Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLstats + dgn2200 question  (Read 2249 times)

morths

• Just arrived
DSLstats + dgn2200 question
« on: March 15, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »

Hi to all!!

As you probably know, DSLstats has this wonderful option with the custom commands!
What i want is to auto run the "adslctl configure --snr 20" command whenever the dsl disconnects. So i've written down the command to the first field and ticked the apropriate box next to "After a resync" option.

Problem is that "adslctl configure --snr 20" command also resyncs dsl so if i use it with the "After a resync" option, DSLstats keeps resyncing dsl indefinitely.
I also tried with "When DSL connection is down" option but its not what i want..

Is there a way to set up DSLstats somehow to retrain my line with "adslctl configure --snr 20" command only once everytime a resync occurs?

Thnx in advance

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats + dgn2200 question
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »

As far as I know, you only need to apply the SNR tweak command once, and the tweak will be retained until the router is rebooted. So you could use the "Advanced tweaks" section to apply the tweak (or use "Custom commands" with "Send now"), then just leave it. If the router is rebooted or powered down, you would need to reapply the tweak.

I don't think there's any way at present to apply the tweak just once after a re-sync.
  Eric

anything