Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: UP stream CRC errors when the landline rings  (Read 10083 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: UP stream CRC errors when the landline rings
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2014, 10:44:21 PM »

Very interesting.

So your problem may have possibly been due to poor insertion technique, when the NTE5/A was attached to the incoming service cable.  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 11:39:39 PM »

Very interesting.

So your problem may have possibly been due to poor insertion technique, when the NTE5/A was attached to the incoming service cable.  :-\

It's early days BC but it's looking much better and I left the HG612 in the off position for over 30 minutes while I carried out the repair/re-install of the MKI, and yes the NTE5 terminals looks like childs play so I am very confident now if I have to replace it  ;)

EDIT: ES/hours have gone from 5.6 per hour to 0.0 per hour in DSLstats and that was 1 hour 46 mins since repair and re-sync
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:58:00 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 11:59:19 PM »

Time for a lick of cream, a purr and a quick nap!  :D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 12:22:57 AM »

Or a mouse, getting fed up these mornings to find a dead mouse sitting just outside my bedroom door and it seems they catch them when it's raining outside, so who says cats don't like getting wet   ::)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 06:52:10 AM »

I'll have to think about whether to purchase NTE5 and fit it as I would hate to mess it up, would need to see a wiring diagram for the most up to dated BT Open reach NTE5  first before getting me hands dirty  :o

in my opinion get the screw version, there is 2 types.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NTE5-BT-TYPE-SCREW-TELEPHONE-MASTER-SOCKET-CTE5-NTE-5-/350364271506
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NTE5-SCREW-TERMINAL-TELEPHONE-MASTER-SOCKET-BACKBOX-/350737951587

I cannot remember who I got mine from and ebay wont show it me as it wipes all info older than 60 days, you dont need the backbox.  Just the front part is changed.

--edit--

I see you have already dived in and appear happy with IDC (I prefer screws).  Hopefully you already fixed, but I guess if you do replace your nte5 you will get an IDC version now. :)

It be interesting to see how your downstream errors compare also, it be really good if this pumps you back to fast path.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:57:01 AM by Chrysalis »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 07:23:29 AM »

Very interesting.

B*Cat ...... see my quote from a post above ..... 'I have probably had 4 faults over the last month alone, down to bad terminations on the new NTE5, and these were made with the correct IDC tool !!'

It's only my opinion, but I put it down to the build-quality of the actual NTE5. I've never had as many DSL faults due to poor NTE connections, and we are using the same old proper IDC tool. Instead of a one-push 'clunk', I tend to give it 4/5 push downs these days.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 04:12:16 PM »

It's only my opinion, but I put it down to the build-quality of the actual NTE5. I've never had as many DSL faults due to poor NTE connections, and we are using the same old proper IDC tool. Instead of a one-push 'clunk', I tend to give it 4/5 push downs these days.

<Nods in acknowledgement.> The last time I made a connection using my replica Krone punch-down tool, one particular wire being connected neither "felt" right nor "sounded" right . . . so I extracted the wire and then re-connected it, using two "pushes".  :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »

Or a mouse, getting fed up these mornings to find a dead mouse sitting just outside my bedroom door and it seems they catch them when it's raining outside, so who says cats don't like getting wet   ::)

Are you sure the kittehs are going out into the rain? Or could it be that the mice are coming indoors to shelter from the rain?  ;)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »

It be interesting to see how your downstream errors compare also, it be really good if this pumps you back to fast path.

I'll never get fast path chrys as I am to far from the Cabinet (1000 meters) so i'll always have some errors on my line, but I am just ouside the Range B Impacted High with 31000 kbps the Range A clean would give me 39000 kbps.

Are you sure the kittehs are going out into the rain? Or could it be that the mice are coming indoors to shelter from the rain? 
[/quote]

Yes BC and can here the Kitty jumping upto window opening and he makes this muffled meeoow as the mouse is still in it's mouth while it jumps inside the house from window  :D and yes there is a cure keep the windows closed  :(

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:04:15 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:29 AM »

black sheep thanks for confirming it wasnt me, and dont worry about my experiences I am just one person :)

I can confirm I knew immediately whom BS was referring to - and I can guarantee it wasnt you chris.

This/he/ is one of the reasons why I wont publicly state what I was told by the BToR engineer as to what he would deem acceptable errors for my line, because there are too many people out there who would see it as gospel and not look at the bigger picture.
Ironically now that x-talk has reduced by max connection rate by nearly 20Mbps, my line likely exceeds that figure every single day, yet I still consider my line stable. I would imagine that the BToR would also adjust the figures accordingly because x-talk adds in its own problems.  At the time of my fault the cab was new and therefore hardly any crosstalk, so the line should have been practically clean.

I feel for anyone seeing what NS is seeing now... 'cause I know from experience that BT only seem to be able to track it down when it gets so bad that it also affects voice.  :(   

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2014, 12:55:44 AM »

Results looking good, removed MKII faceplate checked NTE5 IDC terminals and gave them a punch, placed MKI back inplace snipped off the ends off the Data Extension wires and this time the KD-1 made a nice clunk&snap sound on each terminal, booted up HG612 and DSLstats showing an increase in US and DS Bearer,rang the house phone from mobile and ZERO US CRC's spikes just need to screw in those two screws and wait and see  :)

Well when I say Zero the spikes have decreased a lot you can see in this graph the call before I replaced the MK1 and wire being snipped and fully punched down it was over 12 CRC's US errors now it's under 1 US CRC

Ohh...  just reading down the thread....  that looks good.    :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »

black sheep thanks for confirming it wasnt me, and dont worry about my experiences I am just one person :)

I can confirm I knew immediately whom BS was referring to - and I can guarantee it wasnt you chris.

This/he/ is one of the reasons why I wont publicly state what I was told by the BToR engineer as to what he would deem acceptable errors for my line, because there are too many people out there who would see it as gospel and not look at the bigger picture.
Ironically now that x-talk has reduced by max connection rate by nearly 20Mbps, my line likely exceeds that figure every single day, yet I still consider my line stable. I would imagine that the BToR would also adjust the figures accordingly because x-talk adds in its own problems.  At the time of my fault the cab was new and therefore hardly any crosstalk, so the line should have been practically clean.

I feel for anyone seeing what NS is seeing now... 'cause I know from experience that BT only seem to be able to track it down when it gets so bad that it also affects voice.  :(   

yeah I dont consider a line unstable unless either it has packetloss or its dropping.  I get around 500-1000 errors per day but they are spread out not all at once and is currently stable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything