Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ncap Car Tests.  (Read 3986 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Ncap Car Tests.
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »

Put your car details in this to check the safety rating.  :'(

http://www.euroncap.com/tests.aspx

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Ncap Car Tests.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »

My car isnt listed.... in fact it seems a bit thin on the ground when it comes to any Vauxhall other than the astra.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »

Yup, same here ....... just input my two most recent cars (Very popular make/model) and neither were listed ??

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »

yep..  the only Ford listed is the Focus...  me thinks they are missing a lot of data :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:50:37 PM »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 11:19:56 PM »

Trouble with NCAP is they test crashing into a solid barrier, which is similar to a head on crash with an identical car to your own.   But if you are driving a large heavy car and crash into a small one, it is more (for you) like crashing into a soft and comfy cushion as the smaller car will just fold up under the onslaught.

But for the smaller car, it's a bit like being the cushion.  The smaller car, and occupants, largely becomes the larger car's 'crumple zone', I'm not sure NCAP tests reflect that. :-\

That said, my last car looked the spitting image of the NCAP crash test car, following a head on collision in which it died (other driver's fault!).   Cabin deformation and suspension intrusion was exactly as predicted.   Airbags deployed as intended and even my (none serious) injuries were consistent, 'risk of soft tissue at lower legs' iirc, and indeed I had impressive  big lumps and bumps on my shins, where my legs were thrown against the facia, but no broken bones.   I hasten to add other driver not seriously hurt either.    :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »

yep..  the only Ford listed is the Focus...  me thinks they are missing a lot of data :/
Our B-Max is there.
There are 17 ford cars.  :'( You select Ford in the drop down list then in the other drop down list you have 17 to choose from .

I know because I was looking at a KA compared to a Corsa  for my Daughter.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:00:19 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 07:55:53 PM »

My car isnt listed.... in fact it seems a bit thin on the ground when it comes to any Vauxhall other than the astra.
There is 15 of them. :-\

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 08:05:27 PM »

Im not sure where Ive gone wrong then, because this is all I see :(
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 08:18:18 PM »

Oh Ive just had a look under *cant find your car* and whilst there is a vauxhall corsa listed there..  its dated 2000 for the corsa B & therefore I dont consider that relevant. 

Theres been 2 major redesigns of body shape since then, and having owned a corsa b and corsa d I really dont consider the two are in any way similar when it comes to design and safety.

This

is nothing like this, which is actually slightly larger and has many more features.
-----

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »

I took my driving lessons (when I tried having them) in a corsa, and after a few months BSM required my instructor to replace his corsa with the new version, which had the same engine but a considerably heavier bodyshell and it ruined the car. I had to put the accelerator to the floor to get any kind of response from it and the handling was sluggish and felt more like trying to turn a cruise ship than a car.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 09:42:03 PM »

I remember pre Corsa...The Nova.  We once hired one to go and see Sheffield Wednesday play at Cardiff..4 of us in it and 2 cases of beer  :drink:  :D   What a day out that was.

I have had in the past 3 Astra cars and an Astra Van,all have been excellent.The last one I had was a 1.6 automatic.Had it for 8 years.It was nearly new when I got it and the price was one I couldn't refuse.Having driven automatics in Florida I didn't have any second thoughts about getting one,the only down side is fuel economy is not as good as manual versions.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 03:34:58 PM »

Im not sure where Ive gone wrong then, because this is all I see :(
I did not use the first drop down eg.'small family car' as you have.