Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: TP-link TD-W9980 [now available]  (Read 139336 times)

Jaggies

Re: TP-link TD-W9980 [now available]
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2014, 08:03:59 PM »

I'm using a TD-W9980, and even blocking port 7547, and changing both the username, password etc, I still get "Connection Request OK" from http://router_wan_ip:7547/tr069

Will I need to reboot the router or something? There's no suggestion it's required when clicking "Save" after making the changes.

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »

Have you checked the external IP, not the internal one. It works still on Internal IP for me but not via the external IP which is what it is ment to do.

Jaggies

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »

It's the external IP I am checking - I'm on a fixed IP, so going to http://80.nnn.nn.nnn:7547/tr069 gives me "Connection Request OK".

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »

Wonder if there is a direct route to contact TP-Link this TR069 issue is over a year old it seems strange it hasn't been patched out by now.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »

Perhaps try checking from an external location by using http://canyouseeme.org/ in case it's doing nat loopback or something like that, and you're not really accessing the external IP.

Jaggies

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2014, 11:03:15 PM »

Good point, @ejs - I did wonder about that. I'll test it from work if I get the chance tomorrow.

[ETA.]
canyouseeme.org gives Error: I could not see your service on 80.nnn.nn.nnn on port (7547)
Reason: Connection timed out

bit

• Just arrived
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »

Hi all,

I have a 9980 but I can't manage to connect it to my Sky Fiber. Can anyone help me?

thanks!

zhadoom

• 38/4 Mb/s - HG612
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2015, 05:27:57 PM »

New firmware for TD-W9980 at Tplink website.

http://www.tplink.com/resources/software/TD-W9980_V1_141215.zip

Code: [Select]
    New Features/Enhancement:
    (1)Added some new ISP information.
    (2)Improved the compatibility with ISP OTE in Greece.
    Bug Fixed:
    (1)Fixed the bug that sometimes Youview can't be played in UK.
    (2)Fixed the bug that Internet can't work normally when PPP password was blank.
    (3)Fixed the bug that Diagnostic page may not be shown correctly sometimes.

mpmc

• There is a fault... with my brain.
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »

New firmware for TD-W9980 at Tplink website.

http://www.tplink.com/resources/software/TD-W9980_V1_141215.zip

Code: [Select]
    New Features/Enhancement:
    (1)Added some new ISP information.
    (2)Improved the compatibility with ISP OTE in Greece.
    Bug Fixed:
    (1)Fixed the bug that sometimes Youview can't be played in UK.
    (2)Fixed the bug that Internet can't work normally when PPP password was blank.
    (3)Fixed the bug that Diagnostic page may not be shown correctly sometimes.

Flashed today and so far all is well. The diag page works now at least.

I'm waiting for the openwrt guys release a firmware for it now..
VM + BT via rotting aluminium/copper blend, hmm tasty!

impossible

• Just arrived
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2015, 09:08:48 AM »

I picked up a TD-W8980 and used vs1 and zadoom's info provided http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14461.0 to cross flash to a W9980.

I bought it from a stationary retailer (Begins with S and you use them to staple paper togeather) in the UK delivered for £49.99 (dont forget your quidco)

I had a shock when I went to install it on Friday and couldn't get it to PPOE to my ISP, turned out they were having authentication issues and had to wait for them to resolve the issue :)

Imp

freezergeezer

• Just arrived
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2015, 04:41:21 PM »

Wondering if someone can shed some light on whether I need to worry about some advanced settings for the W9980 in a BT Infinity environment please ?

I put this in about a week ago to replace a BT Homehub 5 that had just started an endless cycle of rebooting (cycling between blue/green/amber flashing lights).  Anyway, I downloaded the latest firmware, and used the Quick Setup for a BT install as per guidance.  It all works but since I connected it all up my sync speed has gradually slowed down from 80Mbps to 40 and upload has gone down to about a third of what it was to 8Mbps.

To be honest, the slowdown started before I got the new router (it started when the HH5 started going loopy - about 5 days before I put in the TP-Link) but I thought the slow-down would have stopped and started to recover to what it used to be as I've "fixed" the router issue ????

BT is coming to check things out but before they do (and before I get charged for it being the fault of a poorly configured router), anyone have any idea what might be going on ?  I've seen some discussions about SRA and Bit Swapping and Annex's. Should SRA and BitSwapping be On or Off ? (I've tried both - currently both off).   And it's set up for "Annex A/B/L/M".  Is that correct ?  I've attached screenshots of my settings and status.  Would REALLY appreciate any insight you might have please...

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »

Bit swap and SRA should both be enabled. Bit swapping is such a basic feature of ADSL nevermind VDSL2, that I think it would be very unusual for there to be a need to disable that. I expect the Annex A/B/L/M setting is fine.

I don't know why TP-Link don't enable that "SPI Firewall" by default. A statefull firewall is a pretty basic feature of a router, it seems like such a glaring omission if it really doesn't have a proper firewall by default.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »

Agreed. Bitswap should definitely be On. SRA doesn't work yet so doesn't matter but On won't hurt.

Turn Bitswap on and do a resync.

freezergeezer

• Just arrived
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2015, 09:36:40 AM »

Thanks very much !  So whatever else is wrong is likely on the line or at least BT's problem !  I can call them out with confidence :-) Cheers....

pcourtney

« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »

have just installed a W9980, very impressed, everything works pretty nice

but one thing that worries me a little is if Vectoring is going to be added to the firmware by TP-Link anytime soon ??

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/08/bt-start-uk-phase-2-vectoring-trials-boost-fibre-broadband-speeds.html
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14