Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HELP! Rejected STOP order on line blocking order of FTTC  (Read 3061 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
HELP! Rejected STOP order on line blocking order of FTTC
« on: September 22, 2014, 09:45:05 PM »

I'm not sure where to ask this but I thought it was worth a try on here.

I am in what appears to be a unique situation.  I moved my line rental from Newcall Telecom back to BT and during this Newcall incorrectly ordered a cease of my line.  As BT had already processed the migration the stop order was rejected by Openreach.  It also seemed to trigger a cease of my ADSL with Zen as the day after the migration went through my Zen ADSL stopped syncing.  Strangely, according to Zen there is no indication of my ADSL being ceased, Openreach still say my broadband is live on their systems.

The thing is, I don't care about the ADSL as it was only temporary to get the SLU tag off my line (previously on Digital Region) so I could move to FTTC.  The problem is, the stop order placed by Newcall Telecom is still showing as pending on my line, even though the date was 5th September and it clearly was rejected once BT took over the line.

Both BT and Zen have tried to get this removed but Openreach claim this can only be requested by Newcall Telecom as they placed the stop order.  The problem is, Newcall Telecom are refusing to do it, as far as they are concerned my line WAS ceased and I keep getting the same message back from their provisioning team that if I want to reconnect my line I will have to ask BT.

I have explained five times now the exact situation, that my line was never actually ceased as it was rejected by Openreach due to the migration.  I have tried the Openreach CEO who just referred it back to BT who then referred it to Zen, neither of course could do anything as they had already tried.  I tried then asking the Openreach CEO to refer the matter to Newcall Telecom instead, but it seems he is now ignoring my e-mails.  I have also tried e-mailing the CEO of Newcall Telecom to no response.

Is there anything more I can do get this sorted?

The joke of all this is in the meantime I have had fibre activated on a second line as a backup, but I still need fibre on my primary line with Zen.  I cannot try moving line rental again to see if it fixes things (although I doubt it would even go through) as the whole reason I moved in the first place was to get BT Basic.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:08:21 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: HELP! Rejected STOP order on line blocking order of FTTC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:49:41 AM »

Ofcom are meant to assist if your are having problems removing tags on the line. 
How long has it been there, defunct CEASE tags should auto-expire after 30 days

Just out of interest I wonder if it is something actually to do with the DR related problems.  A friend of mine had been moaning about similar problem with Origin tags, but as afaik its cleared now.

---
ETA
You have a PM
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:07:09 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »

No I managed to avoid the Digital Region problem as Zen followed the correct procedure for an SLU to ADSL migration.  This is obviously my payback for having it far too easy.  ;)

Good to know it should at least expire eventually.  The date it was supposed to be actioned was 5th September, so hopefully it will at LEAST be gone by 5th October.  In the mean time I will give Ofcom a try, I just wondered if anyone on here more familiar with the inner workings of Openreach would have any better ideas, it was a long shot.

Interesting, Ofcom said what I have been told by both BT and Zen is false, Newcall Telecom are NOT responsible.  Its entirely down to BT or Zen to sort this, primarily Zen seeing as its them this stop order is actually causing problems with - BT are providing their service without issue.

15:05

Apparently the stop order HAS finally gone, but now its showing my line as incompatible with FTTC for some inexplicable reason.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:04:09 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »

I am quite au-fait with Openreach's workings, but a 'Tag' (Cease, Re-provide, TOS, STOP etc) on the line is down to the CP/ISP's. It is they who pay us (Openreach) to carry out the work and it is they who place the 'Tags'.

Good luck with it, as I've personally witnessed and been involved in an EU's complete and utter frustration in trying to get a 'Ghost tag' removed. I literally spent 30mins on the phone on their behalf, and finally managed to get the advisor to understand the issue. I pity the average layman having to go through the same.  :-X

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »

Turns out it HAD finally been removed, possibly on the 19th (10 working days after the cease/reprovide was completed) as Zen did try to place the fibre order again then which I did wonder how they managed that if the stop was still there.  I got an engineer appointment e-mail and then four hours later an e-mail saying the order had been rejected.

Apparently the issue right now is its still showing P against FTTC on Service compatibility so Zen are trying to find out why.  Its bizarre just how hard it is to get a simple answer about what Openreach think is wrong with my line NOW.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:27:34 PM by Alex Atkin UK »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:57:26 PM »

P = Incompatible Product :( 

Well at least the stop has gone..  I just hope Zen can find out why you now cant place the order
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »

Yeah its certainly amusing as the only thing on the line (theoretically, as its still down and I can't be bothered to chase it up) is Zen ADSL, provided by none other than BTW.

anything