Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheadle (SK8) High Street excavations  (Read 1277 times)

hake

• Reg Member
  • Owzat! On ya way, back to the pavilion!
Cheadle (SK8) High Street excavations
« on: May 06, 2014, 07:46:27 PM »

The length of High Street on which the Gatley exchange is situated was recently excavated.  This has now been completed and High Street restored to use.  On the completion of the work which lasted two weeks, my ADSL2+ has become almost error free for the first time since April 2006 with no disconnections or interruptions.

In the past 19 days, there have been 24million FEC errors, 950 CRC errors and 800 HEC errors. I reckon this is pretty decent compared with what it was like previously.  RouterStats tells me that SNRM values are stable and constant.  Synch speeds are 8100kbps down and 888kbps up.

Prior to these works being completed, performance was unreliable with storms of errors occurring during mornings and early evenings during working days.  Uncorrectable errors were numerous and made Skype unusable.  Disconnections and interruptions were always liable to occur.

Then the situation became improved out of all recognition and Skype is now very usable.

Coincidence?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:59:03 PM by hake »
Windows XP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Cheadle (SK8) High Street excavations
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »

Could be.   I suppose it depends what work was being carried out.
.. and bonus that your dsl is more stable :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything