Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66

Author Topic: ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A Firmware  (Read 525723 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A Firmware
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:26 AM »

Thanks Simon I've downloaded it. Have you tried it yet?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2014, 06:54:01 AM »

its also on my webspace, posted earlier in thread.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2014, 06:59:26 AM »

I've had it running 12hrs so nothing to report yet other than seems reasonably stable.
Fritzbox 7490 l Plusnet FTTC

Starman

• Reg Member
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2014, 10:32:22 AM »

Curious did this upgrade reset back to factory defaults?

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »

Not on mine, everything was preserved.

The only issue I've got is that if I log into the router remotely it keeps logging me out randomly when moving between pages.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:01:54 PM by simoncraddock »

Starman

• Reg Member
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2014, 07:14:46 AM »

I upgraded and now find that I am unable to access the router config pages at all.

Gateway address has not changed and internet access works fine - odd.

Guess I'll be factory resetting and restoring the firmware version I was using before.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »

My Zyxel was having problems this morning so I decided as I needed to reboot it I would take the opportunity to upgrade the firmware.

Everything was reset to default, so after a quick google on my phone which turned up Kitz setup page I found out what the default password was (1234) and logged back in on 192.168.1.1. I then tried to upload my configuration settings I'd just saved and was told that it was not compatible, something about an illegal value IIRC.

End result I re-flashed the previous firmware and upload the configuration settings to get things back up and running quickly.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

SupremeOne

• Just arrived
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »

Hello everyone! Since I went from 4C0 I'm constantly having problems with my Develo 200 AV powerline/homeplug. I need to reboot my router every 2 or 3 days to have a connection. Besides the powerline my router is working fine so in the environment of the route I have a connection wireless/wired. 

So the only problem I have is with the equipment connected to the Devolo upstairs(Acces Point, PS4 etc) So just restarting the Devolo or resetting it doesn't work. I need to reboot the Zyxel while my connection is ok on the first floor. I'm getting desperate. It's very frustrating while I'm gaming.

I'm currently on 7c0 I've tried 6c0, 6b5, 6b3 all the same. Should I go back to 4c0?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »

>> Should I go back to 4c0?

If it was stable for you then you may as well.   You can use which ever version you like best.   Just remember that if you downgrade you will likely lose your config settings.

Im still running 6b1 which I find stable for my requirements.   I havent bothered updating any further due to the single telnet session that they supposedly introduced after that.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

SupremeOne

• Just arrived
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »

>> Should I go back to 4c0?

If it was stable for you then you may as well.   You can use which ever version you like best.   Just remember that if you downgrade you will likely lose your config settings.

Im still running 6b1 which I find stable for my requirements.   I havent bothered updating any further due to the single telnet session that they supposedly introduced after that.
It was stable for me besides the fact when I did a portforwarding my Voip didn't work anymore also I've an increased speed of couple mb/s with the newer firmwares. But the problem with the powerline isn't it a common problem? Is there anything I can do to solve it. It looks like the router doesn't recognize the Devolo powerline after a couple of days.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »

Another GUI bug that keeps cropping up in the latest 7C0 firmware for me...

I guess it's not ready for use.
Think I'll go back to a previous version later.

clonc

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2014, 09:19:49 AM »

Another GUI bug that keeps cropping up in the latest 7C0 firmware for me...

I guess it's not ready for use.
Think I'll go back to a previous version later.

DSL Statistics is working fine on my router....using 7C0 firmware it is very strange....

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »

I wonder if Simons problem could somehow have something to do with the max 1 telnet sessions that they introduced a couple of versions ago in 6b2
iirc Simon also uses DSLstats/HG612modemstats.   

The only reason I rolled back is that I found that for the first time I found that I was getting errors in dslstats and eventually the interface would lock up.  irrc ronski also encountered this same issue at the same time.  Since I rolled back to 6b1 I havent had a problem with the GUI & telnet lockups.

Ive already contacted Zyxel & put in a request to Zyxel that they increase the max telnet sessions but afaik theyve not done anything about it.

Perhaps more people need to contact Zyxel requesting more telnet sessions?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

SupremeOne

• Just arrived
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »

I wonder if Simons problem could somehow have something to do with the max 1 telnet sessions that they introduced a couple of versions ago in 6b2

The only reason I rolled back is that I found that for the first time I found that I was getting errors in dslstats and eventually the interface would lock up.  irrc ronski also encountered this same issue at the same time.  Since I rolled back to 6b1 I havent had a problem with the GUI & telnet lockups.

Ive already contacted Zyxel & put in a request to Zyxel that they increase the max telnet sessions but afaik theyve not done anything about it.

How can I contact them about this router.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2014, 12:18:33 PM »

I wish they would do away with what looks like a 'half finished' GUI and adopt something simple like Billion use, I'm sure it would speed it up no end.

Yes I use DSLStats occasionally so I've gone back to 6b1 and whilst not perfect it's probably the best so far.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:22:28 PM by simoncraddock »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66

anything