Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: TP-link TD-W9980 [now available]  (Read 139677 times)

licquorice

• Reg Member
Re: TP-link TD-W9980 [now available]
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »

Why are you re-booting the router?  Have a look in USB settings> Storage sharing see if that will help.

mishka

• Just arrived
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2015, 05:14:54 PM »

I'm not rebooting my router  :) But you know, sometimes electricity may be down or such things.. Yes, I know it should be rare, still I would like to avoid reconfiguration of Kodi after that.

I can define shares if I will disable "anonymous sharing" check box and I don't have any problems with that. But again, when I define a share I'm asked to select a volume and to select a folder on it. "To select volume" means to select between sda1 and sdb1, as they are connected now. If, from some reason (e.g. reboot) volume will get a different block device names then this share will cease to work.

Never mind, I guess I will have to suffer it. Or, maybe, I will buy a normal NAS device, will disassemble my USB drives (those are WD external USB drives) and will put them into that NAS..

digitalis

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2016, 12:23:23 AM »

FAO Kitz, if I remember you have a contact in TPLink who supplied the beta fw that supported MER for Sky?

Do you have any idea if they're likely to add support MER in later f/w's? As I'm stuck on 150413 without G.INP support for now :(

Thanks in advance

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2016, 12:53:43 AM »

I'm afraid my main contact was with the guy who rolled out the g.inp f/w for the TD-W9970 and Im not sure if he had anything to do with the MER releases. 
Unfortunately he has since moved to elsewhere within TPlink, but Ive fired off an email tonight to another contact to see if that person has any info. 
Will get back to you if I hear anything.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

digitalis

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2016, 04:34:40 PM »

Thank you.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2016, 12:23:06 AM »

Got a reply back.  Not that they are aware of, but I wrote back explaining that Openreach appear to have started rolling out g.inp to their ECI cabs now and eventually all Openreach FTTC cabs will require g.inp compatible modems.   I also explained that anyone on Sky needed MER support to be able to use their TD-W9980.   He has now taken it up with their Head Office.  Will keep you informed.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Mooingall

« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2016, 10:05:46 AM »

Published Date 25/01/16

Bug Fixed:
 1.Fixed the bug that can not get the IPv6 Gateway within ZEN of UK.
 2.Fixed the bug that DSL error packet shows abnormal.
 3.Fixed the bug that can not get the DNSv6 and LAN IPv6 prefix automatically.

Notes :
1.For TD-W9980(UN)_V1
2.Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrating.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TD-W9980.html#Firmware
http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/TD-W9980_V1_160125.zip

I don't recall seeing this last week. Any thoughts on what the "(UN)" might be?

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »

UN is what TP-Link use to indicate it's universal firmware for all countries, rather than for a specific country (UK) or region (EU). I found 160125 was on the global TP-Link website, but not the UK one.

It still contains DSL firmware xcpe_574306_571801.bin, so no vectoring support.

Mooingall

« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2016, 09:02:05 PM »

Thanks for the info Ejs.

I updated anyhow, interestingly I now see a metric buttload of "DSL Downstream Errors (Pkts)" on the main page, currently 170359 within a few seconds of getting a IP.

I don't think I have ever seen it not say zero even after months of uptime.

Edit, 3 upstream errors appeared a few mins later - again I have never seen it ever say anything but 0.

Was error counting, completely broken before?

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2016, 09:15:03 PM »

Error count displaying in the web interface was broken. The bug was in the HTML/JavaScript code. StatPOSTer could get the error counts.

It looks like the 160125 firmware should now be displaying CRC error counts for the current showtime - the ability to get stats covering the current showtime was added to the TP-Link layer.

Mooingall

« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »

Yes deffo showing the errors now which is nice, one thing worth noting is losing DSL connection apparently resets the error count  :shrug2:

I guess it makes sense but there is no trace of the old count anywhere, they could have dumped it to the logs before clearing it.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2016, 09:54:09 PM »

Got a reply back.  Not that they are aware of, but I wrote back explaining that Openreach appear to have started rolling out g.inp to their ECI cabs now and eventually all Openreach FTTC cabs will require g.inp compatible modems.   I also explained that anyone on Sky needed MER support to be able to use their TD-W9980.   He has now taken it up with their Head Office.  Will keep you informed.

The response from Head Office is they will not be updating MER on the TD-W9980 and are currently only supporting MER for Sky on the VR200/VR900/VR600/VR2600  :(
-----

digitalis

« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2016, 07:02:08 PM »

Oh man that sucks. Thanks anyway Kitz :)

z1ts

• Reg Member
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2016, 06:33:33 AM »

Well!  I've taken the plunge about a week ago & bought a 9980 for my work premises.

So far so good!  Very impressed - noticable improvement in network speeds (old Technicolor 'thing' was only 10/100 - no GigE...)

Just one question which I dont seem to be able to find a definitive answer on:- the 4th LAN/WAN ethernet socket that is (manufacturer quote) "an interchangable LAN/WAN port" - how does one ensure that it is configured as a LAN port and not a WAN port??

Probably been staring me in the face for a while, but I've probably got 'brain-fade' by now!!

TVM in advace

z1ts

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2016, 07:49:56 AM »

The functionality of the LAN/WAN Ethernet port is set according to the "Operation Mode" setting:

xDSL Modem Router Mode - 4th Ethernet LAN port
Wireless Router Mode - Ethernet WAN port
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

anything