Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HG612 ModemStats with ZyXel VMG8324-B10A  (Read 7111 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: HG612 ModemStats with ZyXel VMG8324-B10A
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »

Hope Im not speaking out of turn and stepping on any paws/talons.

Not speaking out of turn at all as far as the one with talons is concerned  :)

@ les, I dont think its quite ready yet as BE has to make a few final tweaks, but he is almost there and the hardwork has been done.

Its mostly down to error logging files (which hopefully soon wont be needed) and speed of PC.   BE is developing 3 speed settings to cope with different CPU speeds.  Although saying that my fast PC also works fine with medium too, so its looking good.

The extra debugging files will still be available, with a user selectable option to swich them off/minimise the amount of data.
They can rapidly become quite large.

I think ronski just then needs to make a few changes to his GUI and its ready to go.

Yep, that the current position, but the programs CAN be used if users are happy to manually edit the ini file for now.

atm Im making any changes manually via the .ini  & just trying to see if I can break it in slow mode too  :D

I do hope you can break it when running in SLOW mode as that would then justify the time spent to deal with a problem that may/may not actually exist  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: HG612 ModemStats with ZyXel VMG8324-B10A
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 12:59:46 AM »

Just downloaded my mail - thanks BE.   Will give 18g a whirl and get back to you asap.

---

So far so good. 

I do hope you can break it when running in SLOW mode
Running in slow with logging off.  Nightly backup are complete so the PC should be idle now, gonna let it run over night.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:25:18 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything