Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Firefox  (Read 2147 times)

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
Firefox
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:22:30 PM »

I wonder if anyone has the same problem as me? I regularly browse a sailing forum, in particular the sub forum dealing with the open source program OpenCPN. Just recently probably at the same time as FF went to version 28, updating of all pages on that forum has become painfully slow. Confusingly this also coincided with the forum inserting lots of ads.
Kitz forum still updates snappily but the Cruisers Forum is dreadful. If I use IE it is much better which points to FF being the bottleneck. I've asked the question on their forum and several members have the same complaint. I'm inclined to think an option has been reset with the FF28 update probably to do with the cache but why does it only affect this forum? If anyone has the time or inclination could you see if FF28 does the same for you. The link you might try is
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/ Many thanks.
Tony

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Firefox
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »

Hi Tony.  :)

Just used your link in both FF 28 and also Chrome.They both loaded pretty quick,probably Chrome was slightly quicker loading photos.I also clicked on one or two forum posts and they opened and displayed quite quick.

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »

Tony,  I just tried the link in FF28 and it still hasn't loaded  !! I'm having lots of problems with FF of late and tend to use Opera 12.6 (recommended by Unc  :) ) same link loaded in 9 sconds in Opera. 

I've emptied the cache and everything else you're supposed to empty, but FF still runs painfully slowly -- it feels as though the more progress they make with updating versions they take a retrograde step in quality   ::)

:)
It's today that matters !

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »

I just tried it on FF28, and it loaded OK - not exactly snappy, but not achingly slow either.
  Eric

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »

Thanks everyone. Not sure if I can draw a conclusion yet. Maybe I'll try Opera!
Tony