Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: help with my stats needed  (Read 47404 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: help with my stats needed
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »

initially, without even taking your assessment into account,  i would say this firmware is treating me a lot better than the old one.
its still early days but i suspect interleave will relent eventually though.

Hi perry your Interleave Depth should decrease with the HG612 modem kept on 24/7, I had an issue in early may which caused my Interleaving to increase from 500 to 1200 and the INP: from 3 to 8, it took longer than expected 17 days but I did turn off the HG612 modem during the 14 days wait and it's all back to normal  ;D

perry081064

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2014, 11:40:06 PM »

Hi perry your Interleave Depth should decrease with the HG612 modem kept on 24/7, I had an issue in early may which caused my Interleaving to increase from 500 to 1200 and the INP: from 3 to 8, it took longer than expected 17 days but I did turn off the HG612 modem during the 14 days wait and it's all back to normal  ;D

hope so , coming up to 24 days now with no change as yet  ( interleaved at 1009 imp 8 )
and no resync at all in that timeframe.

perry081064

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2014, 01:38:55 PM »

31 days and still no change  >:(

..... may be best to update monthly methinks  :(

all in all though , if nothing else, getting rid of the HH5 stopped all the drop outs , speeds havent flinched since getting rid of that  :).

perry081064

« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »

its been 34 days now and to be honest i cant see anything changing.
should i power down the modem for 30 mins and see if it improves things or leave well alone and be thankful for what ive got ?

heres my stats for the last 2 weeks...

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2014, 10:38:35 PM »

I can't understand perry08106 when looking at your full monty it's doing much better than my 3 year old 40/10 895m line yet your interleave seems stuck it should have decreased by now.

MY interleave depth is at 595 and I have much more errors in a 24 hour period than yourself.

and yes I would turn off Modem and Router for 30 mins or overnight though it looks like the interleaving is stuck at 1000  :-\

EDIT: there is something not quite right with your upstream U1 band it should have more bits and snr than the U2 band  ???
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:51:26 PM by NewtronStar »

perry081064

« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2014, 11:14:32 PM »

I can't understand perry08106 when looking at your full monty it's doing much better than my 3 year old 40/10 895m line yet your interleave seems stuck it should have decreased by now.

it is strange , and im pretty sure im less than 300m away from the cab , and thats adding around 50m for any detour

to be honest , i reckon ive been interleaved for over 3 months , although i didnt have an unlocked modem i checked my download results on speedtest and was getting 60 down just before i had the HH5 , 

MY interleave depth is at 595 and I have much more errors in a 24 hour period than yourself.

and yes I would turn off Modem and Router for 30 mins or overnight though it looks like the interleaving is stuck at 1000  :-\

its looking that way , just wondered if anyone else has the same view as yourself before i pull the plug

EDIT: there is something not quite right with your upstream U1 band it should have more bits and snr than the U2 band  ???

not sure if thats related to crosstalk or not , hopefully BE1 could check that , pretty sure he mentioned crosstalk a few posts back
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:21:20 PM by perry081064 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2014, 11:20:53 PM »

there is something not quite right with your upstream U1 band it should have more bits and snr than the U2 band

Power cut back & PSD masks. Mines the same.

----
Edit

Just seen your post above..  "im less than 300m away from the cab "
It will be power cut back.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:23:08 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

perry081064

« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2014, 11:27:55 PM »

thanks for that Kitz  :)

i take it thats because i dont need the extra power and it helps to reduce xtalk for others on the cab ?

regarding the distance , im being pretty generous regarding distance , i could be standing by that cab in 3 mins ... and i dont walk fast  ;)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »

Perry081064 there is something when your interleaved and it's this ->

when you sync higher the interleave will be higher for example

My   Sync is   30484 kbps and interleaveing depth is 595
Your Sync is   51601 kbps and interleaving depth is 1000

now if I sync at 28000 kbps my interleaving depth will decrease to 450
but still even with the above information you should have had a lower interleaving or even been moved to fastpath in 14 days as long as you kept the modem on 24/7

perry081064

« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:16 AM »

Perry081064 there is something when your interleaved and it's this ->

when you sync higher the interleave will be higher for example

My   Sync is   30484 kbps and interleaveing depth is 595
Your Sync is   51601 kbps and interleaving depth is 1000

now if I sync at 28000 kbps my interleaving depth will decrease to 450
but still even with the above information you should have had a lower interleaving or even been moved to fastpath in 14 days as long as you kept the modem on 24/7

i agree and yes the modem has been on ever since the firmware change 34 days ago.

before the latest firmware was installed , the interleave was at 950 iirc , on reboot the interleave was at 1009 and remained there since.
there was a resync in my plink log later on that afternoon at around 5pm , although it didnt show directly on the stats and also didnt change anything.

so where to go from here is the question, if i power down the modem i run the risk of an even higher interleave running from my history so far.
failing that , could it be possible for my interleave to be reduced in a few months time rather than a few weeks ?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2014, 12:20:51 AM »

i take it thats because i dont need the extra power and it helps to reduce xtalk for others on the cab

It depends on line length.. and since yours probably is in a similar length range to my own and classed as short(ish) then its to protect longer lines.

I havent read the whole thread as Ive just got back and am still catching up on posts, so apologies if Im covering old ground or something someone else has already said.   But Ive just seen your QLN which to me doesnt look quite right in the first 400 tones.   Your downstream is a tad lower than Id anticipate for a <300m line.

My immediate first impression would be crosstalk, but it could also be interference from other sources.   With your line being interleaved that will be taking up some of the available speed...  and also keeping your E/Secs count down.   I think it may be a case of watching what happens with your SNRm and how much it fluctuates.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

perry081064

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »

i take it thats because i dont need the extra power and it helps to reduce xtalk for others on the cab

It depends on line length.. and since yours probably is in a similar length range to my own and classed as short(ish) then its to protect longer lines.

I havent read the whole thread as Ive just got back and am still catching up on posts, so apologies if Im covering old ground or something someone else has already said.   But Ive just seen your QLN which to me doesnt look quite right in the first 400 tones.   Your downstream is a tad lower than Id anticipate for a <300m line.

My immediate first impression would be crosstalk, but it could also be interference from other sources.   With your line being interleaved that will be taking up some of the available speed...  and also keeping your E/Secs count down.   I think it may be a case of watching what happens with your SNRm and how much it fluctuates.

crosstalk was BE1's thoughts as the cab is around 2 years old now , ive been here a year and was getting 67 down for around 3 months then it dropped to 60 .
after trying the HH5 and it constantly rebooting , it would appear that iether something happened to my line /cab or the HH5 was the problem.
as for monitoring the snrm , what youve seen already is consistant with the last few months, only spiking and dropping when its raining to pick up gradually over the coming days .

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2014, 12:42:11 AM »

could it be possible for my interleave to be reduced in a few months time rather than a few weeks ?

I myself would just keep the modem on for as long as you can and if things change you will get a retrain/resync anyway at some stage, so follow what Kitz has posted and keep the stats running.

perry081064

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »

yes i think thats the way to go , im getting more than enough speed for what i need anyway  :)

perry081064

« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »

well , i noticed a big drop in SNRM last night around 10pm.

ive seen this happen on randomly before , it can happen at any time and usually drops my downstream SNRM down to 5.8 after climbing up to around 6.9 .
this happens roughly one a month and theres never a given reason as to why , the weather is fine , nothing inside the house had been powered up/down or changed  .
no reboot or resync in over 40 days.

im just wondering if this is the reason my interleave wont drop ?.

ive included stats of the past 24 hours and can supply stats for the past 3 weeks if required.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

anything