Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Downstream SNR margin fluctuations-which are normal?  (Read 18797 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Downstream SNR margin fluctuations-which are normal?
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 12:57:40 AM »

NewtronStar: PSD mask is particular frequiences higher power cut-back than other frequiences.

I know I have RFI from tones 1675 to 1760 and there a no bits being used and zero tones in use, is this a PSD mask ? and who or what determine's the power cut-back on those tones with hi RFI ?

cheers NS

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »

NewtronStar: PSD mask is particular frequiences higher power cut-back than other frequiences.

I know I have RFI from tones 1675 to 1760 and there a no bits being used and zero tones in use, is this a PSD mask ? and who or what determine's the power cut-back on those tones with hi RFI ?

cheers NS

@ NS

In the UK neither BT nor the LLU providers use Power cut back masks to control RFI.  Be*/O2 used to disable a known block for maritime by taking them completely out of use.  BTs solution is to use filters such as an RF3.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2014, 09:24:12 PM »

Quote from: NewtronStar
No. RFI is not PSD mask. PSD mask is signal power cut-back which aim is reduce RFI.
Quote from: kitz
In the UK neither BT nor the LLU providers use Power cut back masks to control RFI.
But PSD masks are used, beginning tones have significantly lower power output (U-shaped SNR and bit-loading graphs).

Best regards
konrado5

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2014, 10:24:52 PM »

cheers NS

@ NS

BTs solution is to use filters such as an RF3.

Just purchased one of those this evening, I'll not have any info on this device to see if it works or not until wednesday (14-05-2014) fingers crossed the SSFP markII works better with the BT80b installed and if not the members on the Kitz forum will know about it.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything