Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Comments on routers  (Read 10100 times)

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
Re: Comments on routers
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »

You can change the DNS servers on your PC/Mac. The stability of the AR7 chipset was always a favorite and with the release of the new firmware, the stability and ability to hold onto a long line will be there.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

setecio

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »

I believe it may be worth waiting for a release from Netgear regarding a firmware flash of their AR7 chip set routers namely the DG834 in the next week or so before determining a purchase.

I've just been talking to someone who ordered a DG834G from Dabs last week, they have now received it and it is the v4, yes v4 ritten on the bottom of it. So, now if you order a DG834G, you won't know if it is the AR7 (v3) or the broadcom (v4) chipset. It will be OK if the new broadcom chipset in the v4 performs as well or better in these areas, and if it turns out to be as good as the broadcom chipset in the speedtouch 585v6 then great.

It will be interesting to see results from the DG834G v4 appearing, hopefully on this forum, so we can see how well it performs.

Oh yes ... and then rumours of a replacement for the speedtouch 585v6 is hitting the market soon .....  ???
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:42:29 AM by setecio »

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »

Oh yes ... and then rumours of a replacement for the speedtouch 585v6 is hitting the market soon .....  ???

The new replacement works a lot better than the current model with new firmware updates as well. It will be worth looking out for.

richw

• Just arrived
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »

Azzaka, do you know the model number and a release date for 585 replacement?

graevine1

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 07:25:57 PM »

Hio all, Maplin have got the Netgear DG834G Ver 3 software thats on it ends in 28 So thats my up to date, obviously you can flash with Version ending 30 but its probably best to wait for the version we understand is just about to be released. I understand that the DG834G Ver4 is broadcom chipset.
Hope this helps.

DrTeeth

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »

Azzaka, do you know the model number and a release date for 585 replacement?

I do... go here http://www.thomson.net/GlobalEnglish/Products/dsl-modems-gateways/residential_multi_user_wiFi/Pages/default.aspx

Not much to go on, data sheet d/l needs a login.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 01:17:24 PM »

The  new SpeedTouch routers are due out by march for the 5x6 series and the 585 series. The 780wl replacement will be due out in the 4th quarter.

richw

• Just arrived
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 02:21:34 PM »

Thanks very much Azzaka  :thumbs:

setecio

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »

Does anyone have any early inside knowledge about the DG834G v4 and how it performs ?

DrTeeth

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 11:28:51 PM »

I should be getting one soon. Trouble is that dabs.com is the only place to have confirmed that they have the v4 in stock...awaiting two other (preferable) retailers.

I have already found out how to access the CLi. This may enable the use of the version of DMT that supports the DG 834GT. If not, there is a CLi command to adjust the SNRM anyway.

I soooo want the v4, I almost completed the order with dabs.com; sanity prevailed though.

I'll be happy to post here a week or so after its commissioning, if I can remember that is  :crazy:.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Pages: 1 [2]