Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DSLstats - SNRm per band  (Read 9739 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: DSLstats - SNRm per band
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »

And if you want to see a problematic Line with SNRM issues look no further, again it's one hour before the sun sets and you can see the gremlins starting to come to life  >:(

I can fully sympathise and really wish there was something that would sort it for you.   Ive so been were you are... apart from mine generally got as the day warmed up.

I wasnt complaining in the slightest when I started this thread, its just that since putting the Zyxel on, my stats are a fair bit better and theres hardly even any tiny little bumps at all.  Im just keeping an eye open as to how the line is performing v the HG612.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

I wasnt complaining in the slightest when I started this thread,

I know your not complaining  :) I just fired in my graph to show others what a good looking SNRM per Band line looks like compared to my longer line that's doing ok but with some issues, the more Graphs I see from others the better my understanding of Modem Stat Graphs  ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:45:10 PM by NewtronStar »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »

That looks like a bug. The DSLstats version of pbParams is merely reformatted for readability, but it seems to have messed up the SNR line. I'll take a look at it.

I've fixed this bug now, and tested it with the raw CLI data which you posted earlier. The DSLstats formatted version is now correct.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:16 AM »

I've fixed this bug now, and tested it with the raw CLI data which you posted earlier. The DSLstats formatted version is now correct.

Thank you eric, although Im not clear that if you are saying the version available from your site is the one I should be downloading?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »

I am a bit confused on this topic but I notice that my dslstats values of pbParams never updates and stays at the start values.  Is this what has/is being fixed?  It is rather obvious on my connection as my snrm drops by about 3db in total  each morning at regular times when two neighbors power up their modems, the attainable correspondingly drops by 12 Mb/s

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »

Thank you eric, although Im not clear that if you are saying the version available from your site is the one I should be downloading?

Sorry, I haven't uploaded the fixed version yet. I was intending to leave it until the next release, but if you need it now, please let me know.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »

I am a bit confused on this topic but I notice that my dslstats values of pbParams never updates and stays at the start values.  Is this what has/is being fixed?  It is rather obvious on my connection as my snrm drops by about 3db in total  each morning at regular times when two neighbors power up their modems, the attainable correspondingly drops by 12 Mb/s

This is not associated with the issue discussed above. Do you have "Stats per band" and "SNRM per band" ticked in the pbParams section of "Items to monitor"?
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 10:33:50 AM »

Thanks I have now and it works now.  I was not expecting to have to tick that for it to update in the telnet tab. 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:57 AM »

Those ticks define what commands are sent to the router. In each of the sections, if none of the items are ticked then that particular command isn't sent. In the pbParams section the first item "Auto detect band plans" is always ticked but greyed out, which is meant to indicate that the command is always sent just once to determine if it's a VDSL2 connection and to get the band plan data.
  Eric

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »

used this tool now after having issues with graph creation on BE's tool, is not a bad app.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »

Sorry, I haven't uploaded the fixed version yet. I was intending to leave it until the next release, but if you need it now, please let me know.

Thats fine thanks, I can wait... just wasnt sure if you had or not.  :)
-----
Pages: 1 [2]

anything