Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AOL - Free PS3/Laptop  (Read 2640 times)

jaydog

• Reg Member
AOL - Free PS3/Laptop
« on: January 13, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »

Has anyone taken this offer?

When I go onto aol's site, and type my number in, only the high packages are available (£29.99 and so on). However, samknows states my exchange is enabled for LLU.

I also want to make sure that anyone who has taken this offer, is actually getting up to 8mb speeds, i.e. 4mb, or 5mb, not a maximum of 2mb which some people have told me they are now getting.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: AOL - Free PS3/Laptop
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 05:06:02 PM »

>> When I go onto aol's site, and type my number in, only the high packages are available (£29.99 and so on).

Same here yet I know for sure that my exchange is both AOL + TT LLU enabled.  I have seen examples on other forums where AOL have continued to charge the higher price despite the line being LLU'd.

Having just seen what they offer - no way would I pay £29.99 pm and tie myself up to 24months for AOL/TT service for the sake of a free laptop.  Ive seen better specs on the Acer lappy currently on offer in Asda (and elsewhere) for £300 - in fact paying the extra £150 brings it nearer to the Asda/Acer specs.

.... but hey thats just me..  and I certainly wouldnt commit myself to the appauling CPW/TT/AOL tie in performance that Ive seen by other users on this exchange anyhow.

>> However, samknows states my exchange is enabled for LLU.

I take it that you never followed my suggestion in this post the other day then?

:(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jaydog

• Reg Member
Re: AOL - Free PS3/Laptop
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »

yes i did, that also says llu enabled.

id pay the £22.49 a mth for up to 8mb and aol talk free evening/weekend calls with a free ps3 though, but aol's site when i type my number in doesnt come back with this offer, or anything under £29.99 in fact.

dont wanna call aol about it cos i know theyl mess my account up - im on an 8mb unlimited package for £17.99 a mth and have been for quite some time.

anything