Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problem with Ad-block and /or Ad-block Plus in Chrome  (Read 5578 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Problem with Ad-block and /or Ad-block Plus in Chrome
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:30:24 AM »

I'm using the Chrome browser mainly.  Opera started playing silly fools (12.6 version - I can't get  on with the latest version.)   Firefox went pear shaped a while ago. There is a common denominator here   :D   Moi  !!   ::)

The problem I'm having in  Chrome is that both  Ad-block and  Ad-block plus  ( I have only one installed at one time)  but  whichever is installed, they BOTH stop working when the browser is closed and re-opened.  I have to remove the extension and re-install - which is a pain !   This doesn't happen on my Chrome book.

Can anyone help with this nuisance please  :) 

Many thanks in advance  :flower:
It's today that matters !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Problem with Ad-block and /or Ad-block Plus in Chrome
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:55:08 AM »

No replies Kate.. :(

I use AdBlock in Chrome and AB+ in Firefox and never have had an issue with both of them...

Could it be conflicting with other extensions/add-ons?..I don't have that many installed myself

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »

Don't know if this helps or is it the one you are already using   :=

http://www.chromeplugins.org/extensions/chrome-ad-blocking-extensions-adblock-vs-adblock-plus/

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 04:58:23 PM »

Thanks Phil   .... :flower:     Your message has prompted a reply from JGO   :)       I used it in FF and in Opera but for some reason it plays silly fools in Chrome. 

However, I've used the Chrome link from JGO now and re installed it  - again !  (I did get the original download for Chrome from the Chrome webstore so I'm assuming it's the same thing   ) ....   but we'll see how we go on now ... thank you JGO.

It's today that matters !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »

Lets hope its sorted.. :fingers: :flower:

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 12:40:35 AM »

I've not really paid much attention to it but for a few 'days' (certainly not very long) I've also been having the same problem with Adblock (ABP) not remembering what adverts or banners have previously been blocked, the only thing is though is that I don't use or have chrome installed, yes I did have to re-install some of my ad-ons after the last bout when I had problems with the latest update to Firefox so removed it and installed a previous version which had always worked ok, so thanks for the tip and I'll try disabling my add-ons to see if it solves the problem.

Edit:
I tried disabling most of my add-ons and that made no difference, so I then disabled Adblock, restarted the PC (because I like to) then re-enabled it and it is now it's much better, although sometimes I do initially see some banners but they fairly quickly disappear, so I think there is or at least was a Adblock glitch and possibly even 'deleting' it followed by re-installing it hopefully will cure the problem and take it back to how it used to be, I did notice that the auto-update feature on Adblock was enabled so again I don't know if it may have had a bad update, no-doubt time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:28:42 PM by oldfogy »

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 07:48:08 AM »

New version of Chrome yesterday - any help ?

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »

Another possible workround - Chrome and derived browsers won't take SiteAdvisor directly but if it is bookmarked you can click on it directly after going to a site, to get a health report in a tab. 

anything