Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: help with my stats needed  (Read 47465 times)

custard

• Geeky Dentist
Re: help with my stats needed
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »

The HLog looks fine.

Looking further at your stats it looks like you had a modem reboot not a resync as "Since Link time" is same as "Total time". If you had a resync then "Total time" would be higher than "Since Link time".

We don't normally see the modem reboot on its own unless a fault has occurred with the modem, or power has been lost or the firmware has been upgraded.

You haven't had a firmware upgrade as the version is still showing the same. An outage at the cab/exchange should not cause your modem to reboot.

BTagent in the firmware if installed can instigate a remote modem reboot i.e when automatically upgrading firmware.

perry081064

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 05:57:27 PM »

BTagent in the firmware if installed can instigate a remote modem reboot i.e when automatically upgrading firmware.

i see where you are coming from , however this firmware has the btagent removed ( unless it can access some other way)

however , i found this in the router logs...
"Couldn't get channel number: Transport endpoint is not connected" , and on checking google it seems one customer had a short in the cable going to the pole causing the disconnects and was getting the same message.
if its of any value though, it seems he was using the same router as me , a billion 7800n with firmware 1.06h.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 07:41:35 PM »

I would not be happy with an Hlog like that perry081064 there seems to be two large missing chunks of tones at -97dB, I will upload my Hlog as a guide.

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »

I don't think that's a problem NS, He just does not seem to be showing upstream frequencies for hlog and QLN. Probably just needs to adjust a setting in dslstats to bring them up.

perry081064

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2014, 07:46:31 PM »

thanks, i can see the difference , however as im new to all this i wouldnt know what a hlog is even showing me let alone if its showing errors.
i think i seriously need to start learning fast  :-[

... so whats it all mean, im clueless to be honest :(.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:48 PM »

I don't think that's a problem NS, He just does not seem to be showing upstream frequencies for hlog and QLN. Probably just needs to adjust a setting in dslstats to bring them up.

Your spot on Custard  ;D

perry081064

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2014, 07:59:11 PM »

Your spot on Custard  ;D

i had got everything ticked to be honest so i dont know why they arent showing  :-[

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »

i had got everything ticked to be honest so i dont know why they arent showing  :-[

Me thinks this maybe due to the way older firmware is perceived by the stats software, I do have the latest HG612 firmware installed.

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »

probably because the DSLAM is configured not to report this values.

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »

Me thinks this maybe due to the way older firmware is perceived by the stats software, I do have the latest HG612 firmware installed.

I plan to downgrade to the older firmware later tonight so i'll let you know if that's the case...

In the meantime Perry could you upload the QLN data or HLog data from the tabs under telnet data incase the modem is not reporting it to dslstats.

Otherwise if you are familiar with using hyperterminal or putty then telnet into the router and send these commands after logging in:

sh
xdslcmd info --QLN
xdslcmd info --Hlog

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2014, 08:27:40 PM »

probably because the DSLAM is configured not to report this values.
That could be the case! I was finding a similar issue for upload data with the ECI/r and ECI/I. They seem not to report the values from the MSAN.

perry081064

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2014, 08:39:17 PM »

I plan to downgrade to the older firmware later tonight so i'll let you know if that's the case...

In the meantime Perry could you upload the QLN data or HLog data from the tabs under telnet data incase the modem is not reporting it to dslstats.

Otherwise if you are familiar with using hyperterminal or putty then telnet into the router and send these commands after logging in:

sh
xdslcmd info --QLN
xdslcmd info --Hlog

im only allowed to send 2000 chars , no matter how i try i cant upload those to website or send them via pm  :no:

...if you could pm me an email address, i will send them via that if thats acceptable?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:43:20 PM by perry081064 »

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2014, 08:45:26 PM »

How about saving it in notepad and attaching the txt file?

You asked about what HLog shows.

It can show signs of a bridge tap. This can be detected by a erratic decline in the HLOg. The bridge tap is extra cabling in the wiring between modem and the cabinet. An example would be an extension running from behind the master socket.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:50:47 PM by custard »

perry081064

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »

How about saving it in notepad and attaching the txt file?

oops sorry, i was having a blonde moment  :-[

attachments enclosed .

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »

I've had a glance at your hlog data and it does not show any upload tones. It does not look like an issue with dslstats so either what Morphium or NS said would be right.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

anything