Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A Firmware

(1/197) > >>

kitz:
Ive decided to make a list of the firmwares for the VMG8324-B10A

Its now pretty well known that there are some issues with the default firmware, and its not my job to keep track of their firmware and constantly put it in PMs - especially when Zyxel are saying there isnt new firmware when there is.

So to save me the time of constantly repeating this Im making it public -  Ive spent too long trying to resolve the issues and then pass it on via PM.   If they want people to buy the router then Zyxel should make the firmware publicly available.

These are the versions of firmware that I have

1.   100AAKL2C0_20131205.bin      link
2.    V100AAKL3b2.bin      link
3.    V100AAKL4b1.bin   link
The above 3 must be installed in order. (3) wont work without (1) being installed first.
The following are cumulative and should work without earlier versions having to be installed:-

4.    V100AAKL4b2.bin  link - Stable / Recommended
5.    V100AAKL4C0.bin  link - Available from a Netherlands ISP but is in English
6.    V100AAKL5C0.bin  link - Available from a Netherlands ISP but is in English
7.    V100AAKL6b1.bin  link - Stable. Mirror
8.    V100AAKL6b2.bin  link
9.    V100AAKL6b3.bin  link
10.   V100AAKL6b4.bin  link
11.   V100AAKL6b5.bin  link
12.   V100AAKL6C0.bin - link - ftp://certified:zyxel@ftp.zyxel.it/firmware/VMG8924/
13.   V100AAKL7C0.bin - link - ftp://certified:zyxel@ftp.zyxel.it/firmware/VMG8924/V100AAKL7C0.bin
14.   V100AAKL8C0.bin - link - ftp://certified:zyxel@ftp.zyxel.it/firmware/VMG8924/

Please be aware that some of the above are beta versions and not officially released by ZyXel, so you install them at your own risk.

* Official Zyxel VMG8324 Download Library
* The most recent firmwares can usually be found at ftp://certified:zyxel@ftp.zyxel.it/firmware/VMG8924/
-----------------
Updates:
Thank you manny2003, Jereon06, Ronski, Navrett, Clonc for sharing.

Latest changelog (V100AAKL6b5.pdf)

kitz:
You may also need the following information:-

How to configure the ZyXel VMG8324-B10A for VDSL (UK).

I also recommend you use Chrome and not Firefox.   Firefox doesnt always save all the settings.

les-70:
  I notice that all  VMG8324-B10A firmwares and files have disappeared from the Zyxel web site and ftp sites  ???  . There was one a week or so ago!  I hope this just means that new ones will shortly appear.  It may help explain "nothing available" responses from them.   It is very helpful that Kitz  is making them available here. 

kitz:

--- Quote --- I notice that all  VMG8324-B10A firmwares and files have disappeared from the Zyxel web site and ftp sites
--- End quote ---

So they have, The only one I can find is 100AAKL0C0 which is the standard thats shipped with new routers.

iirc the one they had on offer previously was 1), so its a bit old hat now I guess as theres quite a few fixes since then. 3) had a lot of changes.
I cant understand why they havent made 4) available yet though, Ive had it nearly 4wks and it seems fine.

dmcdonnell:

--- Quote from: kitz on May 08, 2014, 08:05:57 PM ---Ive decided to make a list of the firmwares for the VMG8324-B10A............
--- End quote ---

Note: These firmware cannot be flashed to the Eircom F1000 banded version of this device from the web interface, an "invalid model id" error occurs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version