Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "NGA Enquiry Portal is now closed"?  (Read 3955 times)

Drewley

• Just arrived
"NGA Enquiry Portal is now closed"?
« on: March 10, 2014, 03:43:34 AM »

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the appropriate section to post this!

Whilst checking the "superfast-openreach" website for info on when FTTC might be available for me it gives me a yellow pin with the following, non-encouraging message:
"FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry it's taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us."

However when putting my details into the BT wholesale checker I'm given some estimated FTTC speeds with a date of 31st March.

From looking on these forums I gathered that I should try emailing openreach "nga enquiries" for some more info, unfortunately I received an automated response saying:
"Please note that we will not be responding to your enquiry as the NGA Enquiry Portal is now closed."

I'm wondering if there's anyone here with access to more detailed information what’s delaying the activation of my cabinet and perhaps an estimate of when I'd be able to place an order?

My postcode is: G41 1PG and according to the wholesale checker I'm served by cabinet 3.

Thanks in advance!

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: "NGA Enquiry Portal is now closed"?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »

"FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry it's taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us."

However when putting my details into the BT wholesale checker I'm given some estimated FTTC speeds with a date of 31st March.
I'm getting exactly the same message and date, though a very different postcode.

As the dates have changed so many times in recent months I'm just waiting and checking occasionally. Fully expecting a further delay.  :'(

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:57:15 PM »

@ Drewley and welcome,

As Samknows says RFS from 1 Mar 2014 for WSSOU you are now into the extending time mode.
I.e. your estimate may be delayed 1 month every month so keep an eye open on say the 2nd of the month.

Otherwise it's hiking boots time, or try to chat up a chap in a coloured spaghetti van.
Find PCP 3 and see if a FTTC is near it.
Can you spot a power cable trench as well as the one to the PCP ?
Listening for the noise of fans in other cabinets close by might also give you a clue.
Have you yet seen any slightly larger fibre-splicing vans in the area ?

Kind regards,
Walter

Drewley

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »

@ Drewley and welcome,

As Samknows says RFS from 1 Mar 2014 for WSSOU you are now into the extending time mode.
I.e. your estimate may be delayed 1 month every month so keep an eye open on say the 2nd of the month.

Otherwise it's hiking boots time, or try to chat up a chap in a coloured spaghetti van.
Find PCP 3 and see if a FTTC is near it.
Can you spot a power cable trench as well as the one to the PCP ?
Listening for the noise of fans in other cabinets close by might also give you a clue.
Have you yet seen any slightly larger fibre-splicing vans in the area ?

Kind regards,
Walter

I think the actual FTTC cabinet has been placed, but it's not humming, although there are a couple of trenches going to it, unfortunately neither this or the old cabinet have any numbers on them (it's only about 150-200m from my place so I think this would be my cabinet.

Streetview: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.846041,-4.276127,3a,49.9y,41.38h,69.42t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBlbH06WZ-fLLZKtTqPT62A!2e0

I've searched for planned roadworks in the area and it appears there are some scheduled by openreach at the cabinet from 11th - 18th, unfortunately I can't see any more details on what these roadworks are for exactly.