Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: help with my stats needed  (Read 47301 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: help with my stats needed
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »

It was preceded by quite an increase in SNRM.
Almost as though something had been switched off & back on again.

Maybe a neighbour rebooted their modem/router, relieving crosstalk for a short while, then causing it again with an increased vengeance due to a higher sync speed?

FWIW, the FULL__Monty montage provides a little more information that might be relevant.

perry081064

« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2014, 05:58:12 PM »

It was preceded by quite an increase in SNRM.
Almost as though something had been switched off & back on again.

Maybe a neighbour rebooted their modem/router, relieving crosstalk for a short while, then causing it again with an increased vengeance due to a higher sync speed?

FWIW, the FULL__Monty montage provides a little more information that might be relevant.

my thoughts exactly , its as if something had been power cycled , there does seem to be more virgin media users on my street rather than FTTC but that doesnt mean much i suppose.

i recall the last time i noticed this type of event was just over a month ago, around 10am , again the weather wasnt bad and no machinery operating nearby.

anyway , i have included the full monty this time as advised and thanks again for taking the time to eye these over BE  :)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »

my thoughts exactly , its as if something had been power cycled , there does seem to be more virgin media users on my street rather than FTTC but that doesnt mean much i suppose.

i recall the last time i noticed this type of event was just over a month ago, around 10am , again the weather wasnt bad and no machinery operating nearby.

anyway , i have included the full monty this time as advised and thanks again for taking the time to eye these over BE  :)

Just a thought..............................

Do you or a nearby neighbour have smart meters that 'phone home' once a month?

Is the increased noise/bitswapping as shown in the graphs a daily occurrence or does that also only happen once a month?

You have my email address don't you?
If so, could you zip your complete modem_stats.log & email it to me for a closer look?

If not, send me a PM with your own email address & I'll respond accordingly.

perry081064

« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2014, 06:51:07 PM »

Just a thought..............................

Do you or a nearby neighbour have smart meters that 'phone home' once a month?

Is the increased noise/bitswapping as shown in the graphs a daily occurrence or does that also only happen once a month?

You have my email address don't you?
If so, could you zip your complete modem_stats.log & email it to me for a closer look?

If not, send me a PM with your own email address & I'll respond accordingly.

im pretty sure no one in my near location has those meters and im attaching a full monty of the last 20 days regarding the bitswapping issue.

pm ing you now BE :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:20:24 PM by perry081064 »

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »

Just a thought. The possible resync of another modem in the vicinity ties in with whats been reported by a few peeps on the forum recently? Modems resyncing due to firmware updates.... :hmm:

perry081064

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »

Just an update:

I had to have a full electrics test on the house today for legal reasons.
so obviously the modem , router , server etc needed to be powered down for a few hours rather than having several disconnects.

i was hoping after the modem being up for well over forty days that interleave wouldnt rise , however on reconnection im gutted to find its gone up again from 1009 to 1024  :'(

... seems my modem really doesnt like being powered down at all , the last time was when the modem firmware was updated , then it was 950 rising to 1009 and only powered down once.

it really doesnt seem to drop , only rise , and even then only 1 disconnect seems to do it  :'(

im just hoping i never get a powercut now  :baby:

perry081064

« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »

just an update from my previous posts.

interleave has continued to stay at 1021 ( my last post stated 1024 but i meant to type 1021 ).
no resync , no dropouts .

however , my SNRM seems to be getting lower .  it used to hover from 5.9 to 6.8 but has recently dropped to an all time low of 5.6 ( and thats in sunny weather so god help me when we get rain or storms)

looking at my stats , theres not much to see that you havent already seen before but will post if required.

perry081064

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »

UPDATE :

after using BT's line fault checker , it showed i had a line fault and asked me what the fault was.
i ticked noise.
2 days later i had a phone call from a BT tech to tell me he had fixed the fault and it was wet lines at the green cab.
i explained to him i had been suffering from interleave for a while that had reduced my speeds on infinity and he advised to wait a few days to see if speeds returned to normal.
As he was only a phone tech he couldnt arrange a DLM reset , but im hoping things may now turn around over the next few days.

wish me luck !

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2014, 02:50:57 PM »

Good luck! :)
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]