdonnell

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

You really spend so many hrs to help me, I really appreciate your help thanks a lot.

Well done!

HDTechVideo

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2014, 07:39:04 PM »

Well done!

:) Did the second modem without any error.
Do you know the exact model of eircom D1000 zyxel?

turtlettpj

• Just arrived
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:34 AM »

Hello gents

Thank you for instructions how to unbrand that fine box.
I was able to push latest existing firmware (V100AAKL6b1) but I still do not see VOIP section.
Am I missing something?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 03:07:56 AM »

:) Did the second modem without any error.
Do you know the exact model of eircom D1000 zyxel?

The only one it looks remotely anything like is the P-660HNU
http://www.zyxel.com/products_services/p_660hnu_f1.shtml?t=p
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 03:09:16 AM »

Hello gents

I was able to push latest existing firmware (V100AAKL6b1) but I still do not see VOIP section.
Am I missing something?

Have you ever been able to see the VoIP section on any of the firmwares?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »

Just to confirm that my F1000 which was from dmcdonnell does indeed show a VOIP option at the bottom of that screen.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

turtlettpj

• Just arrived
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 08:57:44 AM »

Sorry everyone

Last night I was to tired to think about obvious. After hard reset all functions came up  ;D

Thank you very very much for that.

I can enjoy my new router. Will see today is eVision from Eircom will work through that box.

dmcdonnell

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2014, 09:17:28 AM »

Hello gents

Am I missing something?

According to TJWorld webpage "... It has 2 RJ12 ports for analogue telephone devices which are supported by the two integrated  Microsemi VE890 LE89156 "Single Channel FXS VoicePort?" (Foreign Exchange Subscriber) to provide VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) services to analogue terminals (telephone or facsimile)...".

From CFE, the ATBP command sets board parameters. I select the VE890_Invboost option for voice board. The VOIP option is then available in config.

You must Reset to Defaults after flashing, or issue the CFE command ATBR to erase the Eircom config. I do not have this in the PDF guide. I will add it and some pics n update later.

Hecthor

• Just arrived
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2014, 01:26:00 AM »

Greetings to all , I have a Zyxel P8701T and would like to introduce another firmware on it. Despite not speaking English , I understood that through the procedure will be possible for me to do this . My doubts : The USB cable for TTS will work with Win8 ? I do not speak a word of English , I used Google translator. Can I count on your help ? I thank you .

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »

Hi

Unfortunately I can not seem to find anything about the Zyxel P8701T and if it uses Broadcom chipset.   The Zyxel website is broken for me in the UK.
The only thing I can find is that the P8701T appears to only be available to the Spanish ISP Movistar and is also branded by a couple of Brazilian or Portugese ISPs and branded Vivo.   Any limited information is either in Spanish or Portuguese which Im afraid I dont understand.

The first stage of finding out if the router can be hacked would be finding out which DSL chipset it uses and then find out if the firmware is similar to any other router.

Having seen an image of the router and also a user manual from here, neither the router case nor the web GUI looks anything like the VMG8324 so Im not sure if the firmware would be compatible.
-----

Hecthor

• Just arrived
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2014, 02:19:46 PM »

Hi

Unfortunately I can not seem to find anything about the Zyxel P8701T and if it uses Broadcom chipset.   The Zyxel website is broken for me in the UK.
The only thing I can find is that the P8701T appears to only be available to the Spanish ISP Movistar and is also branded by a couple of Brazilian or Portugese ISPs and branded Vivo.   Any limited information is either in Spanish or Portuguese which Im afraid I dont understand.

The first stage of finding out if the router can be hacked would be finding out which DSL chipset it uses and then find out if the firmware is similar to any other router.

Having seen an image of the router and also a user manual from here, neither the router case nor the web GUI looks anything like the VMG8324 so Im not sure if the firmware would be compatible.

Good morning Kitz , thanks for the reply , my intention is just to get a router with compatible hardware , to change the firmware. The VMG 1312-B10A is simila do not know if it would be compatible . I am posting some pictures of the chips , perhaps with them it is easier to help. I appreciate any help .

Hecthor

• Just arrived
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2014, 02:21:37 PM »

Hi,

More images. DSL Chip: Broadcom BCM 63168 UKFEBG.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:48:39 PM by Hecthor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

anything